What would you do if...

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Will, Jul 31, 2003.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

What would you do if former limpbizkit guitarist Wes Borland joined Linkin Park? How would you react? Would you like the fact that one of the best guitarists ever joined one of the best bands ever?

Personally, I think it would be awesome. You've got 2 already awesome guitarists in Mike and Brad, and then you'd be adding to an already awesome combination with Wes Borland.

What are you views?

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

This belongs in The What If's of LP topic, Will. That's it, you're fired!!! :lol: J/K

I agree 100% with you, my brotha. LP would be one rocking-out unstoppable machine if Wes joined.

Wait, they're already that! Well, he would increase that!

LPxchicaxMKS

LPxchicaxMKS Well-Known Member

Linkin Park would kick even more ass than they already do..and Fred Durest would be one jealous person...lol

LPUfanatic1

LPUfanatic1 Member

I still like brad better than wes.

Alexis

Alexis Extremely H! Vltg3

meh... I think that brad's a great guitarist. Besides, 6 people is pushing the limit :p 7 would be...Different

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

He's not one of the best guitarists ever. He just played in a big band, that's all.

I wouldn't like it because having three guitarists is stupid when most of the guitars are barchords. Plus, Wes wouldn't fit right in LP.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I wouldn't want him to join Linkin Park. It wouldn't look, feel and seem right with him in the band.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Wes is too cocky and stuck up to be in LP....i wouldnt like it.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

lol.

Jonny is the only one who thinks it'd be cool.

I never said Brad isn't a good guitarist, I just thought it'd be cool to see what people thought.

I personally think he's one of the best guitarists, "Take A Look Around" really shows off his talents.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I'd tell Chester, Mike, Brad, Phoenix, Rob, and Joe to kick him out.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Yeah, it does suck that Wes has an attitude problem, but hey, in my dream where he's in the band, he doesn't have an attitude problem and he fits right in with the guys. :D

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I would do what Bryan would do :p

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

i dont like band mixing unless its a legendary superband combination like SoundGarden+Rage Against The Machine=Audioslave.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

That's the worst combination of all time. Sorry, that's how I feel.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

no that wouldnt match at all.

first of all isnt mike an awesome guitarist, he isnt even one. what he does could everyone else do aswell.

then i have to admit that wes isnt almost as great as kirk hamett of metallica. he is a really really great artist. wes is more a rhythm player, what isnt so difficult if you got time to practicise. of course wes isnt so bad as brad, but i wouldnt call it awesome.

next point is that wes plays a deeper guitar tuning than linkin park. limp bizkit guitars are a way deeper than linkin park's.

and at last, wes doesnt fit in linkin park at all. linkin park are linkin park. its the same as if u say santana should join linkin park.

figure9

figure9 Well-Known Member

thats a stupid question 1) its never ever gonna happen 2) because it wouldnt work 3) why did u choose wes limp bizkit are very different to linkin park and his two new bands are also very different u could equally ask what would you do if avril lavigne joined linkin park its DUMB and everyone would react badly. you could argue that she is one of the best selling artists of this year...... doesnt make it anyless dumb

LPUfanatic1

LPUfanatic1 Member

I totally agre

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

wes left limpbizkit, thinking they would beg him to come back, he thought limpbizkit were holding him down, fred never begged him to come back, lb are back with a new album, and recently, wes admited his new band wont ever be as big as limpbizkit, if he did join LP, their music would get darker.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

not darker, he hardly had an affect on the writing in limpbizkit so how would that change in LP?

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I think LP would get maybe a little heavier if he joined because of his heavy guitar sounds.

Brad's a great guitarist and Mike's just your typical player because I guess he's still learning. He only does back-up anyway.

Oh and by the way, f*ck Metallica. :)