What about Qwerty?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lparks41, Jun 4, 2007.

lparks41

lparks41 Well-Known Member

That dosen't really sound at all like Minutes to Midnight. Why weren't there a few more songs like this on the album? I mean they wrote it in 2006, the exact same time. I think they could have fixed up the lyrics on the bridge by making them a little more articulate and added a little scratching and it would have filled a perfect slot towards the end of the album, say instead of puting 'In between' as track 10. Don't you think? At least qwerty is exciting and kind of retains their real sound a bit...

Someone should remix Qwerty.

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

It defenitely should have been on the album like "no roads left".

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

They made a wise decision by not putting Qwerty in MTM. Lyrically, it's not as strong as the MTM tracks and moreover, I've listened to it so much since it came out that its magic has worn off.

JustHollowNAlone

JustHollowNAlone Well-Known Member

I agree with hybridsoldier. I don't think QWERTY is supposed to have the "new LP sound", but it was just rather to show their new, more raw attack at things. Lyrically and the way it is actually sung though reminds me of old LP, with Mike's low-key rapping and Chester's scream/sing combo in the chorus is rather like One Step Closer. Although, I have to admit the studio version of QWERTY was much better than the live, and that just may be from the audio quality of it, or the re-writing it to make it a bit longer.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I think the'd have needed to improve the demo version of it alot more if it was on MtM.

Listen to QWERTY then either No more Sorrow or Given up. It sounds weak next to them. Though playing it live in concert would level it out a bit with the MtM tracks. QWERTY is alot like One Step Closer, it has this "power'' when played live.