No Roads Left

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, May 15, 2007.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

this is what I believe the sound of there next album will be. This singing is amazing. It's just mike singing, so maybe on the next record we will see more of these singing tracks. My guess is that the # of tracks was reduced due to the theme of the album, but this song carries an energy that I believe will sound better with other songs. If LP makes a daring feat every album, watch out Led Zeppelin, you may just be forgotten.

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

yeah the song is absolutely amazing. i can't stop listening to it.

abajaj2280

abajaj2280 Well-Known Member

ill listen to it in a bit. im listening to SNS right now...

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

heard it on imeem.com. I don't think its that good. In Between (I think) is a better performance from mike. I have a problem with the guitar in the background, that starts at the beginning of the song.

Enjoiske

Enjoiske Well-Known Member

I think this song is really dull besides the choruses. It feels really incomplete to me. I like when it builds though... it just feels sort of empty at every other point.

CureForTheSession

CureForTheSession Well-Known Member

I do love this song. But I can kinda see why they left it off. The album was already all over the place, which is fine by me, but it often causes reviewers to give an album a lower score. Adding another totally different song to the album would just make it even more all over the place.

That said....it is ammmmmazing. I kinda wish there was a little more complexity to the guitar in the verses....but I can live with that, cuz the rest of the song is AMAZING. Gah, I can't wait till my package finally arives, cuz it didn't come today =[

BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

I heard it. Love the lyrics and Mike's singing, but the guitar is really annoying to me after a while. It turns me off to the rest of the song. I do love the drumming in it though.

Vera

Vera New Member

what song are u guys talking about?? whats the bonus song???????

ProEdge

ProEdge Well-Known Member

WTF??!! That is Mike singing!!? I heard them say on the radio that he sang the whole thing but I thought they were joking. Amazing

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I finally heard this song on youtube and I must say I am very impressed by Mike's voice. The man can sing! He isn't as good as Chester as Chester > Mike Shinoda, but the man has a very nice singing voice. I guess he has learned to develop a very high vocal range from doing backing vocals and harmonies on MTM.

This should have taken the place of In Between, which to me is the worst LP song they have ever done.

This song is full of energy and shows more emotion in Mike's voice than In Between.

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Awefull? His voice is doing one of the things I thought only Chester voice could do: Adding that whole emptyness to the song. Like in My December.

I love both songs but I gotta admit No Roads Left is much better.

And I think if they replaced this song with... Let me see... Hands Held High then they would've balanced the album pretty much better.

Last edited: May 16, 2007
    CHW42

CHW42 Well-Known Member

The rhythm guitar is awesome in this and What I've Done. Especially in the end of No Roads Left that was great.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

After hearing it many times over, I'm actualy annoyed that this didn't make it on to the album. It's a fucking amazing song and far better than Mike's other track In Between.

fallsogracefully

fallsogracefully Member

I absolutely love this song.
    Ever since I saw on the D'Fused special (which I think is also the thing on the DVD) Mike singing part of this song, I was in love with it.

I've been playing around with it and find that it fits perfectly right in between In Pieces and Little Things

What I find most ironic is the fact that so many people hate this album because of the change in sound while so many other people now rank this song in their list of top LP songs when this song sounds absolutely nothing like HT or Meteora and, really, I think, sounds not much like other songs on MtM (we just don't notice the difference as much because there are so many different types of songs on the album)

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

they probably will in like a few years at a concert

Mike: Yeah this is a song we wrote..during MtM was being Written...this song is called No Roads Left

of course thats after a year or so practicing it so he CAN sing it live :lol:

fallsogracefully

fallsogracefully Member

Why wouldn't he be able to sing it live?
    On the Making of Minutes to Midnight, there was a scene where he's singing the song in a booth while they're live-tracking the song and it sounded perfect.

And at the same time, almost all the background vocals he does during their live performances sound totally fine.

I think this song will become a fan favorite at concerts seeing as it has already become one online.

And we know the guys read both their own boards and these.

Enjoiske

Enjoiske Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I like this song a lot, but it feels very incomplete to me. The drums could be a lot catchier, and more prominent, and they could come in a little earlier on. Mike's singing is great though, and when the song finally reaches it's climax it feels like the "big sound" LP is known for. Definitely feeling the rhythm guitar in this one.

In between isn't bad, i don't think this should have replaced it, but i do think both should have been on the album, if they messed around with this one a little more. To me it sounds like a good demo.

Mystic.mgfx

Mystic.mgfx Member

Mike was awesome. This song should replace in between. At first I thought Chester was singing but then I realised that it was kike all along. He is so good at songing and writing lyrics!

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Wow. Just heard it on youtube. Bravo @ Mike's vocals. WOW.

EndlessHysteriaX51

EndlessHysteriaX51 Member

this song is really good but its still missing something. i dont think it would fit on the album very well, it just dosnt give me the same vibe the other songs do. kinda like high voltage on hybrid theory, its really good, but doesnt go with the rest of the album