VA Tech Shooting

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by palingenesis, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Cho was bullied in school...that's why we need to stop making fun of kids so bad dude I'm telling you, this shit always happens.

you can't blame him man, he had NO friends, he wanted some friends and a girlfriend desperately, he was driven over the edge. he didn't speak english that well, hell I wouldn't ever do something like that but I was in that situation I'd be about as upset as him.

that's why at school when I see people making fun of kids so bad all the time...I just try and tell them it could be them, sometimes it's not always their fault and to show some respect for others.

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Didn't speak English very well? He emmigrated when he was 8, and was in a Creative Writing class, and was majoring in English. He at least had an average grasp of the language.

I wish I knew people who didn't speak English well who could use the phrase 'deceitful charlatans' in a sentence.

3. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Just as a reminder, I heard on the news that tomorrow is a national day of mourning and that VA Tech is urging people to wear their colors of maroon and orange tomorrow. Since it's casual Friday at where I work, I will be wearing their colors. If you have their colors, please show support! <3

4. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Are you trying to sympathize and excuse what he did as the result of not being accepted by his peers? Are you serious?

You are uninformed.

First, I'm not going to repeat what Kayce said about his language issues, of which there were none.

In December 2005, Cho was served with a court order to go to a mental facility for an examination, where it was determined he was an immenent threat to himself. Multiple accounts have students trying to talk to him in class, yet him refusing to talk with them. He had stalking tendancies and was found taking pictures with his cell phone of girls in his classes, leading to them complaining about harassment. His plays involved plotting to kill people and lashing out at authority figures and peers.

He was mentally unstable! This wasn't the result of bullying or not being accepted by his peers. He was a nutjob! That's why he was a loner; because of himself and his actions. He tried to blame it all on others, but in reality all that happened to him was because of his mental health and his actions among his peers. He was a creep.

That may have been true for the kids at Columbine, and I agree that bullying can lead to this type of behaviour, but that is NOT the case here.

5. Hahninator

ok sorry Mark...wow I was wrong >_< you're right.

but yes I did read that he didn't speak English very well...when he talked it sounded really mumbled and jumbled and everyone pointed and laughed at him.

6. androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

Today at a local high school (not the one I go to) A kid got into a fight with his mom. I dont know the exact details, but apparently he said that he was going to repeat the VT Tech tragedy at his school or something along the lines of that. His mother immediately informed the police luckily, and the school went into a lockdown. I know this because my brother had track today and they run to that high school's field to practice, and when he got there, they were told to turn around by police officers. There was helicopters and everything.

7. Hahninator

BLACKSBURG, Va. - In high school, Cho Seung-Hui almost never opened his mouth. When he finally did, his classmates laughed, pointed at him and said: "Go back to China."

As such details of the Virginia Tech shooter's life come out, and experts pore over his sick and twisted writings and his videotaped rant, it is becoming increasingly clear that Cho was almost a textbook case of a school shooter: a painfully awkward, picked-on young man who lashed out with methodical fury at a world he believed was out to get him.

8. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

First I've read of it. Weird. I apologize for calling you uninformed for that. Kind took me back. That happened in high school back in 2003, now that I've read a few news articles.

I still attribute the blame to his mental instability, however. Being picked on is one thing, buying a gun and killed 30+ people is another. He obviously had mental issues.

Cho was in my playwriting class last fall, and nobody seemed to think much of him at first. He would sit by himself whenever possible, and didn't like talking to anyone. I don't think I've ever actually heard his voice before. He was just so quiet and kept to himself. Looking back, he fit the exact stereotype of what one would typically think of as a "school shooter" – a loner, obsessed with violence, and serious personal problems. Some of us in class tried to talk to him to be nice and get him out of his shell, but he refused talking to anyone. It was like he didn't want to be friends with anybody. One friend of mine tried to offer him some Halloween candy that she still had, but he slowly shook his head, refusing it. He just came to class every day and submitted his work on time, as I understand it.
    -- Classmate's blog.

9. Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Anybody see the video Cho made? What a douchebag. He talks like Napolian Dynomite.

I seriously wish he was still alive. Honestly. I wish he could be tied to a tree and people could just line up and beat the crap out of him.

I don't buy that bullying crap either. Everyone has been bullied sometime in their life. You know what I think? Cho was scared of rejection so thats why he never talked to anybody. He probably thought everybody hated him or some shit. I mean, the guy WAS mentally ill.

And for the record, shooting up your school is the cowardly way out. Hell, you'd be better off telling a teacher and being known as a snitch rather then doing something like this.

What a coward.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  10. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I don't think Paul was generalizing Asians at all, Keaton. He was just commenting on his accent, not everyone's accent.

11. Misfit Jay

Misfit Jay I'm down with tippin 40s to your memory. LPA Super Member

I've been waiting to get my opinion out on this. First off, my condolences to all the friends and families who are suffering.

I dunno if anyone has touched on this but I hate how the news is giving Cho what he wanted. And that's putting his face on tv by showing those photos and video. Also all I kept seeing yesterday and today was not only pictures of Cho but pictures of police dragging/carrying bodies of the students who died out of the building. I just don't think that that's right to do.

12. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

http://www.publicopiniononline.com/localnews/ci_5709556

Yeah, the school my brother goes to had a bomb threat today.

13. Glue

Glue Well-Known Member

I agreed with you, man. We shouldn't make fun of others and stop racist. Though, Cho chosen the wrong way but If I were him maybe I would have walk the same path as he do.

14. MooMoozer

MooMoozer Well-Known Member

I know this is alittle off topic.. but it still goes into this area.

Since this happened there has been alot of school violence. Well at least what i've seen. Like yesterday some kid was arrested at a school for brining stolen guns and ammunition to school.

And my boyfriend is in lock own at his school because there was a bomb threat :( and I'm worried.

15. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

That's what Peter Dolving from The Haunted had to say in his blog. Like with a lot of things he's right. Judging by what I've read I know exactly how that guy felt and it sickens me almost as much that people can say some of the things that have been said about him when he obviously needed sympathy. There's a fine line between containing yourself and doing something stupid and it can be incredibly hard to tread it.

My condolences to everyone including Cho.

16. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

From cnn.com, Family issues statement:

17. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

The video really disgusts me. He films like its some.. i have no fucking idea. Like "You made me spill my blood" blablabla. Just reincarnate yourself and slowly die. Idiot.

And I hate the media in America. I saw some footage of CNN and NBC and that just sucked. They dont treat it that something bad has happened, they treat it as "Oohh lunatic goes crazy! lets go guys! :D :D"

At least, thats what I thought when I saw it but I dont watch CNN and NBC 24/7.

18. androidkaita

I hate how he says that he dies like Jesus. That made me mad.

19. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

He said that? How does he figure?

20. androidkaita

hold on ill get the video
    [YOUTUBE]edK5tf5_bL4[/YOUTUBE]