grecian

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by congo2, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    congo2

congo2 New Member

apparently this song is floating around the internet somewhere and it apparently kicks ass. hope to hear it soon.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm not sure where you heard this but I believe Rob said in the LPU 5 newsletter, that this song has been scrapped. It was supposed to make its debut at Summer Sonic but they didn't like it enough and ended up writing Qwerty in its place.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

And if they do release it, it'll probably be on LPU V7.0

wookiebastard

wookiebastard Member

Well, there are people who claim to have a 4 track album labeled "MTM working titles" and Grecian was one of those tracks. A guy that i know says he's got it but doesn't want anyone else to have it... but sent me the exact same sample from the DVD without any of the guys talking on top, and the clip is like 0:35 secs. That guy, i met him on the LPMBs...

And there is another guy, who says he's got the complete track, he told me he bought it on itunes before the album was released. But i don't trust that, he was uploading it, but then disappeared claiming he had a problem with the mp4, that was protected blah blah.

So i don't know, lots of people around are saying they have that 4 track MTM demo album.... but still, i never got to listen to it.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well I know for a fact Grecian was never on iTunes, lol.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Don't trust people on LPMBs. :lol:

wookiebastard

wookiebastard Member

i never trusted that guy... he even sent me a tracklist that sounded SO fake that well, i should have ignored him, but still... i was so curious to what the guy had that i even faked some songs, labeling them to look "similar" to what u could expect for early song tests samples according to what LP said on the dvd, and he bit the bait... but thinking it was an amazing super discovery, the guy never logged on... i guess i'll never listen to those anymore. If they're fake or not, i dont care... just wanted to listen to them.

And Tasta, i don't have itunes hehe, so how should i know?... but still, also, never quite believed that guy. He still hasn't posted that mp4.

Fear

Fear Well-Known Member

I think Grecian was never fully made, so we'll never hear it. It didn't even have a final title, Grecian was just the working title. I'm sure if LP do plan to release b-sides, then they'll be songs we never heard of before, not Grecian, not Japan, but full songs that were scrapped towards the end of the process.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

like the five songs that were dropped off not long before the release date

CHW42

CHW42 Well-Known Member

Lol, the Grecian 35 second sample sounded like Given Up that was reworked in a home studio. It was garbage.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

i need to hear that 35 second sample...anything LP that I haven't heard is what I wanna hear lol

Astat

That 35 second sample is fake, that's what the person above you meant.

BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

I still believe that Grecian became Announcement Service Public for the LPU6 CD. Listening to the DVD where Dave plays the snippet from Grecian, it sounds really really close.

Astat

I don't think they sound alike at all. They're in different time signatures, and contrary to popular belief, Chester's screaming in Grecian isn't the same backwards sample that was used in ASP.

BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

I was pretty certain when I heard the clip, the guitar was similar, maybe I've lost my mind, I should find that spot in the video again.

erving.09

erving.09 Active Member

one thing its true, ive heard the sample of the song in the Making Of MTM and it sound like given up pretty much. At the beginnin i thought that given up was a evolved version of grecian but with the time ive discarded that idea. Hopefully if LP finished the song it will be on LPU 7.0.... at least i hope so :p

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

For crying out loud....this thread is almost 3 months old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.