Rock Sound Reviews Minutes To Midnight

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Another positive review of Minutes To Midnight has been published in the latest issue of Rock Sound Magazine. The article reads:

"Forget everything you know about Linkin Park; 'Minutes To Midnight' will comfortably, and irreversibly, shatter all your preconceived notions of what the 12-legged rap/rock hybrid juggernaut are capable of achieving. Gone are the clinical, nu-metal stylings that defined 'Hybrid Theory' and 'Meteora', in their place a tangible sense of growth and maturity. They've even found time to make it sound like they're having a blast at the same time. The links to the past are there - 'Bleed It Out' and 'What I've Done' are more relaxed takes on the Linkin Park of yore, but whilst they're worth their weight in platinum sales, they're far from the most exciting tracks on offer. 'Given Up' grooves like a [expletive] and 'No More Sorrow' is possibly the heaviest track the band have ever recorded, with its Metallica-strength paean to vengeance and retribution. But between the fragile tenderness of 'In Between' and 'Leave Out All The Rest', the emo-tastic 'Valentine's Day' ("My insides all turn to ash..."), the expansive, multi-tiered vistas of 'Shadow Of The Day' and the jarring 'Hands Held High', the six-piece have expanded their lyrical and musical horizons and have never sounded more relevant. Linkin Park have finally grown up. Have you? 8/10"

Thanks to Dean for the trancription! If anyone could submit a scan of the review, we would most appreciate it.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Five minutes of straining my neck has paid off. :p Thanks Mark.

Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

nice, but they don't even mention (in my opinion) the 2 best tracks on the album : In Pieces and The Little Things Give You Away

pugofdoom

pugofdoom Well-Known Member

Well, ANOTHER, Positive review, yet everyone here seems to resent it. I love it.

MrT

MrT Member

Good review ...Cant wait to hear Bleed it out !!!

btw did anyone rip lp on fuse ?

Coolmax

Coolmax Member

To be honest, I don't really care about reviews and what critics have to say about the album. Some say it's good and some of them say it's crap. It's the fans opinion what really matters, so critics can go to the fuckin' hell.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

id say Good Review

Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

'Given Up' grooves like a motherfucker
    :lol:

murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

Yeep!

Great Review... But like my friend sad they forgot to coment about the 2 best tracks in the CD! In Pieces and The Little Things Give You Away ( In my opinion of course)

But anyways, just asking, you guys will be recording Linkin Park at the Saturday Night Live?!

Thanks, great work on the site!

ps - sorry for the bad english

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

No In Pieces.. the review is great.. but how can you for get "In Pieces" it's the best damn song on the album.

LPUSilentShock

LPUSilentShock Active Member

The review made me pull an AOL...

"Oh S#!t" xD

BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

I laughed out loud reading this review. Not that it was a bad review, it's just the language used was hilarious.

Good review.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

It's because a lot of the "hardcore" LP fans don't like the fact that they changed their sound, and just wanted an album full of powerchords, screaming, and rapping.

Review is short, sweet, and to the point, and I totally agree with it.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

I disagree on the part where it said that No More Sorrow was the hardest song LP has ever recorded. It didn't feel that hard to me. What about QWERTY? But anyway, I love the great reviews, it's so exciting! Can't wait 'til Tuesday!!

-EDIT- Saturday Night Live will be recording on my DVR on my TV. But idk if there is a way to rip that onto my computer?

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Qwerty never qualified to be heavy metal; nor did it make it to the album.

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

do you have a tuner card installed on your pc? if not, you need one. they're like $70-$120. I don't have one, sadly. in fact, just yesterday I was looking around on the subject of recording tv to your pc. here's a great cnet article on it.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

I dont have one on this comp, b'cuz its too slow anyway, but my brother said he has one on his laptop, but idk if he will help me out with it/let me use his comp on saturday. lol. but ill see.

Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Ahh yes linkin park slapped me on the face with this album. It truly is something new. Too bad the other kiddies as someone referred to "hardcore LP fans" don't like the new album... but I knew that was going to come with the new change. lol.

I am a happy fan again ^_^.

FiGzZ

FiGzZ Banned

I know, especially like (my fav) "in peices" with it's melting face guitar solo on it!! Can't wait for May 15!!!! :D :D

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

how many times can you use a thesaurus in a review without making it obvious lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.