Coming Soon: EXCLUSIVE Remastered Audio of Grey Daze's "...No Sun Today"

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

After a long search to get this media available to the public, we here at the LPA are proud to promote an exciting new media exclusive for our members to download within the upcoming holiday week.

For those of you who have just joined us as a result of our extensive Minutes To Midnight coverage, we would like to fill you in on a story we ran about 5 years ago, in reference to Chester's former (read: pre Linkin Park) band by the name of Grey Daze. As revealed in our exclusive chat with former Grey Daze member Sean Dowdell back in December of 2002, the drummer was in the process of working on and finalizing a studio remixed version of the band's second CD called "...No Sun Today" for a June 2003 release through the record label Artemis Records. Originally done by Sean with the intent to help raise money in support of his severely ill band mate Bobby Benish (who at the time happened to be suffering from brain cancer); due to legal battles the sale of the album was blocked several times and it is with deep regret that we inform you that Bobby unfortunately passed away approximately three years ago (rest in peace), before the album ever had a chance to be released to the general public.

In fact, despite the album's honest and beautiful intentions, because of these problems, things did not quite work out the way Sean had originally intended then to work, and as a result the CD never got out to the public, making the disc highly sought after due to its rare and almost completely unreleased status.

Quoting an LPA news post from 2003:
    "Originally intended to be released around June, it appears that the re-release of "...No Sun Today" may never see the light of day. Reliable sources state that the CD is in fact finished but, conflicts with lawyers within Linkin Park's label Warner Brothers are prohibiting the CD from being released...."

"...If problems like the ones stated above continue, it is possible that this cd may never see the light of day. However; the LPA will be sure to keep you updated as more information surfaces on the Grey Daze re-release."

If the above quotes are to be of any indication, it has been a long and winding road for Sean, as numerous attempts to have this album be legally released and available for purchase have been shot down, with the potential of this ever being available becoming all the more unlikely by the second.

Or that is....until now.

Due to The Linkin Park Association's strong respect for Bobby, Chester's early music works and Sean's strong desire to get this music out to the world, we are proud to announce that we will be hosting the entire STUDIO REMIXED version of "...No Sun Today" in CD quality (All 13 tracks), sometime next week for you all to download...for a limited time only.

In fact, as a friendly gesture to you all, rather than charge for all of these files, Sean has granted us an exclusive license to host all 13 songs for one year, absolutely free of charge to you after which the songs may be unavailable for good once the record gets picked up a major label. Because of this, once the time period is over, these mp3s may be gone for good, so we strongly suggest for you to get them while you can, as you may or may not get another chance to ever do so again.

Be on the look out for the full album on this website sometime within the upcoming week and feel free to post your excitement in the thread for this on our official forums! As Sean Dowdell has told us, this album is 'much better than the original version' and all Grey Daze fans are really in for a treat when we put these songs online sometime soon.

...Who knows. The album may be up sooner than you think.

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

How the hell does LPA get their hand on these tracks? You guys must have a lot of connections. :lol:

I wonder how they will sound like.

Derek

The connection being Sean himself. :lol:

Sean = Original band member of Grey Daze before they split in 1998.

The Last Saxon

The Last Saxon Well-Known Member

OMFG!!! Good work LPA!!!!!! I cant wait!!!! :bounce:

nkramar

nkramar LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'm buying you a beer at PR. And if you're not able to drink it due to age, I'll just have to drink it in your honor.

Derek

Hahaha I'll be too young by...two months (FUCK).

That's it..I'm moving to Canada. You can get drunk earlier there. :lol:

nkramar

nkramar LPA VIP LPA VIP

I got served in Camden when I was 18. You'll be fine.

Derek

That's cause they're irresponsible idiots there.

But no..I can't drink and get tipsy. I am going to be courting a little lady you see. *Looks at LPA Andrea and smiles*.

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Very cool. I'll wait then.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

*headdesk* I don't care if you drink...you just better get me one too. :lol:

On topic....I can't wait for the remastered audio. :D

nkramar

nkramar LPA VIP LPA VIP

Dammit. One of us has to drink and I have some ...ummm... responsibilities that day.

Derek

Us drunk, at a concert...not a good idea. :lol:

Think Woodstock 68' dear.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

...Woodstock was in '69. :lol:

LAWL 69 ROFLOL

I always thought it kinda sucked that Wake Me was the first Grey Daze album and yet the sound quality was far superior to the second.

Derek

69 eh? Makes woodstock even dirtier :D.

And yeah, that was kinda weird.

nkramar

nkramar LPA VIP LPA VIP

And 94 and 99.

LAWL 69 ROFLOL

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Feel free to e-mail me any alcoholic beverages you may not be able to finish, Wildly accepted.

Derek

Are you proud of me Mark? I avoided all "Attention ladies and gentleman"s in this post lol.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Hell yes! I love the Grey Daze stuff, go LPA!!!
    Can't wait for this XD

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

where's the Xero tape in FLAC?

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

AMAZING! LPA for the win once again! You guys rock so much hard ass. Every time you guys have something awesome, you end up one upping yourself eventually. This will be heard to beat. I can't wait for this. I also noticed I didn't even have the first Grey Daze -- shame on me. I need to hook that shit up and then get this one, too! Can't wait to get my hands, err...ummm.. mouse pointer on this one ;).

I think you're being sarcastic [I hope], but wouldn't FLAC be impossible from a tape? lol. Plus the quality is meh on the best MP3 quality version available [I believe also hosted by the lovely folks here at LPA].

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.