Rolling Stone Reviews Minutes To Midnight

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Rolling Stone has posted a very favourable review of Minutes To Midnight, giving it 4 out of 5 stars. Read it here.

Thanks to Hellflame 2K7!

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

good review - looks like they really liked it :)

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Yup that's a pretty positive review. C'mon it's LP :p

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

This and the Rock Sound review are the only ones I agree with, and incidentally they're probably the only ones I've read that don't look like my 4-year-old cousin could have written them. :p

phenomenon99

phenomenon99 Member

A Step in the right direction.

I must say that I was a little nervous at first when I heard that this album was to be a step in a new direction. For most bands this change (which inevitably comes for all bands at some stage) is extremely gruelling. Linkin Park was thrust into stardom through what many believed was the rap-rock/ numetal movement.

But one thing Im sure all fans agreed and even many critics was that Linkin Park had the potential to do so much more. The very core, identity if you will of their music was its ability to motivate, to lift spirits. It never had the blind fake happiness presented in most pop-punk, nor the depression of emo and goth and neither the anger and contempt presented by both other numetal bands of the time.

Rather Linkin Park's simple yet inspired lyrics have had a profound impact, and Minutes To Midnight is not any different to previous efforts. Sure, the numetal label is gone, but is that really all they were? No. This is a refinement. And I have no doubt that Linkin Park will continue to brighten all our lives for many years to come as they reach U2 status and beyond. They can do it, because they want it. So I hope the sun never sets for you Linkin Park.

Great work.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

God damn you, I was the one who posted that review. :lol:

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

what really pisses me of is that all the bad reviews that they are getin' are because the reviewer wanted more Nu Metal stuff with Mike rapping...

and the worst thing is, that they all say at the end of every review that its a decent album, just that is bad only because its LP

the entretaintmen weekly review was really superficial they gave them a C, and instead or reviewing the album track by track they just went over and rant about how this doesnt have hip hop anymore...

what people want HT part III????

Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

*nods* That is what most people are bitching about 'I wanted another Hybrid Theory'.. Well tough, you got Minutes to Midnight :p

palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

finally a publication i respect puts my thoughts into perspective. i wish it was another paragraph though.

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

Well. They are clearly over rating Linkin Park as reviewers, and not fans. I agree with the Minutes to Midnight review. But they gave BOTH Meteora and Hybrid Theory 4.5 stars. Hybrid Theory is worth 5 in my opinion but Meteora is only worth three. And Minutes to Midnight is worth 4 like they gave it.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

THIS IS THE GREATEST ALBUM I HAVE EVER HEARD. NUFF SAID.

Last edited: May 15, 2007
    FiGzZ

FiGzZ Banned

I would still say screw the HT 3 this is the best LP cd and i totally agreed w/ the RS review!!

Version One

Version One Well-Known Member

actually, those are the user ratings. though the links to past reviews show no stars, apparently wiki (credible or not) has rs rating ht as 2.5 and meteora as 3, so mtm would be rs's highest rating for lp.

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

Ah okay that explains it. I thought that reviewers were going to like these more than the others so I found it pretty strange that they gave HT and Meteora more.

EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

While the individual album pages don't have these ratings, you can see how Rolling Stone graded the albums on this page here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/linkinpark/reviews

Rolling Stone has long been a critic of Linkin Park for not taking risks. They've always said that the band was talented and great performers, but lacked the creative edge to truly distinguish themselves from other niche rockers.

For RS to give Minutes to Midnight an enthusiastic four stars is tremendous for the band.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I seriously thought RS was going to rip this album to shreds. I guess I was proven wrong. :lol:

zzfaugc

zzfaugc Well-Known Member

No, they didn't. Rolling Stone gave Hybrid Theory 2.5 stars and Meteora 3 stars.
    From what I could tell, the reviewer had nothing but contempt for Hybrid Theory.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Wow, a decent review for a change! Nice.

:cloud:

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

A nice review wow fanally

let the guys breath a little after all of this bashing

their career seemed over after the truly horrible response form everyone

i doubt this sells more than a or 2 millions

JohnnyBoy

JohnnyBoy Active Member

actually i think you're wrong on that. it's supposed to sell nearly 600,000 copies its first week, which is far more than any CD this year, and is especially good considering how much album sales have gone down. it's number 1 on amazon sales ranking and itunes, not to mention how high up on the charts WID went.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.