Pre-Orders for Minutes to Midnight to Start Wednesday!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connorhea

Connorhea Member

is this coffee table book a limited edition or anything? I just remembered that I found my From The Inside at a used book store, so Im just gonna hope some "super fan" one day decides to sell his book..

oh, and puh-leeze, the FTI book has 100+ more pages than the new MTM book is supposed to, and theyre selling it at 90 bucks?

2. 2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

from what I gathered

the shirt is $19.95
    the CD/DVD Special Edition is $25.95
    the book is $55.00 (through deduction of the other two items)

I looked up From The Inside, not sure what the original price was, but it can be bought for $25 and it had over 150 pages. so either this book is ridiculously high quality photos or warner upped the price.

I retract my earlier statement on this being a fair price after doing a breakdown of each item, but I still would like this package.

I guess the reason why I bought the ultimate package is because I feel that if I didn't buy the best package, I might miss out on something that is only offered in this package (as far as song wise). i'm paranoid and no amount of justified logic can talk me out of second guessing myself, lol. oh well, credit card ftw :lol:

I believe the CD/DVD packaging will be similiar to that of Meteora. as the "blue" packaging contained the original CD plus the DVD. but if you bought the "brown" version, it was JUST the CD.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  3. Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Active Member

Is anyone else getting certificate errors on their merch site? When I click on to view and purchase the $35 pack, I get redirected to a different site, have to re-choose it and then IE7 tells me that the security certificate was registered to another site and asks that I close the browser and do not continue as it could be an attempt to fool me and steal my money/identity.

Anyone else getting this?

Also, I'm not paying 100 bucks for an art book. I will be getting the "middle" pack and getting the DVD, shirt and CD and a 24 page art book. 100 bucks is crazy for that. I'm not a collector really, I just want my band shirt and my music.

4. 2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

I got that too, was never redirected and to confirm it's a real site, I was given a receipt from bandmerch, so it's legit. I had the little lock in the lower right hand corner and everything. their certificate probably just expired?

5. mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

do you think the CD + DVD will have the actual CD in its normal case, and the DVD in another?

6. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I think it'll be something similar to Meteora, where the CD and the DVD were in one package. Most bands do this now, and even with jewel cases, there's a double-sided CD holder inside the case that flips like a book, if that makes sense, but I doubt we're going to see a jewel case for this album, havn't had that since Hybrid Theory.

And I really don't care about the book. It's not like when I open it it'll play the album. I'm just going to get the $25 package that Best Buy is offering and I'll be fine, the music is the most important part to me.

7. Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Active Member

"This bundle includes a special edition CD/DVD with a hard bound, 24-page book of full-color artwork and lyrics, housed in a linen-wrapped cover with embossing on front. The bundle also features the exclusive T-shirt only available on this site."

Hard to decypher but my guess is that you will receive a CD/DVD package and then you will get the book along with that but I could also see them having little sleeves or pockets in the art book for your discs. I'm guessing we'll get a seperate case for the discs.

8. shinoda mania

shinoda mania New Member

Thanks for the news.

9. 越南

越南 Well-Known Member

anyone besides me else think that $90 is way too much for a cd/dvd combo with art book?

10. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

QFT.

11. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

What ever happened to the days of just buying a cd and not having all the extra crap that comes with it? It's rather sad. :lol:

I make a lot of money but I would never waste it on this "super fan" stuff. I'm just going to buy the album at Best Buy and be done with it. :lol:

It's unbelievable how things have changed since the Hybrid Theory & Meteora days. It's all about money now. I'm not saying before it wasn't, it just seems like it is now more than ever.

12. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I agree.

Some of us can't afford that kind of shit even if we wanted to. :lol:

13. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

it's fucking ridiculous. Oh well, god forbid Warner releases an album without milking every possible cent out of it

14. LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

just pre-ordered.

15. CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

I was so excited to get the Super-fan edition, especially for the artwork. But 100 bucks? That's fucking ridiculous.

16. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

$100? Pfft, no thanks. I'll just look at the pics on the net somewhere.

:cloud:

17. LPLifeFan

LPLifeFan Well-Known Member

How do you know if you bought the explicit or clean version? I don't see anything.

18. _darkstar_

_darkstar_ Active Member

The explicit version says PA and the clean version says Edited.

19. The_Bing_Bing_Wizard

The_Bing_Bing_Wizard Active Member

Is it just me and my wizardy or are other people just not excited about the album as much since we found out W`bros is making lp look like the biggest and most obvious money hungry machine. I mean 4yrs we been waiting, art book should come delux edition.

20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah, that 100.00 thing actually disappointed a lot of fans including myself. This album better be the nicest thing since sliced bread cause I've never, ever, seen Linkin Park do something so greedy before and it surprises me. Most of LP's fans can't afford 100.00 like that and LP should know this. That's insane and just greedy if you ask me.

And to think, Phoenix sounded so nice when I talked to him. Now I don't know what to think. This is sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.