"Bleed It Out" Video Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Not the best I've seen..I think LP could've done better than this..

Jammist

Jammist Well-Known Member

It was ok, I didn't hate it. Are there any videos out for download yet that dont have that annoying MTV banner blocking 1/4 screen the entire time?

INK12Many

INK12Many Well-Known Member

If they would have just extended it longer to their new extended version they performed a couple of days ago, it would have MADE sense.
    less than 3 mins is too short to be a video.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

All the bitching about the camera work, and while it may seem boring, you're forgetting that this video is one continuous shot which is damn hard to pull off and why it's so rarely done in music videos. So even though the camera work may seem a bit boring and Chester's dry humping of the mic stand makes me think this thing should be banished to Cinemax late at night, I have to give props for the camera work

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

:lol:

Triad

Triad Well-Known Member

ahahha it was aiight

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Heh, Hahn didn't seem to be doing much in the video. =\

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

at first i thought brad and phoenix were reversed also..then i realized they werent

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

Lol.

No, I know they do go to bars, but it's just odd seeing Linkin Park use those type of women (the outgoing, night clubbing type) in their videos. They usually go for the gothic, self-harming females. But there again, Linkin Park have grown up and their style has changed. So I guess it was bound to happen.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
    INK12Many

INK12Many Well-Known Member

well since it was barely released and not even on the U.S. yet im guessing one with no banners will surface up by next week or so...
    unless someone else say so.
    "anyone":blink:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm not actually a fan of this video, as I feel the footage goes way too slow for the song. Not to mention it's getting bothering how much Chester is trying to be Scott Weiland now judging by his unflatteringly tight attire and sexual stage moves.

pyropaul

pyropaul Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it. Very cool video - simple concept, but yet imaginative. This is probably one of my favorite LP videos. I would probably say that I like it more than all the Meteora videos. The video highlighted the performance of the song, which seems to work with high energy songs like this one.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

I mean it IS a tough shot to pull off, but if it does nothing to add to the atmosphere or general plot of the video, it is considered wasted. Have you seen Children of Men? They have a near 10-20 minute continous shot sequence and it is breathtaking...I'm not trying to compare a cinematic adventure, and a Linkin Park music video...but, it goes back to my comments about the reverse effects...it seems as if he found an effect/theme he liked, and didn't know when to stop using it.

Urantia Girl

Urantia Girl Well-Known Member

It was okay. I have seen better and better vids before this one but you know we'll see.

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Maybe its a rushed production?

Anyways I don't like the music video at all, its just too slow paced and the reverse thing is sort of, well, weird. :lol:

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Maybe we'll all like it better when it's higher-quality and after a few rewatches. Like the new album, ironically.

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

I have to agree pretty much with this whole comment. I was hoping for a more fast paced video like Faint but in a different location and a slightly different idea. My girlfriend was laughing at Chester's "humping" and I told her that it was very "Scott Weilandish" of him to be doing it. I believe that Scott Weiland is one of Chester's idols, correct? Oh well, the song is still great and should still do well on the charts, here's hoping to a better next video.

GigaScythe

GigaScythe Well-Known Member

Re: the banner

Are you sure that's just normal? It would make sense to me that the video's been shot in 16:9, which looks about right if you put the banner below it to make it up to 4:3 for TV.

Then again, I could be talking shit.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I think I like LP's SNL performance of BIO better than this. :|

Jammist

Jammist Well-Known Member

I am not totally sure how it looks on a tv, I have only watched it on my comp lcd monitor. If you watch the first/last few seconds you can see the full screen shot of the video and then part of it gets cut off by the banner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.