Have you adapted to your natural habitat yet?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lparks41, May 17, 2007.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

Hey,

Gosh Mike was right about the song sequence and I found it way better listening to it on the cd, even though I listened to the leak 2 weeks ago...

When I first heard the album on the leak a lot of the songs didn't sink in at first and I only really liked about one true half of the album at first I'd say, but something happend and now I really love all the songs, I don't know how to explain it. Every song except Valentines Day, that song is still like WTF? even now... lol

But anyways I think it's really soaked in and my opinion of the album has only gone up since I first heard it and I love all the tracks a lot more now. Is that the same with you?

I mean like when I first heard "Leave out all the rest" I was damn this song blows, but I actually love the track now. I don't know what happed, but they got me hooked! lol Anyone else feel like this? This album takes a minute or two to soak in, but it really is great.

Last edited: May 17, 2007
    Importskyline22

Importskyline22 LPA VIP LPA VIP

Yea i hear ya. My very first listen i was kinda bummed cause i was like "what? nothing to really rock out to?" Then the second listen i was like...ya know what? This is a wonderful cd.

When i mention the new album to people they always ask "is it good" and my responce is always.

"You have to approach this album differnt, its not the old linkin park, There are alot of ballads..but they are damn good ballads."

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

I never had a "aww no heavy tracks" phase. for me, it started out with "well shit, will this be a good album or not? all this talk of a completely different style....I'm really worried". but now, I think if LP ever made another rap/rock album, I'd be disappointed in it. unless it was really great, I probably wouldn't buy it. I love their new sound and I don't think it sounds poppy at all. well, maybe just a little, but not to the point where I'm like ehhh stupid kidz bop stuff.

fallsogracefully

fallsogracefully Member

A piece of advice thats a kind of a big "duh." but, still, no one does it.
    It's something that I didn't really think about until I listened to this album a few times through.

Approach any new album by any artist as a debut.
    It's a brand new start.

Minutes would have been a fantastic debut album.
    When no one knows what to expect, they can't expect anything.

Everyone always looks back to the music their favorite bands recorded however many years ago when they listen to the new album and freaks out when it's different (Green Day, anyone?)

But it's unfair to the band to want them to keep the same style and just churn out records that all sound alike, and it's unfair to the fans to not put your whole heart into a record.
    Everyone involved, both those recording and those simply listening, need to grow and evolve before recording or listening.

So, back on the rails, I felt the same way when I first listened to MtM, I liked it, but I was just like "This doesn't totally feel right."
    Then I sat back, realized that it would be a fantastic debut, and decided that every piece of new music should always be approached with an open mind, never expecting anything.

Because, with no expectations, you can never be dissapointed.

Fatal

Fatal Well-Known Member

The only song I am not too fond of on this album is Shadow of the Day. Other than that, everything else is amazing.

You MUST listen to this CD in order or you will not feel the same vibe as you would if you listened to it the way you wanted.

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

did green day change their sound? because I always hated them and thought they were annoying. Working Class Hero is actually a pretty good track, and I like the lead singers voice more in it. if that's their new sound, then I can say that I don't hate them anymore.

fallsogracefully

fallsogracefully Member

I'm talking about their change between Warning and American Idiot. They got, sort of, a more mainstream sound.

Working Class Hero is actually a John Lennon cover, just fyi, so I wouldn't really consider it a style change (they are also really getting into helping out U2-style, and Lennon's music sort of lends to that)

KrwlngGirlLP

KrwlngGirlLP Active Member

Whats wrong with that song?
    my bro absolutely loved that song and impressed of how chester sings.

blueeye

blueeye Well-Known Member

Same as me at first, but when i`ve really started to pay attention to the meaning of the lyrics, i changed my mind and now i love it.