Perfectionism "Dialed Down" on New Effort

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Is it the band doing it, or is it Warner doing it?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That's a good point.

It might be Warner doing all this price jacking, and we're taking comments out of context because of it.

Good way to look at it Todd.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I find it hard to believe that Chester spent all of his money? Geeeeze. He must not have had a lot then?

Of course they're in it for the fun and the money to some degree. Mike has said so many times how much fun the record is, and that they're doing it because they love making music, but they haven't put out an album forever and they probably do NEED money. They'll release this, do some major touring, etc. and it'll be nice.

Mike's probably doing just fine, though.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Someone close to the band told me back around the time Meteora was coming out "they don't make as much as everyone thinks they do".

So maybe we just assumed they were making 1847583838 dollars, when really they weren't and thats why they sued WB.

JohnnyBoy

JohnnyBoy Active Member

i think we should all stop reading the interviews, buy the album (whichever version) and enjoy the music. and if the album sucks, then we can bitch all we want :lol:

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Probably. How much does it cost for them to make an album? They got a 15 million dollar advance right? That's a lot of money..

Radox Redux

Radox Redux Member

You guys are being too harsh, and completely taking Chester's words outta context. he didn't say anything about inventing nu-metal. He merely said that LP helped define the sound of the genre, which is true. Also while he says that he hates most nu-metal bands, he then goes on to say, that he likes a few bands that he never felt belonged in the genre, Linkin Park included. I don't think they're turning away from their roots.

Try to think of it like this: M2M may sound different than HT or Meteora, but when you're listening to the songs ask yourself this: Could any other band make theis album? The answer will probbaly be no. M2M may not be nu-metal, but it's certainly still Linkin Park.

LPLifeFan

LPLifeFan Well-Known Member

I don't care if they weren't aiming for perfection this time, as long as it sounds good, I'll love MTM.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

I've mentioned it before, and I guess i'll be saying it again...the band seems to be building up an anticipation that will be almost impossible to fulfill. 100 dollar CD package? Warner Brothers or not, the band DOES have SOME leverage over their appearance, their consumer interaction, etc.

Now of course LP is one of my favorite groups, but the ridiculousness surrounding this album brings up alot of questions. With all this in mind, the crazy "fan packages", the new look, attitudes, political songs...they've built up an unnessecary amount of pressure on themselves to succeed now, and now that we also know the album is short, they have about 11 songs to prove about 4 years of stand-still, and more than 6 months of hype.

This is all just commentary, I don't know, they might be doing this KNOWING that these 11 songs are actually FIRE and the best things ever...but from what i've heard, What I've Done is a good song...but nothing close to the hype they're building.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I don't think we should worry about success or money getting to anyone from LP's heads. They all seem like pretty down to earth people who enjoy what they do.

The fact is bands branched away from Nu-Metal because of continual stories of it all being manufactured and fake. When it comes down to it the quiestion is whether bands including LP would be dennouncing Nu-Metal today if the genre itself didn't get so much bad publicity. IMO I thought Nu-Metal was an awesome genre and in all honesty I miss it greatly, I'm not even ashamed to admit it. You can tell that the rumours of ghost writers and bands being manufactured basicly killed it off because it only really seemed to take off as a popular genre in around 1999/2000 and was practicly gone 3-4 years later, after all what band from back then can you say still sounds the same and is still largely popular.

JohnnyBoy

JohnnyBoy Active Member

I don't think they would be so stupid as to hype this record up to such a ridiculous level if they weren't absolutely sure MTM is the best thing ever. Concerning WID, I hated both OSC and SIB, but I (obviously) love Hybrid Theory and Meteora, so judging an album off a single doesn't make much sense. I for one have complete faith in the band to deliver an incredible album, as they have never let me down before.

Nosferatu

Nosferatu Well-Known Member

yea I'm with you man. I really don't care what a band does or say...if they put out music I enjoy listening to (be it lyrics, instrumentation, etc.) it's fine by me. I'm not going to hold judgment on a band based on their views/attitudes. Everyone's got a right to act & do what they please.

As for their comments on being "cocky"...it could have just been a twisting by media/Warner like someone else stated earlier.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Chester is doing it for 3 reasons.

1. For the fans.
    2. He loves music and the band.
    3. For the money (he is somewhat broke, after all)

So what if he acts cocky? To me, he hasn't come across like that. He has come across as the nice and genuine guy he has always been, just attempting to earn money back that he lost in his divorce.

chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

I have to agree here. It is really odd for me when i think about it, But perhaps the entire genre came to a stand-still as a result. When you think about it, HT and similar albums from other bands tagged as nu-metal advanced the genre, But then came Meteora. I'm not sure about other bands, But it kind of wore the genre down quick, At least on LP's part.

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

When did LP say there was going to be a $100 cd package? That's crazy.

Daniel8474

Daniel8474 Member

people assume about the advance the band is given, that has to go towards equipment hire, studio time etc as well.

also, the new approach must be good, the single debuted at #39 in the UK charts, on download sales alone, im pretty sure that did better than Breaking the Habit on it's physical release.

LP's promotion in the UK has been minimal, they're gonna have to step it up if they want to warrant the headlining slot they've been given at Download Festival UK.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Linkin Park Rules!!!!!111one!!!!shift!!!!!!!!!!`!

general41391

general41391 Well-Known Member

The 6 minute plus song?! awesome! why cant they all be that long lol

Arhaz

Arhaz ...waiting. LPA Super Member

i'm just very nervous right now... things are beginning to seem a lil off beat and curious.. i just hope all goes well.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

No they didn't. Unless I missed something, "Wake" is the intro...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.