After an honest listen...thoughts?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Pinkin Lark, May 4, 2007.

mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

havent listened to the whole thing yet..but heard leave out all the rest for the first time today. it kinda leaked out on myspace. im suprised no one has really compared it with my december? i feel like they have a lot of similar qualities. in a good way.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Man, this album gets better with every listen. Amazing stuff.
    That solo on In Pieces is better than I forst thought as well.

:cloud:

lp4k3

lp4k3 Member

M2M

My review:

-Wake-
    I think its a very good opening track, the way the needle hits the record shows that its going to be a different sound. has soft sounds and echoing of a drum and guitars being plugged then everything breaks. 3.5/5

-Given Up-
    Nice song, i do really like this song, reminds me of the old LP with Chester's strong vocals, him holding his scream is awesome 4/5

-Leave Out All The Rest-
    Brilliant song again, the more this song is listened to the more it will grow on people. A different style for some people to get used to. 4.5/5

-Bleed It Out-
    I like this song alot, its catchy and very upbeat, you can clearly hear that they have had a good time making this song and the album. 5/5

-Shadow of the Day-
    Its a nice song, thats about it, slightly plain, but the lyrics are lovely. 3.5/5

-What I've Done-
    At first being the lead single this song gave me a doubt about the new album, the more i listened to it, the more i accepted the change and now i love it, one of the strongest songs on the album for me 4/5

-Hands Held High-
    I love it, Mike at his best, the way all the band sing as the choir is brilliant 5/5

-No More Sorrow-
    Good song, heavy and again not to disimilar from the old LP stuff we are used to, Chester on top form 4/5

-Valentine's Day-
    I absolutely love this song, its got a very catchy chorus and the way it builds up to it is sheer brilliance 4.5/5

-In Between-
    For me the weakest song on the album, not because of Mike by any stretch, just because its slow. Maybe it will take getting used to. I like the meaning behind the song, its very heartfelt 3/5

-In Pieces-
    Another strong song from LP, i like this, its different from anything they have done and they can pull it off. The Reggae feel to the song is pulled together with strong vocals from Chester 4/5

-The Little Things Give You Away-
    A stunning way to end the album, this song clearly shows the maturity that the band now has, so many points of this song can be screamed or feel that it could be taken aggresively, but the fact they hold out is brilliant, the guitar solo is bold and brilliant, it leaves you needing more when they break into the a capella section. i was anxious at first reading that there was going to be a 6+ minute song with a minute and a half solo, but it works very well. 5/5

-Overall-
    I bought the CD/MVI/DVD version of this and at first i was a bit tentitive to listen to the album having waiting so long for it, i was also nervous to hear the "new style" that they had come out with. Loads of band have done this and not that many have succeeded, but im pleased to say LP have, they keep reminding us of who they were at points in the album but their new sound is shocking and has left me with my mouth wide open and craving more.
    4.5/5 for the album.

Hybrid-Theology

Hybrid-Theology Member

well when i first heard it i was getting really worried that this is what LP has turned into but as i listen it grows on me. this is what i think of the album

Wake - This, surprisingly, for me has the best ending to a song. i actually think its one of the best songs on the album. i just love the guitar riff at the end! - 5/5

Given Up - Very cool. love the riff though its quite simple; it reminds me of what LP used to be, with a pop beat. 5/5

Leave Out All The Rest - Easily the best song on the album IMO even though the guitar in the chorus is just one tune. The beat makes it sound like Justin Timberlake but i like him anyways. 5/5

Bleed It Out - Love the guitar tune. Don't really know the lyrics quite well as yet but it sounds cool. The only downside to this song is the beat; it's exactly like 'Song for Clay' by Bloc party, too poppy. 4/5

Shadow of the Day - For some reason when i think of this song, I can't remember what it sounds like. I have to go back and listen to it again to refresh my memory. I love when it it builds up and the guitar comes in. The ending, for me, saved this song from being boring. 3.5/5

What I've Done - Loved this song from the 1st moment I heard it. Very well put together. love the guitar riff. 5/5

Hands Held High - the instrumentals in this song is probably the worst IMO. The lyrics have a deep meaning and i like it but i really hope they don't play this song live because it'll put everyone to sleep. 3/5

No More Sorrow - Really love this song but i prefer the version they played in berlin: At the end of the bridge where the song breaks down mike played a short riff that sounded like an accident but sounds very cool. 5/5

Valentine's Day - this song is very melodic; it still has to grow on me. but the guitar riff at the end is amazing although the chorus is a bit repetitive. 4/5

In Between - Too soft, good to hear mike singing again. Its sounds like its suitable for grey's anatomy or some other drama show. 3/5

In Pieces - Love this song. the guitar is amazing but the song is very poppy. the melody sounds a lot like avril lavigne unfortunately. Still its a great song. 4.5/5

The Little Things Give You Away - Sounded boring at first but its growing on me. Love the guitar solo although its not 1 minute long like they said it was. Its more like 40 seconds. The build-up in this song is the best on the album and it finishes with a intenes climax. 5/5

I would give this album 4/5 but to me thats a disappointment. I was hoping to give it a 5 with some banging guitars and wicked beats. They sound a bit like My Chemical Romance and i hate them. I love the album but feel let down at the same time by this transition. Nu-metal was there strong-point and they left it. It's like they're dead, mixed with U2, MCR and Muse with some rapping. But the banging guitars which we've come to love is replaced by lovely melodies that i think are fantastic. the vocal performances by chester are mind-blowing, mike's rapping has improved a lot but there is a shortage of it, rob's beats are a let-down for me (there is basically no hip-hop influences), major absence of Mr. Hahn, Phoenix has taken a bigger role that before, and Brad's guitar has improved a lot and is just fucking amazing.
    A decent 3rd installment.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think my one major criticism of the album is that the only songs that have much identity are the last two, and Bleed It Out because it sounds the most similar to their previous work. Then again, I guess you can't expect much on that front seeing as this is the first time in their career they've tried to evolve wherease other bands have honed their sound gradually. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

CureForTheSession

CureForTheSession Well-Known Member

After I've listened to it for a while, I really do love this album. I do wish there were like 2 more hard songs, but I can live. The only songs I don't really like are No More Sorrow (gah, I really really really dont like that song except for the intro) and Shadow of the Day (kinda.) I just hate the chorus and bridge on NMS and Shadow of the Day just never really climaxes.

My favorite song on the album is either TLTGYA or Valentine's Day. Both have such amazing endings.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I love the album. It's different, but awesome in it's own way from meteora and HT. They are just changing and evolvin their music as individuals and a band would. That what will make them truely timeless in their quest for music greatness. fav songs now is no more sorrow and gven up and leave out all the rest...atm lol

milkscone

milkscone New Member

i have been inspired by thiis album, from the moment they released the ulbum each and every song i listen to brings some inspirational thoughts that are very handy with my art work. my favourite song from the album is shadow of the day, to me i fell its liek my december and it really reminds me of my brother...:chester:

charlee

charlee Member

it is simply amazing. thats all i can say.

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

I'm happpily surprised by the album. I really didn't know what it would be but I think they did a great job though it does sometimes make me think of another band (I think they really gained maturity).

DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

I really love this CD. My only gripe is they should of had No Roads Left and QWERTY on the album. These tracks should have been added or have NRL replace In Between. It would help balance the album IMO. But overall I can now safely give MTM a 9/10.

general41391

general41391 Well-Known Member

Love the album. amazing.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Just listened to the entire album today. Bravo Linkin Park. I did not expect it to be as good as I think it is right now. I also did not expect to actually fall in love with every track of the album. TLTYGA is absolutely awesome, once the song climaxes, it's just..I can't really explain it at the moment.

charlee

charlee Member

i really love linkin park fans. its like none of my friends like this cd and everyone i talk to dont like it but when you talk to people who have been fans forever (6 years for me) then you get the real opinions.. the only ones that really matter to me.

Roubin

Roubin Well-Known Member

After listening carefully, I love it from the beggining to the end, with my favourite being No More Sorrow. My least favourites are In Between, not because of Mike´s vocals (they´re great), but because of the music; and TLTGYA, because of the acoustic/electroacustic guitar in the beggining of the song, but the ending is very good with the guitar solo.

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

In my opinion. this is the best album anybody's released (except for Mezmerize by System of a Down) since the release of Meteora in 2003. I especially liked Given Up and In Pieces. Overall I give the album 5/5.

I'm no good at writing reviews (as you may have noticed).

brenny_19

brenny_19 Member

i'm liking the album a little more everytime i listen to it. its just adapting to lp's new 'mature' rock, that will take time. i hope they produce some more old school lp songs in their next albums, but that may be very hopeful.

on first listen i honestly couldn't belive wat i was hearing or where the old lp had gone. i was very disappointed at first, but change is good i guess...

KrwlngGirlLP

KrwlngGirlLP Active Member

LoL

Alright so heres my opinion of this album.
    Its amazing.I dont think theres any other band that can deeply touch into your emotions.
    I think you guys need to get over yourselves
    and stop whining
    about how much your disappointed about it.
    If you guys are really fans you should support them
    all the way no matter what.
    I also think that you have to appreciate & accept
    what they are doing & how they sound
    they are expressing themselves how they are.. its unique.
    I Really cant rate each song because they it will be 5/5 or 10/10, %100 overall.
    LP is amazing.Thats it, it's that simple.

For the people that think Valentine's Day. Shadow of The day, In Between, TLTGYA or any other ''boring'' songs you think it is.. you must be out of your mind.. they have really amazing lyrics and good rhythms..​

Ok. Peace. <3.​

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Okay, that's not how it works at all. If a song sounds crap, it sounds crap. You shouldn't like it just because you're a fan of the band that did it. When bands change their sound they win fans and they lose fans. That's just how it goes. A true fan shouldn't support them even if they don't like the new sound, but they should at least give it a chance. I didn't like most of MTM at first but it's grown on me. I still think though that "In Between" is an awful song and never should have been on the album. I'm not going to pretend to like it just cause i'm a huge LP fan.

That's how music works. If you like it you like it. You can't force yourself to like something that you don't.

Do you think a producer sits in the studio with a band and says "yeah dudes, that's great. Awesome work!" to absolutely everything that the band they're working with writes?

A true fan shouldn't just blindly love everything that LP churn out, because it's not honest.

20. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

"A true fan shouldn't just blindly love everything that LP churn out, because it's not honest."

Totally agreed.