Heroes

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Friskey™, May 1, 2007.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

This fucking needs it's own topic, dammit. :lol:

Bored one day, one of my good friends actually recommended me the show. (Thank you Debshoney!)

I've heard of it, sounded good and interesting, but I didn't have the time to watch it since it was on the same night and time as 24. Luck be have it, 24 has hit the proverbial shitter, and i've caught up on TV shows before (Ended up watching the 2 seasons and the first half of the third with Veronica Mars in about 2 weeks) and now here I am. Officially caught up, and I have to say, what a show. Took me maybe about 4-5 episodes to get into it, but right now, i'm hooked and I think I found my next season ploy for Monday nights.

It's the story and all of the characters that drive you in, not to mention some of the shocks i've gotten over the season so far. I actually downloaded "Parasite" and ".07%" and I watched Parasite and I thought to myself "I'll prob. watch .07% tomorrow" NOPE! The episode, the cliffhanger ending, I needed more. I ended up watching the next episode right away. I NEVER did that with other shows.

One of my friends actually told me about the show. "It's like Lost, although with less confusion and superheroes". HA! That hooked me right away. Least this show can keep it going with answers coming and plots moving along. Knock on wood that doesn't happen.

Here's hoping this show stays a hit, because it's one of the best things going for TV right now. It's not the best show on TV, but it's a close second.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

HEROES!

Dear God, this show rocks. And i rock for getting you to watch it :lol:

It reminds me of Lost, but without the frustration of never finding anything out. It truly is genius and even though i don't watch much TV, i look forward to it every week, and it is just wow.

Wish i could 'bendo time ando spaceo' to watch it all (Only on episode 13 ¬_¬) :lol:

Oh, and Hiro Nakamura FTW. He makes me laugh

Last edited: May 1, 2007
    Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I wanna see this show! I don't wanna watch it now though because it's too far into the show. I'll probably watch it once the first season comes out on DVD since I have Netflix.

When does the DVD come out? Or is it already..? I'm not sure. It looks like a kick ass show though.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Woohoo, Heroes! I LOVE this show! When it first came out I was like, "wtf", but then i really got into it, met all the characters and found out powers and then i was like, "...WOW!" Haha! Yeah, i love Monday night TV, well anyway used to. Prison Break is my other favorite (season is over though) so I would watch that from 8-9 and then Heroes from 9-10 (Go DVR!)
    Haha, okayyy I'm done rambling.
    Heroes ftw!

Friskey™

You can just do what I do and download the episodes, if you have DSL or whatnot. It took me about 3 days to catch up.

And no release date yet for the DVD since the season is not over yet. We have 3 episodes to go. Which sucks.

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

I'm going to come right out and say it: Best show on television.
    Sure, I love the Office but this show has got it all. Twists like you wouldn't believe, and some great plotlines (as well as crap ones)

Last night's episode was NUTS.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I don't know where to download them other than Itunes. I would buy the episodes off Itunes if I had a job, but I don't. I'll probably wait until the DVD comes out sadly.

[Eyefire]

[Eyefire] Active Member

Heroes is the shit!!!!!
    "Yatai!"

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I was gripped from the very first episode^^. Heroes is the shit, along with Scrubs and South Park. :D

ultramar

ultramar Well-Known Member

Best show around, I've lost count of the number of times I've found myself sat with my mouth wide open at the plot twists.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

W00t, The Office!^_^

Go Heroes! :lol:

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

wheres the site where you can watch all the episodes? someone was telling me they let everyone watch all the episodes online.

Friskey™

Shit, I forgot about that. :lol:

NBC does it actually, which is awesome.

http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episodes/heroes.shtml?show=heroes01

Yeah, they may have an ad every break and it's somewhat crappy quality, but it works. At the end of the link where it says "heroes01"...for the next episode, replace 01 with 02...02 with 03...etc.

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

omg, episode 20 was genius. i only wish they'd shown the fight between Peter and Sylar!

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Heroes is one of my favourite shows on TV right now, if not my absolute favourite because the only other great show is Prison Break.
    I'd rank the show as a 4 on my list of favourite shows ever.

The story is brilliant, the characters are awesome, ... everything about it is great. It has plottwists, but it doesn't have those BIG cliffhangers Lost has and that makes me love the show even more.

It's a nice change of pace from watching LOST all the time. :p

Agent

Holy shit! Episode 20 was wicked!!

Friskey™

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7322

Season 1 DVD goes out on August 28th.

And about the finale tonight, they really did a good job on it, even though I didn't love it to death. That happens when expectations are through the roof and in space. I knew Sylar wasn't gonna die for certain reasons, but it tied some things along nicely.

Two things shocked me: One was the fact that apparently there's a scarier "boogeyman" as Molly liked to put it. You mean, there's someone out there that's worse than Sylar? Who the fuck is it?

Two was the fact that they gave us a "pseudo-cliffhanger" with starting up Volume Two like that. Bastards. :lol:

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Yeah, shoot. That ticked me off. :lol:

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

Wow, the finale was crazy. The end actually seemed kind of anticlimactic. Hopefully we'll get more answers next season.

Agent

Yeah I wonder...

...and how the fuck did Simone's father see Peter? :blink: