NBA Playoffs 2007

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Louis, Apr 16, 2007.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

It's that time again, folks.

NBA Playoffs 2007.

Place your bets. Who's gonna take it all? What are your predictions?

For me, I'm with my Phoenix Suns.

[​IMG]

Oh, and I hope Golden State clinches #8, because if they do, I think the Mavericks won't make it past the first round.

John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I Agree with the Warriors prediction, the suns won't win because San Antonio is gonna beat them in the 2nd round. For me i think it's between Dallas and San Antonio they are the best 2 teams.

My fav team is the Lakers but i know they won't go far, at least Kobe Bryant is on our team so you never know.

2 playoffs matchups are already set

Spurs vs Nuggets Spurs in 5
    Rockets vs Jazz Jazz in 6

Louis

Actually, I don't think the Spurs will beat the Suns.

Spurs are a good team, no doubt, but the Suns have what it takes this year to beat them. I know it.

And Kobe Bryant is good, but even he alone can't take the Lakers to an NBA Final. No way. I'll be surprised if they even get to the second round after playing the Suns. That is, if they can hang on to number 7.

Dallas and Suns are the two best teams, actually. Dallas and Suns are 2-2 against each other.

If Spurs are playing the Nuggets, I think the Spurs are gonna get out in 6. Nuggets are on fire. I think they can beat the Spurs.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm partial to King James and his Cavaliers.

John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

the east sucks, i just want a det vs bulls conference finals

shockwave

shockwave Well-Known Member

my favourite team has go to be the heat...and i feel they've got a pretty good shot with d. wade back :)

i think the nuggets will do rather well, i3 and melo have been awesome recently. also i agree with the warriors being a good competitor, but i have my doubts about them beating the mavs...

i think it'll be heat and spurs in the finals.

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

Im going for the Rockets. hopefully yao and mcgrady get their act together and start being consistant with their effort.

somekid

somekid Well-Known Member

I have always been a rockets fan and I am pulling for them.

I bet Phoenix will take it.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I'm going to cheer for none other than my hometown team, the Chicago Bulls.

I honestly think we're going to make the finals. We destory the Pistons every time we play them, so our only threat is probably the Cavs.

Louis

*high-five*

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I hope the Bulls play the Pistons and beat them in the first round so the Cavs don't have to lose to them again. :lol:

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

frikin lakers blew that game. ridiculous.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I'm pushing for a Mavs and Cavs final :lol: I have Dallas pulling out on top though.

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

me too. cavs have detroit's number. they have the spurs' number too, but they have less than half the chance dallas does on getting to the finals.

Louis

The Suns upped their defense big time in the 4th quarter. We started double-teaming Kobe, and because Kobe doesn't pass, it worked to our benefit.

I'm sorry, but I really don't see the Lakers coming out of this one successful. We're going to get them out in 5 or 6 games. 4 may be pushing it.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

The only thing the Lakers have going for them is Kobe and when he takes 4-5 BAD shots, it gives the other team an opportunity to take advantage of the team.

Louis

That's the thing with any shooter on any team opposite of the Suns. If they miss a few shots, the Suns take advantage of that a lot better than a lot of the other teams do.

Version One

by all means, i'm not trying to take anything away from the suns. i like their team and though i hope this series will go to 7 and result in a lakers win (or quicker if possible) things favor the suns to win this in 5 or 6. i know the lakers are capable, but there's little room for error when they play. the suns started out cold, but they'll never stay that way for a full game. they heated up, played good d, and sparked runs with barbosa. esp. that 3rd quarter. the lakers were hitting most of their shots but the suns responded quickly. the lead was gradually chipped away at and in a matter of minutes reduced to 3. from there, it was all downhill. kobe made some bad decisions at the end by taking every shot whether double teamed or not when he went ice cold after the first half, but overall, the team failed to hold onto the lead and they lost. hopefully they can come back and win game 2.

out of san antonio, dallas, and the suns as the big 3 most likely to reach the finals, i like the suns and would choose them over the other two.

Louis

I don't see a 7 game series between the two. Last year, it shouldn't have happened. We had injuries and we didn't have Stoudemire, and there were some tensions between Raja and Kobe. That game should have ended quicker in the Suns favor. I'm glad the Suns came back from 3-1, though.

If Kobe doesn't learn how to start passing, the Lakers are never going to be a successful team. He's a good shooter and he can be really effective when his shots keep dropping, but he doesn't make his team better. Teams win games, not players. The Suns are a team, and all they have to face is Kobe. Lamar Odom isn't at 100% and he's not going to be for the rest of the series. The Suns are going to come out of this victorious, and it'll probably be in 5 or 6 games. I'm sorry, but I'm being generous giving the Lakers the possibility of winning 2 games in the series.

Dallas and San Antonio, I think, are going to get out in the first round. Denver is going to beat San Antonio in 5 or 6 games. I think Golden State will either quickly get Dallas out in a 4-0 or 4-1 series, or slowly but surely get them out in a 4-3 series. Dallas can't beat Golden State. Their chemistry is terrible against them. They can't take GS's confidence away from them. No way.

The Suns have proved that they can beat any team. They have Stoudemire and Barbosa is this fireball of a player. He's on fire and he's extremely effective. I see the Suns coming out victorious in these playoffs. As far as the Eastern conference is concerned, I think it's a toss-up. It's either going to be Pistons or Heat in the Finals, I think.

I'm looking for a Suns / Heat or Suns / Pistons Final. And I think the Suns, either way, will emerge victorious. If Dallas and San Antonio are out, nothing is going to stop the Suns. Nothing.

Version One

good point with stoudemire being out, for his presence makes up for a lack of size last year, and the lakers are still relatively banged up from injuries (though that isn't really an excuse, they've been playing some inconsistent ball). kobe has less trust in his teammates seeing as how for the last half of the season he was carrying the scoring load. but as last year's playoffs and the start of the season show, he's very capable of being that balanced player. i wouldn't write the lakers off too soon, although a 4-1 suns victory is likely.

i can see dallas and san anotonio being upset, and i'd like both of them out very much.

the suns have proven that they can hang with any team, and it could very well be their year this year. i really do hope nash gets the mvp again because i can't stand nowitzski (he's so damn good though).