Rolling Stone Q&A: Chester Bennington

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Smuckle

Smuckle Member

Heck yes! And here I was all worried there would be no Mike. ^_^

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

[sic] was probably a bunch of uhmms.

News is like water here at the LPA! Always there and is so good at the right time.

Chip

Chip Well-Known Member

So is Mike singing a good thing or not? Because i love his rap, its a lot different than most of the rap styles you hear these days

goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight Well-Known Member

I just happy they're don't wanna preach their politics and whatever. I can't wait to hear Mike sing a whole song.....it's gonna be sick.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

This will defiantly be a gateway album for LP in terms of paths on upcoming albums. The band is trying to break out of the shells that they are supposedly (placed) in. Mike is Mike, just because he's not rapping doesn't mean that there's no Mike. Mike is doing a lot of things on the record and Chester is just singing. I would like to hear LP minus Chester. I wonder what that would sound like in their new style. With all this hype around The Little Things Give You Away, don't be surprised if In Between steals the show.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
    danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Thank you again !

CureForTheSession

CureForTheSession Well-Known Member

I'm really curious though how much Mike still might have little parts like he has on songs like Numb or Runaway where he just has one line while Chester holds a note "Right in front of youuu(Caught in the undertoe, just caught in the undertoe)" "Now I find my self in question (They point the finger at me again!)" Because I love it when they do that. I absolutely love it when any band has two voices going at once saying different words. It's so amazing. So I hope he still does a bit of that.

And In Between is gonna be the first song I listen to for sure. I can't wait!

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

That kind of helps make more sense as to why Mike isn't on the album as much as some people want. He was busy helping produce the album with Rick a lot, and that's what Chester made it seem like, too. That was my theory about one of the reasons at least that he wasn't going to be as big a part of this album as previous. I'm excited to hear his singing on "In Between" and those lyrics for "The Little Things Give You Away" [they misplaced the words every time on that damn interview and it drove me nuts haha] really entice me, too. It sounds like it's going to be very emotional, plus that guitar solo. It reminds me of the raw emotion that "Kenji" brought to 'The Rising Tied'.

So much news, LPA! I love it!

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

Exactly i dont understand why they say there's not a loy of mike in te album he has 2 songs for himself and there's still some rapping floating around , so don't worry Mike fans im sure you'll b pleased...

LP never dissapoints, im sure there's going to be a little for everyone in this one...

life_drainer_04

life_drainer_04 Member

i hope i`m wrong but i think this les-mike thing hass a purpose...ithink mike just wants to get out of LP and just focus on his rap career...i saw with him saying this...but you had to read between the lines...and then he also said that the new album will be a more rap thin....sth like fort minor...and after a couple of months..5 maybe it wasn`t like he said...weird

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

I don't like it when bands have two guitarists. it kinda makes it hard to say "oh I love brad's part in 'faint'" or something when you don't know for sure who it is playing. it adds to the musicality of it, sure, but it makes it hard pinpoint who's playing it.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I wish I could've passed the time with an interview with Rolling Stone when I was last in the queue for Space Mountain. It's fucking long...

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

i think most of the songs will look like "from the inside" ... where he sings "slow rap" .....
    2 major rap/nu-metal, REAL mike's style ....
    and the rest .... bye bye mike :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i'm angry at mike lol

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

Aww there's nothing better than two guitar's, it makes such a huge sound!

Someone said that Mike have two songs for himself. Isn't it only In Between?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I think Mike'll do his short raps alot, like in Crawling and Numb.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I thought I read somewhere that Hands Held High is pretty much all Mike, too. I may be wrong though.

Arhaz

Arhaz ...waiting. LPA Super Member

Chester is so fucking outright... I bet they didn't FORGET or IGNORE mike though... i mean hell, HE CO-PRODUCED/PRODUCED the album...

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

im kinda pissed off. i was looking forward to hearing mike rapping, and now we're only going to hear a little.. all chester or even all mike for that matter doesnt equal linkin park IMO

a combination of both is the key i think.

i know its not all about the vocals but its a major part in their sound. but hopefully i'll be proven wrong.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

well i'm also a little dissapointed that mike will be rapping less but yea hopefully mikes two rappi ng songs will make up for it and also his singin should be interesting, so i guess overall it may not be such a bad thing

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

we'll have to wait and see :) hopefully we wont be dissapointed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.