The world is flat, evidently.

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Louis, Jul 12, 2007.

...Lauren?

...Lauren? Sadist Sagittarius

Actually, the Bible says the earth is round. The Catholic church were the ones to say it was flat. :whistling
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I find it incredibly hard to believe that these people are serious.

If they are serious, they have to be some of the craziest people on Earth. How could you seriously have beliefs that go against centuries of research and common knowledge? Besides, why would scientists/government tell us the Earth is round if it isn't?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BTW, the four elephants under the earth belief is a Hindu or Native American belief or something.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

:lol:!!

That's hilarious.

Another question for them would be to explain the horizon. Surely if the earth was flat then you'd be able to see an infinite distance (as long as mountains aren't in the way).

Unless the earth cones inwards to look like this: \/ from the side

...Lauren?

...Lauren? Sadist Sagittarius

Dedicated makes a good point.

Pacey

Pacey Well-Known Member

:'D

Thats all i got

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I think that these people are beyond stupid. Beyond complete idiots. It's the same as saying the Moon is flat. Take a high resolution video camera to the moon, Record the view towards the earth and I am completely sure that the earth will be round-oval shaped.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

Orbit...you can see our planet spinning like a ball from space...that's proof enough for me to know:

FE = bullshit

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

The bible says it is round, not spherical. A circle is round and 2D. Also, in the Bible it is said that one can see all the kingdoms in the world from atop a mountain. If the earth was spherical, you obviously couldn't do this.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

This isn't serious. They're joking. Whoever thinks they're serious needs to stop being so stupid.

Fox

Fox Love & Trolls LPA Super Member

Oh c'mon, seriosly... how many times has this topic been disccused in geography over school??...

I mean, it was one of the greek astrologist who made that theory that the earth is flat (can't remember his name). Then Galileo totally made that theory wrong by making all these experiments, and explained that the earth is actually an sphere. And since that happened, we all now, or at least believe, that the earth is actually a sphere.

It has been more than confirmed that the earth is not flat, and if it were falt, eventually, we would fall down into the universe because we have a limit if we try to sail around the world... You can see the limits in that map...
    And the reason why we don't fall down into the universe is becuase of gravity and all that crap...

I can't believe they are going to go over this now... And specially when NASA has taken pictures of the earth, and indeed, the earth is a sphere...

It's the Hindu one. The Greeks believe that the earth was born out of an egg that was put, by a bird, in one of the goddesses's body (can't remeber name) when she was floating holyness ocean, and then the egg drowned and that's why the earth has water... Or something like that.. can't remeber the whole thing very well...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
    Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

I'm not trying to defend them or anything, but they don't seem to think the Earth is just a flat disc... on the pictures they showed Tasta on the forum, Earth looked like a UFO shaped planet.

But they're seriously stupid, there's a unlimited ammount of scientific theories that just defeat all their arguements...

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Again: It's a joke.