Vans Warped Tour 2003

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Whimsicality, Aug 1, 2003.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Today was my first time ever going to Warped, and I will start by saying I have every intention to go back next year. It was a little overwhelming at first, just because there were so many people. I got used to it pretty quick though.

Coheed and Cambria....First band we saw, and they are wonderful live. I missed the beginning of the set though, since they were some of the first to play.

The Ataris....Well they sounded good, but we ended up leaving early because we were in a bad spot and the crowd was crazy...literally no breathing room.

Poison The Well...was alright, but I'm not really a fan...

Simple Plan....I didn't actually see them, but I heard their entire set because I was a stage over waiting for The Used to play. They surprised me. I don't really like them, but some of their non-single songs were pretty good.

The Used...SO AWESOME! I had a great view, we were sitting on a fence in the back so we could see over everyones heads...My only complaint was that they spent five or six minutes talking in the middle of their set, and I would have rather heard them play.

Tsunami Bomb...Loved them. We were right near the speakers though, so it was crazy loud.

Story of the Year....This was my first time hearing them, and I thought they were great. I'll be looking for their album when it comes out.

One Man Army...Not really a fan, but we were right up front. Very fun. Not too much energy though, since the lead singer is also the only guitarist so he didn't jump around much.

Dropkick Murphys...Didn't see their full set, but I liked what I heard.

I also saw a few other bands, but the names are sticking out in my mind...STUN was one I believe...

Who else has been to Warped this year?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I haven't been nor will I but I have to say this:

#### THE USED. :)

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

They would probably take that as a compliment, lol.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

You are so lucky that you went to Warped! A bunch of my friends are going to the tour next Friday but unfortunately, I couldn't go. :angry:
    I wish I could go so I could see Simple Plan, Rancid, Mest, Less Than Jake, The Used and The Ataris. I love those bands. Oh Well.
    Sounds like you had fun! ;) :)

LProckon

LProckon Well-Known Member

I went to the Warped near me, and I must say, it was awesome. I went last year also, so I wasn't as surprised at the number of people. I'm glad you had a good time, Warped is always an event to remember.

The first band I saw was Rufio and I missed the first 15 minutes because they started playing before 11AM, which was when Warped was supposed to start. :angry:

Some of my highlights were seeing Glassjaw!!, erm, being at their signing thing, and the rest of the day was kind of a blur. Um..when we saw Thrice, they had to play the first few songs acoustic because I think the drummer had problems or something... But that was okay because their electric set was cool.

I remember waiting to see The Ataris. We got to the stage very early but there was already a crowd. When they started playing, EVERYONE WENT CRAZY, so we just left that stage.

sup103

sup103 Ambient

What about Yellowcard?
    What about Yellowcard?
    What about Yellowcard?
    What about Yellowcard?
    What about Yellowcard?
    What about Yellowcard?
    What about Yellowcard?
    What about Yellowcard?
    What about Yellowcard?
    What about Yellowcard?
    What about Yellowcard?

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Story of the Year is from St. Louis and get quite a bit of airplay on the radio here in StL. Glad to see they're making it big, their music isn't too bad at all. But, their older name which they used when they first started, "Big Blue Monkey" is much better :lol:

Their CD, Page Avenue is coming out in September. BTW, it's named after a street that goes from one end of St. Louis and it's suburbs to the other end. I've driven on it many times

Alexis

Alexis Extremely H! Vltg3

I went to the Warped Tour Vancouver. All I can say is... WEEEEEEE! I really wish that the Summer Sanitarium had come to BC, though :(

LPxchicaxMKS

LPxchicaxMKS Well-Known Member

argh ur soo lucky you got to go to warped! :( they came here 7/20 and my friend went and he said it kicked ass..if i went i would have wanted to see The Used, AFI and the Ataris. Im glad you had fun!!

CinnamonSpider

CinnamonSpider Well-Known Member

Damn, you guys are lucky! I haven't gotten a chance to go :( yes, so sad. I bought the Warped Tour Live ('02) and it's ######' great! seems like they have loads of fun...like when other members of a band come on stage with another band and join right in the song (w00t) When Chris from Anti-Flag finished off Alkaline Trio's "Radio". I get all excited and it's only a DVD :(

I wish youuuuu
    would take my radio
    to bathe with youuuu
    plugged in and ready to falllllllllll!

that's the best love song ever!! :shifty: <3 Alk3

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

Warped was awesome this year. So much happened. Couldn't see Brand New but they sounded great. The Used were insane. Letter Kills had so much energy. I missed SOTY. I was very angered. But I got to talk to Phil and Dan and they are touring the rest of the year so now I'm happy. The big bubble thing had messed up times on it so they took it down. Brockton Fairgrounds was way to small for the 22 or 23 thousand people there. All was good fun.

PauletteEMLPGC

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Great Pics!!! :)

PauletteEMLPGC

Thanks! :D

LProckon

Yeah, those are great pics!

I would get mine up, but I haven't finished my camera yet. And I probably won't until September. :rolleyes:

PauletteEMLPGC

Well I'd love to see them when you get them up. Just do what my friend did and take pics of gummi bears.

LProckon

LOL gummi bears are way good! But I'm trying to save the film in my two (that's right, 2) cameras for the DTR Invasion tour. :)

PauletteEMLPGC

Ooh at first I was like what is DTR. Oh I'm not really into too many bands on Drive Thru Records. Senses Fail is on their right. Haven't heard their stuff. Recomend any songs?

LProckon

Ooh at first I was like what is DTR. Oh I'm not really into too many bands on Drive Thru Records. Senses Fail is on their right. Haven't heard their stuff. Recomend any songs? [/b][/quote]
    Awesome. My favorite Senses Fail songs are "Free Fall Without A Parachute", "187", and "Stephen". Their latest release is their "From The Depths Of Dreams EP". Other bands on Drive Thru are Finch, Allister, Homegrown, The Starting Line, and much more. Hope you enjoy Senses Fail! :teehee:

PauletteEMLPGC

Awesome. My favorite Senses Fail songs are "Free Fall Without A Parachute", "187", and "Stephen". Their latest release is their "From The Depths Of Dreams EP". Other bands on Drive Thru are Finch, Allister, Homegrown, The Starting Line, and much more. Hope you enjoy Senses Fail! :teehee: [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for the info on Senses Fail. I'll have to check out those songs later. I loved Homegrown every since I saw them on tour w/GC way back in October.