Spider-man 3

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Seinfeld, May 3, 2007.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm a big Spiderman fan, and I was kinda disappointed.

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Come to think of it, he looks exactly like the guy from that 'How To Be Emo' video.

[Eyefire]

[Eyefire] Active Member

Hahaha...

I saw it on opening night at 10:30. That movie was really long. We didn't get out of the theater until around 1:30. I really enjoyed it a lot. As a huge Spidey fan, I will have to say that Venom as not as big, tough, scary, or evil as he should have been. He seemed more like Carnage minus the psycho-ness, red, and weapon creating ability. Venom had more of a screech than a roar...

That was the only disappointing aspect of the movie and even that wasn't all that bad. Venom was still badass and I personally believe Topher did an amazing job as Eddie, even though HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN BIGGER!

Oh well, what can you do...?

Venom=Fave Character

The whole Harry/Peter team up thing was riveting, also...:D

I give this movie a deserving 5/5!

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The last link you provided scared the living shit out of me Dragon Ninja. I had my speakers cranked up way over halfway point. LOL.

LD50

LD50 Well-Known Member

Spider-Man 3 is another tragic example of what can happen when a movie goes horribly wrong in all aspects of film making.

dragon ninja

dragon ninja Well-Known Member

Yeah, it can break nearly every film record known to man and make a bajillion dollars worth in revenue... maybe more people should "go horribly wrong with all aspects of film" lol

I don't know why people dwell so much on the little flaws. I still loved it for what it was. Maybe that's cause I'm a Spider-man nut. However, that's not to say there weren't parts that didn't bother me, but still. It's really not terrible like people make it sound, at least that's my argument.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
    Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I just re-watched the final battle scene on my computer. It's actually quite hilarious after multiple viewings. The damn fight reminds me so much of a cartoon XD. I'm a spidey-geek also, but it was too campy for my taste this time around.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

Oh my god...I watched it again....:lol:...it gets better the second time ^_^

for some reason...emoparker was extremely cool...well...aside from the 'rocking out'...but I mean...when he was being all...'bully' towards harry...that was badass!

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I liked it. It was my favourite personally. A lot going on, yes, but I think it was put together well.

Radox Redux

Radox Redux Member

Saw it myself. Venom was always my favourite Spiderman char, so I was a bit dissapointed with how he was introduced into it. They speak about how he is a symbiote, but other than that, they give next to nothing on him or Eddie Brock. IMO opinion, this movie should have left out the whole Goblin sub-plot. As much as they have been building towards it in the first two, it just seemed too seperate from the rest of the movies plot, though I find it ironic, that it's evil-peter that eventually makes Harry realise his own mistakes. The movie has a lot of things to stuff into it, and it manages to pull it off. Just. And thankfully the character development that made the first two movies 'work', whilst not as prominent, is still thankfully there, and didn't relenquish itself to Hollywood-style action, like it did in X-Men 3. The action scenes are by far, the best in best in the trilogy. The only real complaints I have are the lack of background plot concerning Venom, and the fact that, although, Mary-Jane plays quite a nice life-contrast to Peter when he turns evil, she is ultimatly reduced to another damsel in-distress by the end of the movie, and I was hoping on more from her at the end of the trilogy, though maybe more will follow with other Spidey movies. Oh... and Bruce Campbell's cameo was hilarious.

The Almighty Radox Rating: 5/7

For the sake of comparison I would give Spiderman 1 & 2, 4/7 and 6/7 respectively.

Last edited: May 13, 2007
    djrmc24

djrmc24 New Member

I thought it was more of a chick flick then anything. The action looked to cartoony and I was disappointed big time. I can't wait till pirates of the carribean 3 comes out and hopefully that won't be as bad as spider man 3

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

Too much crying, IMO.

pushedaway

pushedaway Well-Known Member

I'm going to watch it tomorrow nite! :D

Hoping and believing this is the best movie I'm ever gonna watch. :)