Got News?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yeah, that's about right.

2. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

The West Australian newspaper has an article/interview with Rob Bourdon. Posted on May 11th, 2007.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=25&ContentID=28377

Regarding the additional of socio-political topics and the change in sound on the album:
    “I think the most important thing for a writer is to make something you feel good about that’s honest,” Bourdon concludes. “We were really making music we were personally excited about and was coming from us, without trying to mould a song into what it should sound like. I don’t think there really is any right or wrong as far as making the kind of music we make. We just have to do what makes us feel fulfilled as songwriters.”

3. JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

the album is number one in asda (walmart) in the uk :) yey!!

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm not sure how they're figuring this out, cause album sales figures shouldn't be out till next week. The album JUST came out today in some countries. :blink:

5. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

They've probably just taken a guess at where it will be.

6. JJ

i was thinking that too. in virgin megastores (UK) it was selling really well too. the guys behind the counter was like 'this is going to sell well'

7. Fox

Fox Love & Trolls LPA Super Member

Mmmm.. sweet..
    well, I'll tell you this: everybody is going crazy in Florida...
    Everybody has pre-ordered the record in Target.com and if you ask me, we are insane here waiting for the tickets to come out for Tampa's concert..
    Everybody is just excited and happy that LP is back..

8. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

The album is expected to hit number 1 either next week or the week after. It's also expected to stay there for a while. :)

In other news, What I've Done is fluctuating in the UK singles chart. Since release it has maintained 39th, 21st, 18th, 13th and now it is at it's highest at Number 6.

Source: Official UK Singles Chart

It has also reached number one on the official UK Rock Chart:

Official UK Rock Chart

9. JJ

cool - i bought my two different copies of the single today as well as the album

10. EagleMorph

A bunch of reviews came out today, with just a day to go until the US release:

The New York Times calls them emo and offers up a mixed review, knocking "Hands Held High" but adding this: "By contrast, “In Between” is a pleasant surprise: Mr. Shinoda does a more-than-passable impression of a lovelorn emo singer. And “Shadow of the Day” is a handsome, radio-friendly ballad that keeps threatening to morph into U2’s “With or Without You.” Two eras may be over, but this band seems nostalgic for only one of them."
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/14/arts/music/14choi.html?ref=music

The Daily Titan warns fans that the band is hardly recognizable, but says: "The albums success is in the hands of producer Rick Rubin and his ability to dish out a quality product. The rapping might be gone, but Bennington alone is worth the price of admission."
    http://media.www.dailytitan.com/med...4/TheBuzz/Cd.Review.Linkin.Park-2902951.shtml

Entertainment Weekly grades the album a "C", saying:
    "Now, guess what the best cuts are. Yep: the two where Shinoda gets his spoken word on — namely ''Bleed It Out,'' the most viscerally exciting thing the band has ever done; here, his rant provokes them into picking up the pace, not slackening it. We're no Rick Rubin, but some advice: Next time, guys, embrace your outmoded identity, throw cred or caution to the wind, and let your rap-rock freak flag fly."
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20038383,00.html

11. DHopper

DHopper Well-Known Member

I just bought the album today in the U.S. A small, local store always sells new releases early.

I just wanted to know, would the LPA like some fresh scans if they don't already have them? Please, a LPA staff member answer me one way or another. I have the capabilities.

12. LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

In addition to Joe Hahn's signing tonight for the limited edition Ningyo toys, Linkin Park will be doing a surpise in-store signing at SURU in Los Angeles, CA today! Fans will have the opportunity to purchase the album at SURU when the album is released and have it signed by the band.

WHAT: Linkin Park Minutes to Midnight In-Store Signing.

WHERE: SURU - Melrose, 7662 Melrose Ave., Los Angeles, CA. 90046

WHEN: Monday, May 14th, 7:00pm (Joe Hahn Ningyo signing)/8:00pm (Minutes to Midnight signing)

MEETING LOCATION/PARKING: Fairfax High School (corner of Fairfax and Melrose). Please note there are limited parking spots at Fairfax High School and at the request of the high school, please DO NOT arrive before 6:00pm.

Before attending the signing, please be aware of all the Los Angles curfew laws. Curfew laws restrict minors under the age of eighteen (18) to be outdoors or in public places ( streets, highways, roads, curb area, alleys, parks, any public grounds, place of amusement or eating places, vacant lots or unsupervised places) between the hours of 10pm and sunrise of the immediate following day. However, if you are a under the age of 18 and plan on being out after 10pm the day of the singing, the curfew law is exempt if the you are accompanied by your parent(s), legal guardian, or by your spouse (18 years of age or older).

Source: Linkin Park's MySpace

13. EagleMorph

BandMerch is on the ball.

I live in the US (Pennsylvania, to be exact) and my Special Edition order of Minutes to Midnight just plopped onto my doorstep.

I got the CD, DVD, and a T-Shirt but did not get the bonus songs. So no idea what those sound like just yet.

14. LPUSilentShock

LPUSilentShock Active Member

Don't know if this is front page news worth, but maybe something to throw up... atleast to anyone with in a couple hour drive of Springfield, illinois...

[​IMG]

I guess they are making up for not playing the Listening party a while back..
    They are giving away copied of the CD all day and even some LP libraries... one of the DJs said they had some LP stuff in the libraries from before they were known s LP... (Sorry if my writings bad, gotta go to work)

15. lauraSlinkin

lauraSlinkin Active Member

sorry havent had a chance to read through and see if this has been posted, but LP are taking over kerrang every night this week on the radio, 7pm on wards :) not live i asume!

16. JJ

Sweet i cant wait :)

17. shockwave

shockwave Well-Known Member

18. Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

19. DHopper

DHopper Well-Known Member

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2007/05/14/4179458-ap.html

20. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Does anyone know how many MTM records lp has sold fot the moment?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.