Good Rock Bands

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Bryan, Jul 23, 2007.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

uh ... this is my profile - check the list of artists. ;)

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Seconding Mudvayne. if you're not into metal though, might wanna check out some of their later stuff, such as 'Happy?'. If you do like metal though, I think Severed is their most amazing song. Those lyrics... wow

linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

Something With Numbers
    Gyroscope
    After The Fall
    The Living End

some Australian rock for you, highly recommend checking them all out!

Harlz

Ill second The Living End.
    I'll also suggest Powderfinger and Midnight Oil for Australian rock.
    And Silverchair, of course.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

I second them, third MCR and fourth AFI :lol: .

Billy Talent isn't bad, maybe some Avenged Sevenfold (if you're not a screaming kinda guy, I'd only recommend their latest album).

Harlz

Avenged Sevenfold, for sure. Not too heavy if you only want hard rock.

Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

Nice page lol

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

-Red Hot Chili Peppers
    -Incubus
    -Daughtry
    -Within Temptation
    -The Used

Also try...

-Madina Lake (friggin' awesome)
    -Hinder

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
    The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

I second Billy Talent.

Also, you should try Queen.

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

I'll second Foo Fighters and also recommend Soil (Debut album) and The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Neutral Milk Hotel - Not exactly rock music, I guess, but they're brilliant so I'd recommend them for anybody.

The Used - Kind of a common band, but they're intense. You can feel the energy in their music and a lot of bands you have to see them live to get that same energy.

Billy Talent - Also another energetic amazing band.

Queen - Classic and brilliant. I'm sure you've heard them and listened to them, but, if you haven't, listen more.

Placebo - I got into Placebo more because I love Brian Molko, but they're a brilliant band. Go onto youtube and watch some of their live shows. They were just on Henry Rollins this month doing their cover of Running Up That Hill, and it was fucking amazing. Trust me.

Saosin - I couldn't really get into this band at first, because I didn't think they had a very original sound, and the vocals seemed like they should be kind of louder. Then I listened to everything they've released, and I fell in love with them. I think they're really good, and, while you may not like them at first, if you keep trying them I bet you'll end up liking them!

HIM - Love.

The Rocket Summer - Good kind of pop-rock. It makes me bounce. It might remind you of something you'd see on the Disney Channel, but if you want some fun pop music there you have ti.

Drake Bell - The kid that's on Drake and Josh and was on The Amanda Show. Yeah, you might be thinking 'What the fuck?'. but I recently just deciiiiided to check out his muusic, because I was kind of waaatching the show with my broother and I have always thought the theme song was really catchy and good so I got his two albums, and they're actually pretty good. They kind of have that pop-rock feel that The Rocket Summer has, because he's from Nickelodeon, and that's apparent, but it's still decent and catchy, and I like that. Just check him out. You might hate it, but I found myself enjoying it so I'm throwing it out there.

Stone Sour - This is really good rock music. I think Corey has one of the greatest voices ever, and I'm sure you'll enjoy this. You just have to.

*I realized you already listen to these guys.*Slipknot's Vol. 3 - Slipknot kind of went down a more Stone Sour route in this, sometimes even softer than Stone Sour, and so it's not that brutal assault that the first two albums were. I think it's a brilliant album. Brilliant brilliant. A lot of people have hate for Slipknot for lame reasons, and a lot of people hated on this album for not being IOWA and Slipknot again, but it's really good. They have a new album coming out that is supposedly going to be their heaviest yet, though.

*I realized you already listen to these guys, too. I'm sorry.*Korn - I'm recommending Korn. I haven't been a fan of every song of theirs, but I definitely like some of their stuff. I really liked See You On The Other Side, actually. Everyone else seemed to hate it while I thought it was definitely one of their best. So maybe that's a sign that you need to stay away from whatever I recommend.:lol: I don't know.

Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News, The Moon & Antarctica, but not We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank. Start off with those that I mentioned first. I don't think We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank should be your first impression.

Rancid - I love Rancid. They're more of punk-rock/ska than just a rock band, though. You should at least try them out. ...And Out Come the Wolves.

The Mars Volta - One of the most brilliant bands to ever exist ever. Epic music, dude.

At the Drive-In - If you think the Mars Volta is brilliant..... you still might not like these guys, I guess, because their style is a lot different, but it's pretty much the same band before Cedric felt like he wasn't allowed enough creative control over the band and they split up to form Sparta and The Mars Volta. Sparta won't earn a recommendation from me. They're decent.

Depeche Mode - Okay.. Definitely not 'rock' music, but epic-fucking-brilliant-groovy-as-shit music? Yeah. Get Violator, Playing the Angel, and Exciter first, and then go to their other stuff.

I second AFI, The Living End, Breaking Benjamin, Mudvayne, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Incubus.

uhh... Seether, Marilyn Manson, Slayer.

EDIT: I also second The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, although I'm going to throw up if I hear 'Do you feel better now as she falls to the ground?' one more time.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
    Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

Just downloaded about 250 songs :lol:

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

You've probably already heard Fall Out Boy, but im gonna reccomend them anyway. They're not amazing, but they're pretty good.

Here are some more reccomendations:

Hard-Fi: There not exactly rock, more like pop-rock, but they're still great. They have a great singer, and they are really catchy. Listen to Cash Machine, that should give you an idea of they're sound.

Frou Frou: Again this isnt rock. Its not even close to rock, its pop. But its still amazing. Imogen Heap has a great voice, and the music is fantastic. Listen to Flicks and The Dumbing Down of Love, that should give you an idea of they're sound.

30 Seconds to Mars: I admit, I havent heard a lot of they're stuff. But I love what I have heard, and so im gonna recommend them. They're a great rock band, and, depending on the song, they have some electronic sounds. Listen to Attack, its not the best song i've heard by them, but its the first one I heard by them, so I reccomend it.

Scissor Sisters: Definately not rock. In fact, if I had to catergorize it, it would go under disco or pop. They have a little bit of both. They're really good, though, and insanely catchy. Listen to I Dont Feel Like Dancing, it should give you an idea of how they sound.

Thornley: You've probably heard the single So Far, So Good, and thats pretty much what you should expect from the band. They only have one album, and I havent heard anything about a new one, but still, give them a try. They're a rock band with a great lead singer, and some really catchy songs. Listen to Come Again, and So Far, So Good, it should give you an idea of what they sound like.

Big Wreck: Okay, from what i've heard of them, this is basically Thornley, but I little bit better. It has the same singer, and if you like Thornley, then you'll probably like this band.

Audioslave: This band has a great singer (Chris Cornell), and they are very good. Listen to Moth, its their best song in my opinion. Unfortunately, they broke up, but they have three albums, which is a good amount of music.

Those are all of the bands I can think of now. Hope this helps.

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

Megadeth
    Pantera
    Danko Jones

Fox

Fox Love & Trolls LPA Super Member

- 30 seconds to Mars.
    - AFI.
    - My chemical romance.
    - Papa Roach (if you are into the hardcore/screming from Jacoby)
    - Three Days Grace.
    - P.O.D.
    - The Breaking Benjamins.
    - Korn.
    - Nine Inch Nails.
    - Aerosmith (of course, it's an old rock band, so it's 80-90 style)
    - The Police (once again, it's old style)
    - HIM (I don't listen to them that much now)
    - Hinder.
    - Daughtry.
    - Placebo.
    - Incubus.

Dam' it, I know there's more but I can't remeber anymore for now.. =//

Pacey

Pacey Well-Known Member

Ahh if you are still looking, not sure if you are considering theres been a million mentioned.

But.

Alexisonfire are amazing.
    Funeral For a Friend are brilliant.
    Pillar. - Been making me feel excellent lately.

If you get them, tell me what you think..

Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

I really like Pillar and Funeral for a Friend, thanks!

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

the next time i hear (or see) 30 sec to mars, daughtry, nickleback and hinder i'm going to smash the radio or tv, how damn annoying do the singles have to be.

Roubin

Roubin Well-Known Member

-Evanescence
    -Yellowcard
    -Korn
    -Daughtry
    -Muse
    -Nine Inch Nais
    -Pearl Jam
    -Deftones
    -Nickelback
    -Flyleaf
    -Taking Back Sunday
    -3 Days Grace
    -Live
    -Stone Temple Pilots

Those are my suggestions. Hope I helped...;).

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Oceansize. :)