Linkin Park as the next U2?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lparks41, May 26, 2007.

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

Yes you can, and it won't be "invalid" either. You listen to a couple songs, and to you it's just not good. What are you gonna do, listen to the whole album, continue to think it's crap and feel justified about it? No. You're just not gonna listen to it, cuz you don't like it.

I agree U2 is a lil overrated, but I figure this is because Bono is always out there trying "to make a difference" and it's misdirectly related to U2's music, which is wrong. I think this is why LP are being touted as the next U2, they obviously do a lot of charity work, but the difference is they're not on TV everytime they "make that difference". U2 being so overrated just makes it a vicious cycle.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

it's funny 'cause i say that i was among the first few to tell everyone that "what i've done" had a lot of elements of a U2 song and video. especially the lights ... which are reflecting off the shades ... the mic stand (which chester is making extensive use of in LP's live performances nowadays :D) ... and the stock footage.

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

^ Coincidence

Xavier

Xavier New Member

I agree

I agree with you 100%

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

LP is not the next U2

LP is way too good for that.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

these comparisons will probably stop when given up or no more sorrow gets released.

amsterdamman

amsterdamman Member

dont think U2 are over-rated at all. they are one of the most successful bands of all time.

Penny

Penny LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I think that Bono's voice doesn't sound like Chester's!Both have beautiful voices but...totally different!

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I think if given time, LP will mellow down to U2's level but surely they have some hard rock albums left in them. I think they have the potential to have another element to them that U2 don't have. Mike. He can become that piece that pushes their music to a greater level. He's the game breaker. If he fails and fades into the past, LP may not get to U2 heights. But if they can find a use for his vocal talents that is timeless and not just crap rapping, who knows in ten years time?

They say longevity is a major factor in becoming great. It's clear they already have the musical talent, and can evolve as the industry itself does. And as they also say, only time will tell.

abajaj2280

abajaj2280 Well-Known Member

well, hes not the greatest, but hes one of the best

and according to mike in the MTM DVD he thinks hes the best singer of the (decade or generation?)