Project Revolution Questions

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by esaul17, May 13, 2007.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I've never really looked into PR before since they usually don't come to Canada, but this year they are in Toronto so I am quite pleased. But, I have a couple questions.

1. What price to tickets usually go for, and are they general admission or seated? If a variety what are the prices usually for each (please specify if this is in US or Canadian dollars)

2. How long is Linkin Park's set, and are the other bands given shorter sets?

3. How long does the entire thing usually last?

4. Are both stages in use simultaneously? (Like, when the main stage is in use, is anyone playing at the other stage)

Thanks a lot guys!

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

All I know is that my friend said tickets are 35-75. I'm assuming 75 is for pit tickets whereas the lower costs are for seats in the back or something.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

1. Tickets for the Blossom (Cleveland) show range from $24.95 to $70, that's all I know.

2. LP's set has grown in length over the years, on PR04 they were up to almost 90 minutes. Generally, the opening band will have the shortest set, and each band afterward will have a longer one. I think Korn's set was almost as long as LP's on PR04.

3. Expect gates to open around noon, maybe 1 PM, and for LP's set to finish up at about 11 to 11:30 at night. The first band to play (opening act on the 2nd stage, in this case Madina Lake) will probably be on maybe half an hour after the gates open.

4. Yes, at least for part of the day. The 2nd stage starts a while before the main stage does, and the main stage finishes up long after the 2nd stage is already done. I remember in '04, I got to see No Warning's full set on the 2nd stage before Less Than Jake even started, and the last 2nd stage act (Ghostface) finished up about midway through Snoop Dogg's main stage act. So expect to be able to see the first 2nd stage band with no problem, and the last 2 main stage bands. The only big conflict I had in '04 was running back and forth between The Used and Funeral for a Friend, haha.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Has the order of the acts been released yet?

Astat

Well, every press release has had the bands in this order:

Main stage:
    Linkin Park
    My Chemical Romance
    Taking Back Sunday
    HIM
    Placebo
    Julien-K

Revolution stage:
    Mindless Self Indulgence
    Saosin
    The Bled
    Styles of Beyond
    Madina Lake

LP is obviously headlining, and MSI has said they're headlining the 2nd stage, so you can expect Madina Lake to play first, followed by SOB, etc., and Julien-K to open the main stage.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Cool.

Do you think it would be possible to see Madina Lake, Placebo, Saosin, MCR, and Linkin Park, or would their timeslots likely conflict?

Oh, and tasta, did you give the price in Canadian or American dollars?

LPgator

LPgator Well-Known Member

is this going to be general admission?

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

With varying prices of tickets, I would doubt it.

LPgator

LPgator Well-Known Member

alright thanks, only information i could find was a picture of the ampitheatre its playing at in Tampa, and it had different numbered sections so i was hoping it would not be general admission. I didnt want to have to get there early to get a spot close to the stage and stay there all day to ensure a great seat for LP.

Another question: for those who have been in tampa before, on the layout of the arena they only have one stage on there, where will the second be at?

Astat

That's American dollars. And as far as General Admission goes, most amphitheaters will consider "general admission" the lawn area, which would be the cheapest tickets. Those are the farthest away from the stage however, so no need to worry about that. Most places will have a pit area cleared out, and obviously with that area it isn't organized into rows, but there should also be seats going all the way up to the stage on either side as well.

LPLifeFan

LPLifeFan Well-Known Member

I have a few questions myself.

1. When's the best time to go to the merch booth?

2. Does the main show play right after the first show?

3. If doors open at noon, what's the best time to get there?

Anyone?

Last edited: May 20, 2007
    nicolehayley

nicolehayley New Member

I have a question:
    What are the chances of actually meeting the bands?

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

You probably have a better chance of winning the lottery, getting struck by lighting and being abducted by aliens all on the same night.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I'm sure a couple of the second stage bands will be doing signings. You probably won't meet the main stage bands though, Unless you get EXTREMELY lucky.

Urantia Girl

Urantia Girl Well-Known Member

Well the main stage bands sometimes do signings at a booth but the openers actually go out there and hang with fans. Whatever though I got hookups and backstage crap so I'm good.

bump ftw

taddpole03@aol.com

[email protected] New Member

i have heard that HIM has sign autograph at the revolution. does anyone know if they do it at every show at around what time