Preview Clips Are Out!

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    MrT

MrT Member

The response here is much better then The official Linkin Park boards. I love the new sound, and yes it's a little soft but it's amazing stuff and I think after this album linkin park may lose some fans, but they will gain much more. I cant wait for the full thing to come out.

xEuphoric_Silencex

xEuphoric_Silencex Member

>.< CRAP

I swore several times to myself that I wouldn't listen to any previews like on amazon or another site that posted them like this, BUT I GAVE IN, and well I'm kind of glad I did!

Overall, I like the new album...its completely different than 2000-2006 Linkin Park, but that's ok. They grew up and things change, I guess. I am more of a fan of their older style, but this new album will definitely be a hit. I dont think it'll be bigger than their other albums, though...its just too mainstream and pop-rockish...

My Favorites in order from best to least favorite (judging from the 30 sec. previews):
    -What Ive Done (just...wow)
    -No More Sorrow (awesome guitar)
    -Leave Out All The Rest (beautiful song!)
    -Bleed It Out (closest to their previous albums)
    -Given Up (really hardcore...Qwerty-esque)
    -Hands Held High (nice drum beat & tempo)
    -Wake (im a huge fan of instrumentals)
    -Shadow Of The Day (a smooth and very open sound)
    -The Little Things That Give You Away (not because of the preview, but because of the heavy guitar that is supposed to be in there somewhere was said to be incredible...and its LP's favorite)
    -In Pieces (sounds neat...and I have a feeling this doesnt play the chorus or any of the ending...Kudos review gave this one a 5/5)
    -Valentines Day (good piano and nice breakdown, but nothing spectacular)
    -In Between (i dont know what the f*ck is up with this song...)

I'm loving their new sound, and these are just 30 seconds of each song; there aren't many choruses and no bridges or endings in them, so it's probably gonna be alot better than these make it seem! Unfortunately, i dont think it will be bigger than Hybrid Theory or Meteora...its just not their best work. it will just take some getting used to for some hardcore fans of their previous music, like myself...05/15/07!!!

Last edited: May 3, 2007
    goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight Well-Known Member

Holy crap it does. I didn't even think of that before. No complaints here, Lostprophets is my favorite band. :)

dork721

dork721 New Member

Wow! I've been a Linkin Park fan for years and I have never made any bad judgments against them. However, I believe this album might be the one I'll have to criticise. Obviously, I'm aware it's a different approach from thier previous albums, but from what I've heard (judging from the 30 sec clips), honestly? M2M doesn't even come close to being better than HT/Meteora. After listening, in my opinion, "No More Sorrow" sounds like the best song on the record. But on the other hand, i will still purchase the album irregardless.

panza

panza Well-Known Member

I don't know, I just expected something better after 150 demos...all these songs are not BAD, but they are so mainstream poprockish. I liked LP for their creativity, they created something original, new, fresh, alternative. But now I am hoping that it's just because these clips are 30 sec long, because they seem to me like nothing new or exciting. Maybe it's just because I think LP can't write a good ballad without sounding like a cliche.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

amen. I did not read through all the comments yet, but I just want to agree with you out right.

and like someone else said, just as I vowed to not listen to any songs til May 15th, something like this comes along, ahhh! lol.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Not to state the obvious, but you should've read the rules.

We don't allow the use of that word here. You're warned, calling him a retard was completely unnecessary.

Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

My boyfriend is still staying a MTM virgin :p

Even though I keep offering him the links. He sticks to his word :)

Steelmaniak

Steelmaniak Member

I can't stop listening to all the clips, and I bet this cd is going to get them alot of new fans. Yes the album is softer (at least thats what you can hear from the 30 sec clips), but still it's just awesome and I can't stop listening!

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

this is a softer lp. it's different, but something that i like so far.

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

I'm listening to them over and over, but I can't seem to find a liking for "In Pieces".

Everything else is great though.

YKA

YKA Well-Known Member

Erm - retard means something like "idiot" right?

Derek is perfectly right, even if you (and I) don't think that it is emo, you cannot call him a retard because of that. It's his opinion man!

samedirection

samedirection Member

I'm a little disappointed; like Panza said, they're all not bad but not too ground-breaking either. Then again, I thought the same thing about Meteora when the clips for that were released, and depending on what day it is, Meteora is my favorite Linkin Park album.

hybridx

hybridx Well-Known Member

Yea but its not an opinion, its fact. Emo and soft songs are two completely different things :)

666Liam666

666Liam666 Active Member

Hahaha, I feel your pain.

Steelmaniak

Steelmaniak Member

One word: awesome! I can't stop listening and i think that's a good thing.
    I love the softer songs, but you will never know it's only 30 seconds, maybe they end up all harder than they started, and i love mike singing by the way.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

No, retard is a disrespectful slang towards people with down syndrome (mental retardation). It's like calling a little person a midget, its a rude term and it's referring to those type of people in a negative light.

Thus is why we don't allow people to say retard, because its meant to call them 'stupid' and since a 'retard' is a rude word for someone with down syndrome, its like you're calling those people stupid, when some are way smarter than we are. It's disgusting, rude, and politically incorrect and it's why we don't want it here.

Sure, but it didn't mean you had to call him a retard or almost flame him because he disagreed with you. We aren't the LPU where a n00b can get pwned for not using the search engine. We're a completely different type of community here.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

since I am sticking to my guns and not listening, will someone explain to me how Linkin Park are "soft" and "slow" now? like Pushing Me Away Live from LPU 6.0 soft/slow? or like In The End "soft/slow"? either/or, LP sounds great "soft". am so anxious to hear this now.

JCQ

JCQ Well-Known Member

i think very mellowed out linkin park record to date.

20. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

I don't know if this album is better then HT, but it kicks meteora's ass, and can someone PLZ give me the lyrics that we have so far for hands held high, thank you. :)

Last edited: May 3, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.