Reanimation: Best LP Record??

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Agent, Sep 28, 2006.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

how many of u consider reanimation as the best LP album (i consider it as an album...some of u may not)?? just look at it: ground breaking remixes and compositions/ great vocals/ talented guest artists/ great album cover...what else do ya need???!!!

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

From a creativity standpoint, I'll give it a large advantage over Meteora.

neoprose

neoprose Member

I am going to have to say my view on this one. I consider it a different album. I know some others don't but it has new songs than what appeared on Hybrid Theory (not including singles extras) and it is a really amazing album. If not an album, call it an experience. Some of the most powerful songs I have ever heard remain on that album. Sory example is With>You, and Krawlng... Pure power.

My all time favourite song out of everything I have heard LP, or any other LP based or LP member based project. The violins are so prfound. Everything is just beautiful. I can sometimes sit there or lie down on my bed and be taken into a different world by this song. It is just so amazing. Okay, I'm rambling now.

I would also like to add that for a "remix" based ablum it has some of the best remixes I've heard in my life; period.

semiHYBRIDITY

semiHYBRIDITY Active Member

It's one of the best albums IMO, but it can't beat HT of course. But it beats Meteora, definitely. There were some songs that were remixed a little too much, like Wth>You, Enth E Nd. So, although there were awesome songs there, there were also some crappy songs there. But overall, it's a great album.

lp4k3

lp4k3 Member

I think its a really good album and one that many LP fans didnt truly appreciate.

I dont rate it as good as Meteora and no where near Hybrid Theory, but it was still a very good album, something to fill the space between the two anyway.

Pr3D

Pr3D Active Member

wth>you was great.

enth e nd was a let down.

1stp Kloser gave the cool 'blood is pouring' ending that i loved the band using for their live concerts.

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Some songs were really refreshed but some remixes didn't bring a lot of new things.

Enjoiske

Enjoiske Well-Known Member

the place for my head remix blew. That was my fave track off hybrid theory, and when they took away everything that made it good for the remix, it was just awful. It had it's own thing going, but was leagues behind the original imo. They coulda done so much more with that song.

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

It was sort of an experiment done by Linkin Park to expand their creativity and learn from other artists; it really showed its hip hop side more. Its a good album, but there were too many songs that didn't attract much attention from me, few songs surpassed the original ones (By_Myslf is one of them that I like). Of course we're talking about being as solid as a pretty much legendary and legacy album here. I perfer Meteora over Reanimation however.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I absolutely love Enth E Nd. As an album, I rarely sit back and listen to it. Some standout tracks but it's not my cup of tea so to speak. Basically it took out the fluency aand rock out of HT.

Brewer

Brewer New Member

I would have to say it is their second best album, I liked how they imported a lot of Hip Hop and Rap in it. Hybrid Theory Mixed with Rap and Hip Hop is beautiful. I have listened to Reanimation just a little too much. But I still like it to this day, one of the songs that really get me is ...My<Dsmbr

LPgator

LPgator Well-Known Member

Its a great CD, but i rank it behind the LP's original albums

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

not as good as hybrid hteory but i do beleive it beats meteora

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

And to the cries of sorrow from most of the fans in the world...

Reanimation is hands down my favorite album by LP EVER (followed by the tied HT/MTM combo).

I think it's safe to say there is not one song on that album I don't like. I even like the interludes.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

WizzyKid

WizzyKid Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings. First of all without a question Hybrid Theory is simply their best and one of the best albums ever. Infact if there was no Hybrid Theory I don't think I would like linkin park. Hybrid Theory is the one album where I like absolutly everything about it, every sound made, every lyric.

All of their other albums I can't say which is the worst or best, I have mixed reactions to them all. Tough I can easily say I enjoy listening to Reanimation more and Meteora, since I felt half of Meteora was weak and falled short in comparison to what LP put before themselves on Hybrid Theory. Minutes to Midnight being a completely different album to anything they've done I'm going to leave that one out for now.

Anyway I appreciate every song on Reanimation. I love hearing for the different versions of each song and all the new sounds put in. I also like the impact other artists have on the songs too. Songs which aren't good compared to their original are still interesting to listen too. Take Enth E Nd for example, I much prefer In The End and the remix just seems like they didon't even want Chester in the song. Yet I love listening to the lyrical differences and the music relations.

Some songs aren't better than their origal, or worse. They just provide a different style that makes me debate which version to here alot of the time. A great example is the remix of Wth>You. In some ways I prefer With You, others Wth>You. However what really makes Wth>You stand out like alot of the songs is the inclusion of another vocalist. In this case Aceyalone who has a really great rap sequance. The lyrics are some of the best rap lyrics I've ever heard.

In some cases the song is very different from the original, and feels more like an original song itself which makes me want to listen to it more and more to find all the subtle links there is between the remix and the original. Such songs include Frgt/10 and p5hng me A*wy.

If there is anything else about Reanimation that really makes me enjoy it more than anything, it is the fact some songs just have soo much sound to be heard in them. Examples are p5hng me A*wy and by myslf. I can listen to them many many many times just picking out each little sound that has been included.

So whilst I don't know if Meteora or Reanimation is better, I simply prefer listening to Reanimation for the interest of remixes of one of the best albums ever. Meteora simply extends on Hybrid Theory but slightly leans in the wrong direction with unneeded electronic effects.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It's a mixed bag in terms of quality but it's hands down the most interesting thing they released before MTM.

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

NO. It sucks. Really. I just like 3 or 4 songs ...

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

i loved crawlings remix

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

i really love the different lyrics they stuck on "reanimation", when i first started listening to LP, it was always the lyrics that got me the most. ;)

"reanimation" and "hybrid theory" are totally different and i can't say one's better than the other because each one has its ... good and bad traits. i gotta say, though, that "reanimation" has better guitar. haha. :D

like, "Pts.Of.Athrty"'s chorus (that was brad, yeah?) and the extended bridge in "By_Myslf" (stef!) are the best examples -- and probably the only ones. ha.

i also like the rich, beautiful, layered moments; and the strings, in particular, which provide them. the intro "KRWLNG", where the vocals come in and echo ... that was just breathtaking the first time i heard it.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007