What iTunes Did: The Video is Up!

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Nobody's forcing any beliefs on anyone else, they're just bringing issues to the forefront. There's a difference in this.

All this political stuff is a stretch, to me. They're just being socially concious and culturally relevant.

Or we could go back to the "girl getting bullied at school" videos, or meaningless riot videos, or fucked up popcorn movie videos.

2. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That's my point. :lol:

3. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Ditto.

There's a difference between social commentary and political commentary. I don't care what your political beliefs are, you can't deny that things like poverty, hunger, racism, etc, exist in the world. If you want political videos, go watch something like Boom! or Sleep Now In The Fire. This video shows social problems in the world, I'd hardly call it political.

4. LP Tekkie

LP Tekkie Well-Known Member

I actually agree with Todd. Linkin Park's lyrics have always been metaphorical or symbolic. Now, they're just not talking about how angry they are or how much they hate themselves. Now they're discussing more mature emotions. The scenes in the video are extremely relevant to the lyrics of the song. My girlfriend has hated LP for the past 4 years because I "wore" her out on them, because I listened to them so much. I showed her the video tonight and she was amazed. I didn't even have so say anything to her, and she said herself that they seemed more mature.

Green Day and System of a Down have some extremely political videos and lyrics. LP doesn't make any lyrical reference to the United States, or terrorism, or anything else tangible. And I don't think they'll ever really do that. They're just discussing some more adult and mature emotions on this track, and the scenes of the social and political mishaps of the last century help give some color to those emotions of longing to move on and become a better person.

*By the way; April 2nd 2007: Biggest day in LP news EVER!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  5. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I let my friend watch the vid and he got totally hyped. We then proceeded to burn the song onto CD (joys for iTunes) and blasted that shit loud. Got a new fan for'em :lol:

6. lpjordy

lpjordy Well-Known Member

I'm trying not to judge this as a fan of old LP, so all I'm saying is, what's with the U2 look?

This new LP will take some getting used to for me.

7. goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100%. I'm sure LP won't do that though. They aren't that type of band.

8. Casper15

Casper15 Member

I so agree with you !! Exactly what I think, I was worried that they would become like Green Day or something, but they are still writing about personal, individual emotions, only those can relate to "problems" in the world.
    But still I find it weird that everyone is saying now that " they've matured so much, and finally they don't are those un-mature guys anymore who write about teen-emotions all the time". Becus that is practically what a lot of people here say right now. I totally dig What I've Done, and the band reinventing themselves, but I really like the old lyrics and ideas behind it too.

9. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

LP DAY!:lol:

10. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think Holland has the premiere :lol: I saw it a couple seconds ago on an music channel, TMF.

11. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Anyone think that the voice sounds more like Chester in the song, and in the video it sounds more like Mike? Hm?

12. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I hear Mike in both the song and the vid. But that's just me.

13. GigaScythe

GigaScythe Well-Known Member

Nope :-S

14. 7even

7even Member

Funny that you mention it, I noticed that as well. When I saw the video I was like :blink: "so it IS Mike." If the song version is exactly the same, it isn't as obvious...

15. Chip

Chip Well-Known Member

I believe on the last LPTV episode (4) they mentioned Mr. Hahn directed "From the Inside", which was a great video btw.

But WID was overally great. As the issues it deals with are all serious and important flaws and problems of the world... I think its been done quite a few times, so it becomes not so original. However, the shots of the band were absolutely sweet and they looked ub3rly awesome :D

16. LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Any info on where this video was filmed?

17. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

California Desert

18. lpeinstein

lpeinstein Active Member

First thing I thought about this video was "Ready to Fall" video by Rise against. I believe that photography and video are playing huge roles now. I highly doubt we'll see a computer generated graphics video out of this album, which in my opinion, is okay.

Three things I loved about this video:

The blue slo-mo shots of Chester, Mike and Brad.

The circling ground shots.

And Chester with a mohawk again.

Another thing is that I like that the lyrics don't just convey personal links but also can be used for what the video did which was worldwide ideas.

19. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

yes yes! Chester and his mohawk..lol. I have noticed a huge change in Chester's look. Watch "Numb" and "What I've Done"..he looks completely different! Gone from spikey hair to mohawks..lol.

20. Neotriple

Neotriple LPA VIP LPA VIP

I actually have a perception of what the video stands for:

First off, the grass going down:

This part shows Linkin Park returning to their roots, the roots of the music they first listened to, what they are inspired by.

The desert:

This shows, I think that they can be painted over. A desert is a simple site, with sand and the air.

The many video clips:

These are their numerous influences [I'm not specifically saying they get their influences from THESE clips, but just, there are MANY things they are getting their influence from. Not just one or two places.

The grass coming back up:

Shows the rebirth of LP as a band, that have been re-painted over with their new influences and such.

Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.