'Minutes To Midnight' Leaks

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I just finally got through the atrocity that was "The Little Things Give You Away." That was way more over-hyped than "Breaking the Habit" was. Terrible, terrible, terrible song. The solo was complete shit, and the lyrics were awful.

Overall, just like I've been saying: awful album. I don't care if you all slag me for my opinion, but it was awful. It was ALL over the place. No consistency at all. Just terrible.

2. christian_j

christian_j Member

I hope they release another album within a year. I waited too long for this album. Its a beautiful album. But i need a balance of rock songs. Pop songs are good but dont make an album full of them. Saying that i think shadow of the day is one of the best songs ive ever heard.

3. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

Found the legit version.

I'll definitely be buying this, just for Hands Held High.

Very significant U2 influence...

"Shadow of the Day" might be the next huge hit. There's a distinct Edge feel to the guitar, it's easily accessible, and it's well written.

I think people are more disappointed that this was such a HUGE shift, and they can't get past their disappointment to recognize that this is some really great music.

4. ragingxchaoz

ragingxchaoz Active Member

I bought the bundle, so it does not matter to me if I download it, but I will just not spread it to everybody else.

Songs are good. Leave Out All The Rest will be a great hit for sure.
    Bleed It Out sounds better than Given Up to me now.
    And In Pieces... to me it's just a longer version of Rock and Roll (Could Never Hip Hop Like This):D
    People BUY THE CD! Anticipating the artwork in the super fan bundle.

5. lachina128

lachina128 Well-Known Member

so far i've heard half of the album (I'm still getting my special edition copy on 5/15!) but it's pretty good, it's nothing compared to HT or Meteora but we should try to keep an open mind on how we judge the album. Just give it a chance, listen to it again and again....things tend to grow on you. Besides, I think I'd be a little more disappointed if the album sounded like another HT or Meteora, it's been 4 years and it's time for something new, seeing as how some of us who may have been fans of the nu-metal genre, myself included, have developed a more diverse taste for music, maybe LP is trying to appeal to that :-/. But as for my opinion of MTM, the highlights of the album (for me anyways) are: Bleed it out, leave out all the rest, given up, WID, No more sorrow, and In between.

6. Casper15

Casper15 Member

I've downloaded the album, and I like it. It has a very nostalgic, melancholic feeling to it, even more then previous LP. I really would listen to it when I look back on a very nice holiday or something. Wake is a nice track, but instrumentals just dont fit in, neither did they in meteora or HT, so a normal track would have been better. Given up is just a nice, raw punk track, which takes some listening to get used to, but sounds good after all. Leave out all the rest is a very emotional, indeed soft ballad, just like Valentine's Day and Shadow of the Day, I like to see those 3 songs as a trilogy. Those 3 resemble each other quite a bit, but Valentine's Day is the poppiest song, soft. Soft in the sense of " not a lot of drums and heavy guitar", but the meaning behind it is quite heavy, and all the other songs have that too. Hands Held High is a real good rap-song, I would actually consider it as one of my favorite songs, because of the instrumental support and the harmonics are fantastic. It's nice to hear Mike sing on In between, but the song is not really special, it just stays the same. However, the melody catches on you after some time. In Pieces is somewhat deeper and darker than the "pop"-trilogy, but it doesn't deserve a 5/5 like kudos magazine said. Bleed it out really gets you pumped up, has a very steady, rhytmic beat to it and I like the flow of the chorus. No More Sorrow really seems to be a favourite of a lot of people, but it isn't to me.It just isn't as special as the ballad-trilogy. Little things give you away is the least emotional song of the album, and it doesn't live up to the hype. It has a nice underwater vibe to it, and it is a really fantastisc song, but you would expect more from the big hype around this song and the subject it is about. Overall, I find Minutes to Midnight a fantastisc album, this is really the definition/standard of the music I like. I always wanted Linkin Park to take their songs in a more emotional, melancholic way. People call it pop-rock or mainstream music, that is just bullshit to me. If you want to hear hard-rock, just go listen to some crazy noise with nothing to it. This is really how music should be.

7. Phat Andy

Phat Andy Member

I'm going through the album a third time and its really starting to grow on me. Keep listening to it!

8. cyanide02

cyanide02 New Member

Well to all those people saying 'dont download it! wait until the 15th' don't waste your money, this album is a pile of shit. Linkin Park are my favourite band and i am gutted that they have turned into this :sad:. i hope this album fails so they dont hurt my ears again. the best songs are given up, no more sorrow and what i've done. Leave out all the rest would be good if it wasnt for the fact that it sounds like a westlife song, i can picture it now, chester sat on a stool on the stage for the verse then stages up for the chorus for all the girls to scream and throw their underwear.

i've waited so long for this, got so excited , to find out my favourite band are dead. Rest in piece Linkin Park.

9. kmac1lp

kmac1lp Member

For the people not liking the album...what were you expecting another HT? We already have that. I mean, come on...the band is older and more mature and focused on a new sound. Its still the same band, and its easy to tell. I think some of you are just still in the immature stages of music and just want HT only. Some of you are stuck and can't grow up with the band.

I am more of a heavy uptempo type music person, but I honestly don't mind most of the slower songs. Its quality music. Its easy to listen to.

The guitar playing is way more advance. The guitar in HT was pretty simple and not that unique. How can you guys not like the new guitar playing?!?!?! Do any of you even try to listen to for music, instead of listing for just the lyrics and mike rapping...even the bass is better imo. And Hann is still envolved...I hear sound effects is almost every song...I guess some members are deaf, or they are just focused/used to listening to average, given, parts of music.

I swear some of you just want heavy simple riffs, sound effects, screaming and rapping...in other words (boring music)

I def will buy this album. Honestly, its not the best thing ever, but I am satified.

10. kmac1lp

kmac1lp Member

Sooo, if this solo is complete shit, then please, I don't want to know your take on the guitar playing on previous albums...do you just like heavy riffs?

And as for consistency...are you asking for consistency as in HT style where almost every hard song is similar? I am confused, I thought good albums have different songs where none sound similar...isn't that the case here?

As for The Little things...I agree, it was a bit hyped and soloing isn't breath taking but...its not trash, I have heard way worst.

Sorry youre so disapointed man...I think you will be losing out. At least you can still go to tours and hear good old stuff.

11. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

"Shadow of the Day" is what I expected "Little Things Give You Away" to be, the epic U2-style song that just ramps up as it progresses, launching into a tremendous solo by Brad.

If I had to rate them:
    1. Shadow of the Day
    2. Hands Held High
    3. No More Sorrow
    4. Leave Out All The Rest
    5. What I've Done
    6. Little Things Give You Away
    7. Given Up
    8. Bleed It Out
    9. In Pieces
    10. Wake (yes, I like the instrumental better)
    11. Valentine's Day
    12. In Between

12. r3nagade

r3nagade New Member

This album is just plain garbage.Not in comparison to HT or M its just garbage all on its own.Lyricly its just on a level all its own of garbage how did a high quality band like LP put this out for sale.

"Let it grow on you" WHY ? good music doesnt have to grow on you its just good if it has to grow on you then its of low quality.

I cant wait till they tour for like 3 months and they stop selling tickets maybe then they'll understand what they've done here.

13. NoMoreSorrow

NoMoreSorrow Member

I was going to download it, but couldn't find it... now I think I'll be strong and wait til the release.

14. John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I like it a little but what really hurts it that they waited so long just to release this album, this album is ok but after 4 years or whatever it was i was expecting a much much better album, so this album is a hugeeee let down

oh and the songs will get old fast, i just know it.

15. Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Wait a minute; downloading songs are weaker quality than buying the album itself? Why so?

And damnit I don't know whether or not I'm going to download them. I think I might wait until May 14/May 15 (depends if international counts for Canada) to get myself the whole album. Besides that, unlike the rest of you I'm a fairly new Linkin Park fan so I can wait.

16. John

John LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

dude the album isn't that good, ir will be better if u download the album now and get it over already, why wait 10 more days just to be disapointed?

17. Zenigame96

Zenigame96 Active Member

Well, I'm about 1 and a half times through the album, and I have to say, I'm really craving a couple more heavy songs, but I still really like the soft ones alot!

I love the way Wake sounds, dunno why, but I just do.

The main highlights of the album for me, are probably

Given Up
    Leave Out All The Rest
    Bleed It Out
    What I've Done
    No More Sorrow
    and In Pieces

I really love all the songs, although I don't think Mike's rapping is quite as good as it used to be, or as it is on Fort Minor. But yeah, that's my 2 cents.

Can't wait for my Super Fan Edition! :D

18. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Will, I'm on the theory that you find the album awful because you gave up on LP long ago. :lol:

I think The Litte Things Give You Away is a 10/10 song.

19. Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Because; I respect the band's work...

20. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Don't start telling people the album is crap or whatever because you think it is. Let people judge it for themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.