Songs We'll Never Hear Again

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by kev_, Jul 24, 2007.

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

With these new setlists out I'm thinking there's gonna be a few songs we never hear played live by LP again. I'm Thinking,

With You, By Myself, Runaway, APFMH, Forgotten, Hit the Floor, Easier to Run, Figure .09, Nobody's Listening.

Also I doubt we'll ever hear Valentine's Day, In Between, or No Roads Left.

They need to bring back some of those classics, hold a secret concert or something for LPU members.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'd be willing to bet they'll play Valentine's Day, there's nothing about the song that would make it difficult to pull off live. In Between will probably be like the Breaking the Habit of MTM, it'll be the last song off the album they play live after everybody assumed they never would.

I also doubt that they'll NEVER play most of those again. They're overloading the setlist with Minutes to Midnight songs right now because it's a brand new album, but LP's touring cycles last for quite a while, they'll probably be on the road well into 2008. By the end of this cycle, MTM won't be as new anymore and they'll probably bring back some older stuff. They brought back Step Up and It's Goin' Down on PR04, they played My December on the Meteora World Tour, they even brought out Reading My Eyes for the Summer Sonic shows.

And even if they don't bring older stuff back now, it's not like their touring career looks to be coming to an end anytime soon. I've seen some older bands bring back songs that they hadn't played in over 20 years. Metallica has been doing it a lot the past couple years, I think it was last year they brought back a song they hadn't played since like, 1984.

With You and APFMH are LP's 2 biggest moshpit anthems, I don't care what anybody else says. They'll probably bring those back. And they played Runaway at Bamboozle, so it's not like they forgot about that one either.

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

Yeah, maybe so. But I'm sure Hit the Floor won't be played again. It was only played on the Meteora tour right? But right now it's just MTM and singles basically. Hopefully it'll change

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

It probably will change as the touring cycle continues and about hit the floor i guess maybe not but you never know just gotta wait and see

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

the ones i feel sad that they dont play anymore are

With You, Runaway and APFMH

i mean those are LP classics

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Wish they'd scrap Somewhere I Belong rather than say, APFMH.

I know it won't happen though, due to SIB being a hit single and all.

Roubin

Roubin Well-Known Member

I'll really miss With You. One of my favourites.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

I never heard hit the floor live...How many times have they actually played it live?

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I wanna hear Carousel and Part Of Me played fucking live.

Astat

It and Easier to Run were both only played on the 2003 LPU Tour and Projekt Revolution 2003.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

both songs only twice?...wow...I could imagine Hit the floor being hard on chester.

Astat

Not twice, on 2 full tours. They were played at every show from Februrary 23rd to April 26th, 2003, meaning they both got played a few dozen times. There just aren't a whole lot of recordings from those tours.

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

I've seen one high quality video of Easier to Run, I think it was an LPU exclusive if I remember right. Never seen Hit the Floor in HQ though.

Astat

Yeah, Easier to Run was one of the enhanced videos on LPU 4 (it's the same version that appears on the Numb single).

There's only one live video of Hit the Floor that even exists, it's from the State College show on PR03 and it's an audience recording. HTF and Easier to Run were both played at the MTV $2 Bill show as well, but weren't shown on TV.

WizzyKid

WizzyKid Well-Known Member

I got a feeling they will play With You and APFMH at some point. But I really do miss With You being the intro. Man I just can't get enough of Chester screaming "Come on" ^_^

Jacen

Jacen Well-Known Member

*Starts With You guitar riff* :cry: Best Live Song Ever!!

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

"hit the floor" is the worst live song, close to "somewhere i belong" and "lying from you", when it comes to moshing to a rock song.

Radish

Radish Guest

With You sounds Awesome Live! I've never heard Hit the Floor or Easier to Run, but from what you guys have said Hit The Floor doesn't sound all too nice.
    I'm eager to hear Easier to Run done up live in a Minutes to Midnight style though. It's kinda sad to see that they don't play all these songs anymore... With You, APFMH and By Myself I'll miss especially (If what were talking about here all happens)

WizzyKid

WizzyKid Well-Known Member

I think lying from you is pretty good now, it didon't used to be but I think it sounds great now. I really wish they would cut Somewhere I belong, it just seems like a mediocre song from them.

the_stars_of_destiny

the_stars_of_destiny Active Member

And a few of my fav songs :( I really do wish they played those songs again.