Preview Clips Are Out!

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

okay well i've only listened to the clips so I can't make a fully informed decision, but from what i've heared i'm actually quite disappointed in this album. Linkin Park got where they did because they were exiting, lively nu metal. If they want to get away from that fine. But this just seems like exactly what i was afraid of. They're so desperate to escape their old sound that they've just gone for something completely different without a care in the world for alienating their fans.

HOWEVER, I hated Meteora when i first heared it but now i love it so this will probably turn out the same.

2. LP Tekkie

LP Tekkie Well-Known Member

I really wanted more tracks like Given Up, No More Sorrow, and What I've Done. I really hope the two bonus tracks from iTunes are just wickedly sick, hard songs where Chester just lets it all out. I am praying...

3. Steelmaniak

Steelmaniak Member

Well we've only heard like 30 secs of every song maybe the songs end up with a hard sound, you'l never know.

4. YKA

YKA Well-Known Member

Of course it's a fact that emo is not the same as soft, but i just guess that the guy who wrote that just had a problem in expressing himself correctly (happens to me all the time too).

It is difficult to express yourself sometimes.

Derek, are you the one who is correcting my mistakes? Sorry about the mistakes. Somehow I seem to make more mistakes today than usually.

Well, you've officially become my second English teacher now!

5. LPUSilentShock

LPUSilentShock Active Member

I can't believe how they have changed.

Linkin Park 2000-2006 is dead. Get over it. Get used to Linkin Park 2007.
    Hell yeah, they said it themselves... "Rise from the ashes of stylistic division",

I've let some of my friends listen to clips of this, most of them being HT fans but hated everything else and thier like, whoa... That's LP? They Like it, I love it :D

12 days to go, Off to pre-order the CD/DvD and post some news :D
    (Decided aginst the 100$ version, i don't need the book xD)

6. Slade

Slade Member

The only track I'm really not looking forward to is "Hands Held High"

7. dfhddhf

dfhddhf Active Member

Anyone else think the whole mood and beat of "In Pieces" sounds like Hardly Breathe by Hydroponikz? Because I think it's uncanny, lol. Shadow of the Day really does sound like All ways Always by Lostprophets aswell. But overall I have great expectations from these clips, particularly Leave out all the rest and Bleed it out and they're smack bang next to my fav track so far Given Up oh and Wake is their best intro yet aswell, so the opening to this album looks set to be astonishing imo.

In Between is trash, lol.

8. Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

I know it's just 30 second clips, but I put them in order from favorite (starting with 1) to least favorite (ending with 11). I didn't add Wake to it, since it's an intro. :)

1. No More Sorrow
    2. Hands Held High
    3. Given Up
    4. What I've Done
    5. Bleed It Out
    6. Leave Out All The Rest
    7. In Between
    8. Valentine's Day
    9. The Little Things Give You Away
    10. Shadow of the Day
    11. In Pieces

9. 越南

越南 Well-Known Member

Wow. this album is much softer than i thought. totally suprised me how different it was.

10. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think the beginning of "Leave Out The Rest" sounds like Justin Timberlake's "What goes around comes around"

11. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Now, this is going to be a long post and don't read it if you don't want to know anymore about the album, lyric or anything else wise.

So I listened to the clips and wrote down the lyrics, and told you what I thought of them all. Here it goes.

1. Wake: As far as I know, there are no words. (This seems to be an awesome intro)

2. Given up: I love this song very much, its oozes of Linkin park and remains different at the same time.

3. Leave Out All The Rest: Teen angst at its best, but better.

4.Bleed It Out: This song is awesome its like classic Linkin Park!

5. Shadow of The Day: To me this seems to be a beautiful song, I don't ever think linking park wrote something this uplifting.

6. What I've done: Weakest song on the album, It wouldn't download but you know the lyrics.

7. Hands Held High: Resemblant of fort minor, I don't know if there will be chester singing the chorus but I hope so.

8. No More Sorrow: This song reminds me of AFI , and green day its a great song.

9. Valentines Day: It seems to be depressing, but thats okay because I love that kind of music.

10. In Between: Mike sings pretty well!!, I think this is the chorus.

11. In Peices: Hip-Hop and a blend of something else.

12. The Little Things Give You Away: Seems good, I can't really tell.

------------
    *phhhhhew, alot of typing lol

12. pugofdoom

pugofdoom Well-Known Member

Holy Crap.
    This stuff freaking rocks! I actually wasn't expecting myself to like the softer songs, but I do.
    And I can expect that people won't like this, but they all have a respectable opinion (unless it's different from Mine! :pirate: j/k)

13. Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

LOL. Honestly, that's what I thought of when I heard it.

14. underground1

underground1 Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's just me, but doesn't Hands Held High sound a bit like Eminem's Toy Soldier? Oh well I still like it though.

15. BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

Even though there isn't as much of Mike's rapping in the clips I hear, I love "In Between." His vocals are perfect for it, truly. "Hands Held High" is going to be another amazing Mike rap, I can't wait to hear it all. Really, they've excelled at their lyric writing and their whole tone is a lot better.

LP07 - I hope they keep this trend up. The new material is overall their best.

16. YKA

YKA Well-Known Member

are you guys going to buy this album immediately when it comes out?
    i bought meteora without having heard a song before (except SIB), but this one would just be a bit too dangerous to me somehow - i want to hear the whole songs before "wasting" my money - but in general i have a good feeling about that album

17. lpcrawling

lpcrawling Active Member

Just wondering, am i the only one thinks each of these songs aren't very unique? Before we could hear a song and say it was definitely a LP song. Now we're like this sounds like AFI, U2, emo-y, etc.

Darwin's theory of evolution. adaptation to stay alive. LP changed their style to stay in the scene and not be the next Korn or Limp Bizkit. aka selling out.

18. imwhoim01

imwhoim01 Active Member

Whats really bugging me is the fact that six songs are really soft and mellow, and one song has Fort Minor screaming out of it (Hands Held High). I do listen to a lot of soft songs but I'm just not used to so much softness on one LP album. It just doesn't feel right. Plus, one song is an instrumental intro (which is great btw) and that leaves four songs that are really hardcore LP style, I'm only hoping that Chaz will start screaming on one of those softer songs to improve the overall rating.

19. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

shit the bed! that was awesome!!

20. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

You sound like a failure at life.

*Edit* And to back myself up a bit...without getting into it too much, the word "emo" was created to describe the sound of Washington DC-area hardcore music in the mid-to-late 1980s. Calling anything that doesn't fit that description "emo" is, well...wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.