Fred Durst Walks Off Stage On Summer Sanitarium

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Derek, Jul 29, 2003.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

wow. That's just wrong. I didn't know that a lot of people hate limpbizkit so much. They are a pretty good band, in my opinion.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It had a lot to do with LP with them coming back on stage, before we found out that they didn't, Mark.

And Will..you need to take me to a eva concert. :wub:

LinkinTheory

LinkinTheory Well-Known Member

Those assholes. They had no right to throw all that stuff. I'm not really a limp fan but that's like assault.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

The last concert I went to, Pointfest which had Cold, Ra, Staind, Breaking Benjamin, Finch, Trapt, The Used, Seether, Socialburn, (hed) P.E. and more, the only thing the security checked was to make sure we weren't bringing in food so they could charge you 5 bucks for a damn soda, $4 for a pretzel that costs less than $2 anywhere else. People were walking around smoking joints and just totally wasted from all the beer, and they didn't do a thing so I believe that the security at Sanitarium sucked.

Oh, and some of the female security guards yelled at girls who were flashing their tits at everyone and made them stop :angry:

The male security guards didn't care ;)

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

I found a article with more info about this.

Chicago-based and nationally syndicated “shock jock” Mancow Muller spoke and took calls during his Monday airing of the “Morning Madhouse” of the incident, which gave more detail about the trash being thrown on stage.” He reports that Limp Bizkit guitarist Mike Smith took a bottle, intended for Durst, to the hand and suffered injuries. While the hated hater himself, Fred Durst, should have been wearing a cup because he was pegged in the family jewels with a lemon. Although, the lemon was intended for Durst’s head, it still managed to hit him…on the head.

Going back to when Limp Bizkit was on stage, the Sun Times reports, “The famously brainless Durst only fanned the flames, first encouraging the catcalls and flying trash, then swerving into a bizarre tirade against the crowd and city. Ranting that he'd fight anyone in earshot and spluttering explicit sexual putdowns, uncreative curses and ludicrous homophobic slurs, Durst simply self-destructed.” Limp Bizkit played on for a few more songs, “But then the band left the stage and Durst resumed his vulgar invective from the wings until, mercifully, he was relieved of the microphone.”

Due to Limp Bizkit’s short set, the crowd was forced to wait an hour and a half for Metallica to come on. Fortunately, the crowd kept things in control and avoided any possible violent activity.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It had a lot to do with LP with them coming back on stage, before we found out that they didn't, Mark.

And Will..you need to take me to a eva concert. :wub: [/b][/quote]
    yes, and now that it's proven untrue, why is it still here? :lol:

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I'm kinda with Mark. It really has nothing to do with Linkin Park since they didn't "save the day".

Alexis

Alexis Extremely H! Vltg3

Fred Durst's alleged homophobic remarks were kind of a turn-off to me, but this is the first I've heard about bottles and knives being thrown onstage. I'd be pretty pissed of myself, if that happened!

sigh....Evanescence concert.... :teehee:

Rybullet

Rybullet Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for the guy. He voices his opinion and is booed because of it. Can't a celebrity have an opinion without being hated for it?! The people who threw the bottles and knives probably have an opinion too, and have chosen to use it before. So why cant Fred Durst do the same without being hated and abused for it! :argh:

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

mayby one of the admins can make a sticky in the other bands forum, for other bands news.

Mark

sounds like a plan.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Or mayby even a sub Catagory

Other Bands - Other Bands News
    - Other Bands Chat

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Ahhh, more expanding of the topics.

I'm going to die. :(

:rolleyes: :lol:

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

d00d im lost already....this is not going to help lol... :(

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Well, some other topics are losing grip as well.

Mark

let's keep it condensed. if we had 4 subforums instead of one big one, we'd probably have 1 new topic a day per subforum. Other Bands isn't that active anyways.