I need a Wii!

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by the_king_of_all, Aug 27, 2007.

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Ha. Ok. That's old now.

Anyway, I've been considering buying a Wii. There are also other expensive things i want to buy and it took me ages to save up enough so i also don't want to waste my money, so my question is to anyone who has played a wii or owns one, are they actually that good? or are they the sort of thing where the novelty wears off after a few plays?

I wasn't exactly sure whether to make a new thread or post in the Wii thread, so if i should post in the Wii thread would an admin please close this and i'll ask again there.

Cheers for any responses :)

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I don't own one either, but I do want one, oh so bad. It depends what kind of games you're after. I think there are a lot of better games coming out for it this year, but a lot of the people I know who have a Wii only have like, one game for it. Personally, I think they're too expensive at the moment anyway.

Look into the games that are out before you get one i'd say.

the_king_of_all

The only games i want are Wii sports (which you get anyway as standard) and Zelda, so it'd be worth it, i'm just affraid it'd get pretty old very quickly, since i seem to have pulled away from consoles recently. And yeah, they are expensive, but i'm going halves with my brother so we have enough to buy the console together, then i have enough to buy one game (Zelda), i'mjust wondering if it'd be better spent elsewhere. You actually played one then?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

If you want to get more out of it I'd wait until Nintendo start releasing their games in Europe, by then the console will probably be cheaper as well.

the_king_of_all

I guess so, because besides Zelda 95% of the games out there right now for the Wii are kids games or novelty games that are too easy from what i've seen, so i'll probably wait then.

Opinions still welcome though!

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I've only played on the Wii sports, and I have seen a friends, friends brother (o_O) play on Zelda. They are quite good, and I suppose if you're going halves, it's not too much of a price to pay. They do just remind me of Nintendos answer to the Eyetoy though

Zelda is awesome btw. I've only played the GC version but...game of the year for me. I'm jealous if you get it on the Wii :lol: That's the reason I want one.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

If I were you, I'd get an internet connection to that thing and buy a shitload of Wii Points. The Virtual Console is where it's at personally.

the_king_of_all

Well same, i really want one, and i mean REALLY, but it's not really worth paying £130 just to play Zelda, so i guess i'll just do what Dean said, or preassure my brother into buying his own then play it whilst he's at work :lol:

@Friskey: Nice idea, but i'm not that rich :lol:

Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Maxime has one and he thinks that the Wii is really worth it. But for the moment there aren't enough good games for the Wii, except for Zelda. Just wait untill Christmas, then the Wii will not only be cheaper, but there will also be better games.

Misfit Jay

Misfit Jay I'm down with tippin 40s to your memory. LPA Super Member

Get Red Steel if you like First Person Shooters. It's awesome.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

I heard it was crap. You want a FPS, wait a month or two for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

i play my friends and i dont really like it......Red Steel BTW is a HORRIBLE GAME..4 multiplayer levels ? come on, plus i hate the shooting, its so hard to control and annoying, im not much of a Wii person, it was fun at first....not anymore. I'd Rather play a 360 all day than play a Wii for more than a half hr

button mashing FTW

Dean

Metroid Prime isn't really an fps though... you scan more stuff than you shoot. :p

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

ive had mine for a couple months and have been playing on my friends' since the morning it came out. the novelty hasn't worn off. i dont even think it's novelty. it's just fun. and i don't think it'll stop being fun for me.

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

its not a novelty, it definitely doesn't "wear off". I'm SO excited for Metroid Prime 3, you hear IGN gave it a 9.5? dyammmnn. yeah the only really good games out right now/coming out soon are:

LoZ: Twilight Princess
    Metroid Prime 3
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Super Mario Galaxy

lpkornfan22

lpkornfan22 Well-Known Member

i have one
    and it is really fun but i dont play it anymore at the moment as i only have like 3 games

right now im just waiting for the good ones to come

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

My friend had one and the novelty wore off for him in two months. He traded it in for a 360.

I've played it a few times and I can't say that I'd consider buying one. Not for me.

Dean

You can't judge any console when it's only been around for under a year, especially something like the Wii.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Gamestop.com says Metroid ships out today, I believe.

But anyway, there aren't too many good games out for it now (I own one and only have about 4 games). I have Resident Evil 4, Mario Party 8, Zelda, and Wii Sports and all of them are great, especially RE:4. However, you have Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl coming out soon here and they'll all be great games.

the_king_of_all

That's essentially what i thought.

Alright guys, I made my decision, spoke to my brother and he's buying one on his own anyway, so i guess i get the fun without having to pay, and i don't regret it when/if the novelty (or not novelty as the case may be) wares off. Cheers for everyones opinions, much appriecated, you've been a big help :)