Vote For Linkin Park in MTV's Battle of The Videos!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    panza

panza Well-Known Member

yeah it's just a net-voting-battle ...who cares? WID is #1 single, that's what's important

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Yeah for sure but it could be nice to have a "What I've Done" video day.

[Tezzy-Tez]

[Tezzy-Tez] Well-Known Member

1. The reason LP are losing is cause' the Ev' video is better than the LP one, not cause of bots... (I know that's opinion and I voted for LP outta loyalty but I'm not gonna lie and say I think WID is better cause I personally think the video sucks :|)

2. To those saying vote 10 times an hour or delete your cookies or whatever... are you serious? People have better things to do than help LP win this Micky Mouse contest that means nothing. And why do people even care THAT much?

3.And people saying omg the Ev' video is just her singing in a cave, it sucks! erm, wasnt Crawling just them singing in an Ice cave? Papercut in 3 rooms? In the end in a CGI desert? Don't slate the Ev' video for just being performance footage covered in effects.

Evanescence's video owns the LP one (in my opinion) and in the opinion's of many others it seems... so chill... it isn't really that important.

-NodA-

-NodA- Well-Known Member

The "cheat" is simple, you just have to clear the cookies and reload the page to vote again.

I guess Ev. fans have abused of this method. There are messages everywhere to vote for LP (lp.com, every fan site, fort minor and LPST newsletter) but Ev goes on to lead.

laurens

laurens Well-Known Member

You better chill. Writing such a long post about something not important.
    Anyways, Ev is cheating. I looked @ their forums ( :lol: ) and they had some macro things etcetera....
    Not nice, MTV should know better!

DarkEmporessKt

DarkEmporessKt Member

I went on the the mtv battleofthevideos site, to see if there was any cheating. And there probably is looking at this.
    I refreshed as much as I could, and what I found was this for ev and LP:

LP ------ Ev
    180666 693307
    180684 693516
    180696 693636
    180708 693706
    180715 693709
    180726 693710
    180739 693711
    180750 693714
    180754 693718
    180784 693722
    180796 693802
    180798 694226
    180808 694573
    180828 694908

Not hard to see that LP is consistent and Ev can be consistenly low, then go up about 300 in 1/2 a minute or something. I don't think this is a coincidence for some reason...

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

:lol: you people are fucking ridiculous. NO ONE IS CHEATING. Evanescence has a shit load of fans as well and I'm sure a lot of LP "fans" aren't really voting because this contest doesn't mean anything. The fact of the matter is, Evanescence fans think this matters a lot and they're all voting multiple times. They aren't using bots, they aren't rigging the polls, they are just plain winning by doing what happens in every poll-based contest like this one.

However, I just went to the evanescence fan site that I usually go on and they're talking about how the LPU is discussing using "bots" when the Ev fans aren't even doing that. "OMG THEY'RE WINNING, THEY MUST BE CHEATING, WE MUST CHEAT TOO" No guys, just no.

You people need to get over yourselves and realize that this doesn't really matter.

DarkEmporessKt

DarkEmporessKt Member

I sort of agree with that.
    There are LP fans that are cheating as well as evanescence fans. I am not blaming all evanescence fans for cheating, but think that there is a few sneaky ev fans cheating a lot. I don't doubt that there are no lp fans cheating and even lil mama fans, but what i think is maybe 1 ev fan is cheating a lot more than the lp fans. But I suppose there is no such thing as a fair vote. We will never know who truly won, Ev may have won anyway, so it's not like we lost because of bots. But I also love evanescence, and as an ev fan, I still feel evanescence is cheating. Most of my friends prefer linkin park to evanescence, nd althouh ev are good, and the video is also good, I do not think they should win.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

While I agree this doesn't matter whatsoever, you cannot possibly tell me that the ratio of Evanescence fans voting is 600% of the number of Linkin Park fans voting. Do not underestimate the blind loyalty of some Linkin Park fans (LPMB, LPU). Remember the Viewer's Choice Award?

How are you so sure there isn't cheating? I'd go to EvBoard to find out, but they don't seem to want to send me my confirmation email when I register. Somebody else should try and do a little snooping to see whether or not they're manipulating the system.

obiwanws2

obiwanws2 Well-Known Member

yeah, but the LP videos have a story to go with it.......the Evanescence video has no story....or has one that is very small and pointless. The video is just her singing and acting like a stripper...

Chris.

I was just on the evanescencewebsite fan site message board, which they had a 17 page voting thread about it and they were laughing at the LP fans that thought they were cheating. They even discussed the option of not voting for a day, just to let LP catch up, but of course they didn't do it.

I honestly don't think they're cheating. If anyone cheating, it's with MTV but I don't know why MTV would cheat.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

To me, going to the EW fan site MB instead of EvBoard is like coming here instead of the LPMB/LPUMB to see if there's cheating going on. There's an upper echelon of mature fans that stray away from the main channels.

I'm willing to agree they may not be cheating, but I don't feel I can until I see it's not happening on EvBoard.

Chris.

Eh, true. I never really thought about the EvBoard because I've always heard the mods there are complete assholes. It's very possible that the mods there could be using bots without talking about it or anything because it just seems like something they'd do from what I've heard about them. I just don't think the average Evanescence fan would go through the trouble of using bots to win this.

Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Active Member

As long as Lil Mama doesn't beat LP, I could care less who wins.

Lipgloss is the dumbest, and I repeat, dumbest video I have ever seen in my life. The song is even worse. What is she 12? Where the heck did Lil Mama come from anyways?

Horrible video and song. Worse then Glamorous.
    I voted LP, not impressed with Evanescence video. It's OK, but I agree it's just her acting like a stripper. WID has so much more meaning, for the song and the band. Much more impressive video.

kerojax

kerojax New Member

how have you been voting so much? I voted once, and now it will not let me vote again!

Chris.

Erase your cookies after every time you vote.

Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

I have an idea..lets all vote for Lil Mama for the hell of it :lol:, jk, whatever i don't care if lp wins or not..they still kick ass..

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yes I am serious, and in my spare time why not do something to help promote Linkin Park as much as I want? Also, it's not a process that takes very long. In a minute you could vote several times already, so why the hell not? El-Oh-El.

The evanescence video is sloppy and all over the place it seems, and whatever the message the video is trying to imply..well I just don't see it.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
    Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

This contest doesn't matter. Evanescence's video is better than Linkin Park's because it appeals to a majority of the public view, not all who votes for Evanescence are fans but more of those who are interested in the video content. Now that I look at it again, Linkin Park's video is not up to standard to the public media in amazement or grand or anything compare to their previous videos like Breaking The Habit or Somewhere I Belong lacking in creativity or, whatever you want to put it in.

jordanspringer

jordanspringer Active Member

i love how LPA currently has FIVE lpstreetteam links on their homepage! Someone is going to win a signed LP Guitar.... lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.