'Minutes To Midnight' Leaks

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nosferatu

Nosferatu Well-Known Member

how does downloading and buying it later NOT supporting the band? lol

Plus just a little FYI it's VBR encoded @ 224kbit and yes I'm buying the disc. :)

2. Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I find it great that people are against others downloading this album when they download leaked albums by other artists.

What has been said before is true. If you want to support the band, go and see them live. That's where they gain money. When a band is brought in to do an album they are given a fixed amount of money to work with and then are paid a certain amount to make the CD. All the money made, after this has been paid for by the record companies, goes to the record companies (Unless of course you're on a good label, in which case you may see percentage of sales money).

As for if I'm going to download it. Yes, I am. I'll probably buy it when it comes out as well though. I've bought every LP album so far whether it was worth the money (eg. Hybrid Theory) or not (eg. Collision Course).

3. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I can't stand the "you're not a real fan if ______" argument.

Although it's kinda difficult for some of us to see the band live, Dave. hah.

4. DarthPeanut

DarthPeanut Well-Known Member

I won't bother downloading it. I haven't heard anything yet, I can wait till the release date for it. I have avoided listening to the single and clips that have come out the last few weeks.

5. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

props to you!

6. Dedicated

I understand that completely. Considering that LP seem to only enjoy coming to the UK to play festivals or one off shows in London :lol:

7. lpcrawling

lpcrawling Active Member

ugh such a disappointing album. i think the only good song on here is given up, the rest are complete crap. it's not even crap bc they changed styles, LP just didn't live up to its potential. I'm surprised this album sucks so hardcore bc they took forever to release it since Meteora. Mike and Joe are completely gone in this album. I'm just bummed now. :angry:

8. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Or to Canada (i.e: Only Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver) for 8 concerts in 7 years.

9. DarthPeanut

I want to form my own opinion instead of hearing others. I figure I won't judge the album based off of one song right away. I've had times where I would buy a cd because I liked the single, yet the rest of the album was a waste of money and time. Usually I stick to Itunes but I haven't bought anything since I had my car broken into a few weeks back.

10. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

Yeah, I downloaded it. What? Come and get me.

Here's the weird thing though. Usually a high profile leak or something, it usually gets done in like 3-4 minutes.

This one, as you can see below....yeah. I've never hit "DLing at 1000+kb" before in my life. :lol:

Attached Files:

11. Dedicated

Gutted >_<

12. Importskyline22

Importskyline22 LPA VIP LPA VIP

Crap, i dont know what to do. I kept telling myself "your not going to download it when it gets leaked, your going to wait till the 15th so it wil make the trip to the sotre worthwhile".

Even if i download it, im still goign to buy the cd, i did it for meteora when it got leaked, i downloaded it, then on realse date went out and bought the cd.

I have it downloading now.....but i could stop it at any minute....hmm...

13. DarthPeanut

I've only seen Linkin Park in concert once, because I missed the Virginia Beach show tickets at the last minute. I only got to see them the one time as a graduation gift from my dad. Those Mosh Pit tickets where the greatest ever.

Back to the leak, I don't believe I've ever downloaded a leaked album before. I did download "Remember the Name" live from Pukkelpop, but that is because Fort Minor was only doing shows in Europe and someone who got a hold of the rip of the show woke me up and was like HERE!

14. r3nagade

r3nagade New Member

Long time reader first time poster

First let me say that im a pretty big LP fan.I bought hybrid theory after the first time i heard 1 step closer just ran straight to best buy and picked up the album and loved every track.ReAnimation i waited outside the store waiting to buy the album loved it.same for meteora and live in texas.I went to a concert in pittsburgh (korn and snoop dogg was there ) FANTASTIC show one of the most fun nights i ever had,watched every TV concert aswell.

Now saying all that minutes to midnight is absolutely terrible.Rick Rubin has killed linkin park,he's taken there sound we've loved for years and thrown it out the window just to copy every other crappy wannabe greenday garage band out there its just plain garbage i couldnt be more dissapointed.There's not 1 track on the new album thats better hen any other old LP song not 1.

Here's hoping a new reanimation with tracks from meteora and minutes to midnight will bring LP back to glory.

15. Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

going to download, but still buying the record (own all the cd's) and planning to see them live for the first time this summer.

16. DarthPeanut

I believe another reason why I haven't bothered with downloading anything is because I've grown increasing lazy. Not that I search for the downloads. People always seem to think of me when they get stuff and I just politely decline it. =D

17. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I'm diggin' this. Awesome work once again LP!

Still can't wait for the 15th though, I want the actual thing in my hands.

18. Majorfort

Majorfort Active Member

Incredible how ppl can be so impatient! Wait 10 more days (international) and 15 days US;) ;)

19. Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

I was at my freinds house and I saw the news here on his computer. And he fucking downloaded it and played it, omg I can't belive it! I have waited four years and then he just blows it into my ears that way? Damn, I wish I could forget :(

20. 7even

7even Member

Wow. Must.. stop.. self.. from.. listening...

I'm still buying it.:-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.