Cursing on the next album

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Cuidado314, Feb 15, 2007.

Evolution888

Evolution888 Member

To all those of you have listened to "Given Up" there is cursing in it ... and for those who haven't ... well now you know :p

Personally, i don't really care if they swear or not but they've been cussing at live shows in comments and in one or two songs in the past.
    I think in this day and age its not uncommon to hear swear words anymore because it's become so much of our culture... parents and their banning of the words, no matter how hard they try .... the child would most likely hear it at school or somewhere else anyways.. so why bother ? ~

Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

As long as it isn't Limp Bizkit, I am fine with it.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

i remember in an interview a couple of years back with rob on the subject of swearing in songs.he said something alng the lines of not swearing because it feels like a cop out.it never really bothered me at all and never will whether they swear or not.i feel though like them cussing is like the brake away from the commercialness they've become acustomed to and have realized and need to break free of it.i really think this album will have its 'ready made singles' and the rest will sound a little differnt.not to different but enough to put thereminds at easy that they have done enough to not be put in the same category as pop bands like nickelback and hinder.

JayPDee

JayPDee Member

(Hey I'm new here ;) )Yeah I agree with that ... i mean WID didn't have any swearing... but I think it's ok because u can see and hear them swearing everytime when they play concerts;) :p too... And Maybe they did not have the words to express themselves this time so they used that ...

Trevor

Trevor Member

personally I want to hear Chester say "fuck" or anything else because it's kinda different to hear in a studio song. Plus I've seen them 6 times and I know they cuss live. Like on Frat Party at the pankake festival he said fuck you or something like that at the end of A place for my head but they bleeped it out! on a dvd

marijaLPnarkos

marijaLPnarkos Well-Known Member

They SO can make it without swearing, which they proved. So far, they've become recognizable for radiating powerfulness and strong emotions without "fuck" and stuff. "Fuck" is just too much, I feel that while typing it. It just sucks out the fullness of the rest of the lyrics. Some words should be kept inside and curse words are definitely some of those.

imwhoim01

imwhoim01 Active Member

I totally agree with that! One of the reasons I like LP so much is that they've said so much in their song without foul language, and I think that's a skill not all bands can acquire.
    I still think that "Given Up" is gonna be a great song despite some cursing in it... good thing they kept it to a minimum :sleep:

Good Night Witness Light

Good Night Witness Light Member

Exactly.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

The amount of swearing on the album is fine and realistic and I'm satisfied with it. I just wouldn't be happy if they cussed like Fred in a Limp Bizkit record, but they didn't pass the line. Because swearing too much makes you seem un-intelligent, but everyone uses it sparingly.

I think they just cursed on the new record to show that they can...lol Hey we can write a country ballad, we can write a death metal song, hell we can even cuss a few times if we want to, it's all in the perfect mix...haha They want to show how they have no limits on this record.