What would you like to see in the next album?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by The_Cool_Cow, May 5, 2007.

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

Okay, I have not listened to Minutes to Midnight, but I have heard that some people are kind of dissapointed. So, what would you like changed in the next album?

Again, I havent listened to it, but based on what other people have said, heres what I think should be different:

- More Joe Hahn. Personally, the electronic sound was what made me like Linkin Park, its what kind of seperated them from every other band out there. So, definately get Joe Hahn in there more.

- Bring back Mike's rapping. I love Mike's rapping, again because it set them apart from every other band. Also, he really proved how well he can rap in Fort Minor.

Here are a couple of things that I want changed, that are not based on waht other people have said:

- Make a concept album next time. I love concept albums:)

- Make Rob Cavallo the producer. Rick Rubin's great, but I want Rob Cavallo to produce! This is mainly based on the fact that he produced The Black Parade, which I love, but he also produced American Idiot, which I liked a lot.

Importskyline22

Importskyline22 LPA VIP LPA VIP

ehh, for me is too early to say anything i want on the next album...i mean thats going to be like 4 years from now.

But basicly i agree with the changes you listed.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

next linkin park album will be out in 2010 i bet, so calm down lol

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

hopefully, they'll release all those extra songs they made like ever 2 and a half years, but like, whittled down versions so they're good. they can just say they're new, no one will ever know ;)

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'd like to see the next album in 2 years :)

And yeah, more from Mike on the vocals.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

More mike on the vocals.
    3 more heavier tracks.
    A bit more complicated lyrics.

And thats about it..

Ever Ending Story

Ever Ending Story Member

I would like to see a few more heavier songs on it, though still keep it the same pretty much like this one. Their should be more experimentation on it, and if they were to go off and do it along the lines of one certain style(like most bands, and like their old albums, which were nu-metal, rather than doing a mix of different styles like minutes to midnight did), then they should do more songs like In Pieces.

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

more joe. more mike raps. more hip-hop. that's one of the things that made lp. i like the new sound too, and i'm not asking for them to go back to nu-metal full swing, but it'd be nice to hear some more hip-hop elements.

EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

Take No More Sorrow, Hands Held High, Little Things Give You Away, Shadow of the Day, and Leave Out All The Rest...

Put in a blender.

Spit out 12-14 times at varying lengths. :thumbsup:

abajaj2280

abajaj2280 Well-Known Member

i liked their instrumentals a lot

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

I wrote this in another thread, but here it is again.

-Mike should produce the album by himself, no one knows Linkin Park's sound better than him IMO. Rick Rubin is amazing, but he made Linkin Park way too poppy.

-More Joe Hahn, and more electronica.

-More Mike rapping (the 2 songs he does doesnt justify his skills, especially after Fort Minor)

-Try not to be so epic on lyrics, I.E Hybrid Theory.

-Darker, rawer, more melodic songs. The slow tracks could have sounded much darker and harder than the poppy sound they have on MtM.

-I would like them make albums quicker, they take wayy too much time between albums. The longer it takes for an album to come out doesn't mean it'll be better. Minutes to Midnight is the perfect example.

A concept album would be an awesome way for Linkin Park to go, I hope they try it out.

Nick595

Nick595 Well-Known Member

I would like to see some more agressive songs on the next album.
    I love the slow songs, but some faster stuff would be great to hear.

Second of all, I would like to have some of the electronic music Mr Hahn made back, combined with the smooth rapping of Mike.

But I would also like a few (!) ballads on the next album. I like Chester's voice in the slower songs.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

dudes and chicks the minutes to midnight album hasn't even come out yet lol.

DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

Whatever is going on in LP's lives when they are writing their next album will definitely impact how it will sound. I definitely like this new mature sound of LP. I would like to see a little more rapping with Mike. Maybe some heavier songs, but not ones that sound forced where Chester is screaming at the top of his lungs. Maybe along the lines of Papercut.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'd have Bob Ezrin produce it and the rest will take care of itself.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

way to early for thinking about next album but sould be heavier if anything...that would be all...but leave those some of those ballads in tere

Klootzak

Klootzak Well-Known Member

More electronica, less U2, more rap, more speed, and more melody.

This means Trent Reznor should produce the album.^_^

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Trent from NIN is a complete control freak trying to produce every sound effects for the songs. >_<

But yeah I like concept albums. Minutes To Midnight is slightly lacking in concept compare to Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Hybrid Theory was the beginning of the whole hard rock and hip hop fusion along with the prominent soldier on the cover while Meteora had a new theme to it using isometric blocks as if it was the actual "Meteora" in Greek as a substitute. I think Meteora's concept was pretty inspiring especially when you look at the kickass art.

Klootzak

Klootzak Well-Known Member

He is?! :blink:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

As far as I know NIN is Trent Reznor and he does absolutely everything. The other band members simply replicate the sound live. Correct me if I'm wrong NIN fanatics.