'Minutes To Midnight' Leaks

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spirit6666

spirit6666 New Member

After around 6 listenings, I finally got to enjoy most of the songs.
    But I still think there is a little to much soft songs.

Top 3 best song:
    1- No More Sorrow
    2- Given Up
    3- In Pieces

Top 3 worst song:
    1- In Between
    2- The Little Things Give You Away
    3- Wake

Overall, its a decent album. I would give it around 7.7/10. Meteora will keep his crown for the best LP album for now.

2. The Last Saxon

The Last Saxon Well-Known Member

C'mon man! i cant... listen to it! Oh god! is there a support group for this?

3. Metal_God

Metal_God Member

I really didn't expect this. The album is just incredible. If you're not expecting anything like HT, then you'll realize that this album is freakin' awesome. Hell, I think it's on par with HT.

4. My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

I'm just going to say the same thing concerning this album as with everything else i show interest in...

"Very nice. How much?"

5. lp_supastar

lp_supastar Member

okay, im refusing to listen to it until may 14th (in Oz) buuuut its really pissing me off hearing people degrade this album. I've heard the 30 sec clips and i think it is going to be awesome. Different yes, but awesome.
    Let me just make something clear. Why do so many people want another Meteora/Hybrid Theory. Yes they were good albums, but another one similar and Linkin Park would officially be dead. This is a revitalization of a wonderful band trying something new to become better. And I think it will work.They may lose a few fans wanting to hear the same old thing, but they will pick up a lot of new ones. To tell you the truth, i would have been gutted if another HT or Meteroa was released. It would have started to get boring and repetitive. Give them the chance to do something new.
    And as for their concerts, im sure they would incorporate songs from all their albums - it would be a MtM replay.
    And also for those worried about Mike and Joe's involvement on the album - they were on Video Hits this morning and said they were stoked with their work and Joe gave it a 10/10. So don't worry about that one either.

6. samedirection

samedirection Member

May I go as far as to say that it is, in fact, better than Hybrid Theory? I certainly don't like it as much as that album, but I think that, objectively, it's better music.

7. IgneousPrime

IgneousPrime Active Member

8. Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Awww :p

9. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

10. mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

:lol:

11. kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

I preordered it already so I downloaded it. It's just like it came 11 days early I guess. I like what I hear, In Pieces is my favorite and Bleed it Out is great as well. I hoped In Between would be good but it didn't make it up to my expectations.

12. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

In Pieces is like WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LP still has it, lets wait that this becomes a sucsses, they alrfeady got me for this new era...

oh yeah and The Little Things... is such a beautifull epic song i see some people hate it but i found it so incredible, it reminds me of Pearl Jam (one of the best bands ever) and its like amasing...

people hate the album but i find it so beautiful, i usually listen to heaier stuff but this has got me, i just wish this be a huge hit for the guys they deserve it...

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  13. Paperku7

Paperku7 Banned

i just received the cd from a friend who is also a big LP fan, i like it. a lot. and of course ill still buy the cd the day it comes out, what kind of person would NOT do that? :)

way to go LP, impressed me again!

overall, 4/5. i wish it was heavier, but its still good lp.

14. [LinkinPark213]

[LinkinPark213] Well-Known Member

So I am currently listening to it right now and I've decided this is a definate buy. Some of the slower tracks really haven't caught much of my attention but like other people said, I am going to have to listen to them a couple times. I am amazed by some of the diversity on this cd. I love it. Can't wait to pick up a full CD quality copy.

15. DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

I will because I love Orgy!

16. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

im kind of dissapointed with the quality of this leak, the volume is so low

this songs are the type of music youve got to hear full volume!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

The album was a disappointment to me. 2-3 okay songs, was really disappointed with how 'In Pieces' climaxed (though it had a nice solo), nothing special here.

18. Chip

Chip Well-Known Member

I guess I'm one of the few people who !!!LOVES!!! the album.
    I originally got drawn in by LP due to Chester's awesome vocals and Brad's nice yet simple guitar riffs. MTM definitely focuses on vocals which makes me love this album so much. To make things sweeter, Rob's drumming and Brad's guitar improved immensly.

I also think that you cant just compare this to HT. As HT was a totally different, and more simpler subject. It was definitely in the Rock (or Nu-Metal) category. While I would put this to Rock/Pop. You cant just compare two albums in different genres.

In Between is missing... something (worst track IMO)
    Love all the other songs, each and every one.

19. mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

they're actually better quality than I thought would be. 224kpbs is what I think they were...I only downloaded them to check if the one I downloaded was the real leak and what the bit rate was. I didn't listen to them though. can't wait for the radio listening party thing.

20. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

The volume was fine on my leak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.