'Minutes To Midnight' Leaks

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    MrT

MrT Member

Now that i think about it i dont think lp fan sites should post this news .. I think there is only 1 torrent out which has the real thing it can be stopped before it spreads and other lp fan sites can be asked not to post too ....Lp really dont deserv this

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Not necessarily. I believe one of them actually said something along the lines of "download it, but still buy it. we need money too."

And besides, they're not exactly RICH. Chester especially, for obvious reasons.

Shinji

Shinji Illuminate

I'm impressed, great album.
    It really doesn't deserve all the shit it gets.

lpassailant

lpassailant Well-Known Member

True, that to claim they don't wan't you to buy it would be false... but at the same time, if you wan't to download it early, they support that. I'm just sick of hearing "you traitor!! you're betraying the band!! you're a bad fan!!" Fact of the matter is... people will always download music and not buy it. LP knows that so they put goodies in with the CD to sell it. Wasting internet space yelling about it accomplishes nothing. Besides, Chester isn't exactly living in the slums...

johlin

johlin Member

I found a release which seems to be non-fake from a big but private music site. I'm tempted to download it but I'm not sure.

Don't tell me to "support the band" though, I will still buy the album as soon as it comes out, I have tickets for one show on their european tour and I will buy a shirt when I'm there.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Actually, I heard on the radio that Brad or Rob bought a 14 million dollar mansion with a pool and a nice car aswell.

But I highly doubt it :lol:

dancingjesus

dancingjesus Member

Wow.... this is so dissapointing *sigh. My biggest problem is that I loved the direction they were taking with Breaking the Habbit , it sounded different enough and unique from the rest of meteora but at the same time it was still "Linkin Park". This album feels as if its just AFI/Greenday and Coldplay with a TAD ... TAD of Linkin Park. It's not that its not good music or what have you its just not what I want from this band. It's way to soft and too pop/punkish.

lpassailant

lpassailant Well-Known Member

I'm not supposed to ask where you people are finding the album, but should anyone anonymously send me a random hint via Pm I promise not to get upset...

chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

After the first listen i have a sort of satisfied feeling for the album. I like most of the songs, And the variation in between (no pun intended) the tracks is refreshing. As the kudos review said, Some songs feel like they were cut short a bit - Ending abruptly when you would expect a tiny bit more. Perhaps this signifies a change in style as well, Moving away from the preset song structure. This album is softer than previous efforts, in a way, and of course entirely different in style.

If you come expecting another Hybrid Theory (in terms of genre-defining music), You'll probably be disappointed. It's an interesting direction for the band, But personally i don't see anything that i would consider revolutionary.

All in all.. I believe there's something for (almost) everyone in here. Does it live to the hype? I don't think so, Not many things do anyway. Is it a good album? I think so.

lostcontact

lostcontact Active Member

Beat me to it Kayce, heh.

I've got it (not disclosing where I got it from, of course), and I can tell you now it's not a really "rock" album. It is, for the most part, a really soft, more pop-biased sounding record. I would like to call it "flowing", but the abrupt track endings for lots of the songs prevent that.

To be honest, I like the album. I really wanted to love it, but as it stands, it'll take quite a few plays to grow on me. They've just changed so dramatically in such a short period of time (between QWERTY and the album leak) that most Linkin Park fans will be grabbing for something familiar to them on the album, which would be Given Up, No More Sorrow, Bleed it Out and What I've Done.

But I'm sure that everybody will pick up the new style with glee sooner or later.

And if anybody is going to have a go at me for downloading it, think again - I've already pre-ordered the album from Sanity and I can't wait for the proper physical release :D but the download will tide me over until I can get my mitts on the real version.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

My personal 2 cents:[don't read if you don't want to know more about the album]

The Kudos Review is pretty accurate... very ballad-heavy album with a few low points - namely Bleed It Out (that damn chorus is too repetitive) and In Between. It'd be better if the song wasn't so FLATLINE... Mike can sing but he needs to extend out more. Use the highs that he has in No More Sorrow for once. We all know he can sing, but he just doesn't cut it on this track. Or maybe the track just blows in general. :lol:

Loving 'The Little Things Give You Away' and the album version of 'No More Sorrow.'

Was it worth the 90-something$ for the super-fan edition? I wouldn't say so. But I got it anyways, so there.

chaosblade

chaosblade Well-Known Member

More or less agreeing with Kayce. By the way, Your user title isn't so accurate anymore :p

linkinparkrokr

linkinparkrokr New Member

"We support free music. So go ahead! Download that shit!" - Mike

found that somewhere...

well I'm DLing it but, I'm also going to buy the CD along with a couple shirts....
    so I'm happy..
    hey look it's done..
    let's see if i got a real torrent...

edit: yeah it was real...and i like it
    some songs are...um My decemberish...
    it's like pop...I'm feeling real guilty and bad right now...
    FYI....The quality on my leak isn't very good....

Last edited: May 4, 2007
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

If I find I'll download it, but I'm still going to buy the CD no matter what I think of the album. Linkin Park is my favorite band and I've been waiting for this thing for 4 years. So no matter what I think of it, weather I download it or not, I'm still going to buy it.

Nick595

Nick595 Well-Known Member

Well, i've downloaded it.
    It is nice, but i can't imagine that Kudows Magazine gave In Pieces 5/5, i would rather give it 3/5.

Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

I know all the lyircs and im only on 3rd listen through.. Dam for having a good selective memory :(

Stik

Stik Well-Known Member

This is a very vital point in LP's career, I think. I'm seeing it mostly in this thread. It's all up to the fans to really accept that Linkin Park is growing up and evolving with the times. This is a very different sound for them, and I, like many others, enjoy the transition. However, there are those fans who still expect LIИKIN PARK, and will be VERY disappointed with this album. Either way, we all have to accept the fact that they wanted to move on to something different. It'll be interesting to see how many fans stay with LP, and how many will go. It's like what Limp Bizkit did with their most recent release, "The Unquestionable Truth Part 1," where there barely was any marketing for the album, just a hope that loyal fans will stick with them. Of course, I'm not comparing Limp Bizkit with the godly LP guys, but yeah...I'm done.

Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

The quality on mine is amazing :D

Love all the songs to pieces (no pun intended) :lol:

Guitars are amazing, drums are just WOW and mike and chester singing together is awe-striking ;)

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

no no, dont get me wrong, i will buy it in support of the band, but i just want to hear the full songs..i still have plans to buy it though definetly.

on "The Little Things Give You Away", how is Brad's guitar solo? Is it any good?

dreamfight3r

dreamfight3r Member

blame it on my self-control, I've downloaded the album. Solely because No More Sorrow (album version) is tempted the hell out of me. And what can I say, hello new LP! And the leaked is the real deal, absolutely not fake.

but heck, whatever I am going to have the real deal as soon as it hits the music store.

by the way - does anyone wondering how the heck the album leaked on the very same day fans get the chance to hear 30 secs clip from each song on MTM? I know I do. hrmmmm...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.