Trick to like M2M

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by arbaks, Aug 31, 2007.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

And tell me who the fuck cares what emo meant back in the early 90s. Now it has a completely different meaning. Accept it. To be honest I'm tired of seeing definitions of what emo originaly meant every other day. People know that, but the word changed its meanining like words do all the time and that's it.

And Linkin Park is not emo neither when it comes to the old meaning of the word nor the current.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

It wouldn't be such a problem if it was a natural evolution, but it isn't. Bands that are called emo today have absolutely nothing to do with older, so-called "emo" bands. The reason why I agree with User Name is because I'm getting really fucking sick and tired of people denouncing things they don't like as emo. I would counter the claim that people know what emo originally meant... they don't. In any other genre of music you can track the evolution, and see how the sound has evolved. This is not the case with emo. Bands called that today have absolutely no lineage whatsoever to the bands of yore. Emo in 2007 means absolutely nothing and is a stupid word propagated by clueless journalists who are supposedly "experts."

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

i know all that already im a big rock fan

trust me i know what old EMO is

...but i can asure you that V'sD has all the cliches that people associate with the word EMO in 2007, wich is the year we are know not the 90's

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
    Tim

You obviously have your mind set on this issue, but I think the whole Valentines Day being emo argument is getting old. If you don't like it that's
    fine, but stereotyping it into a genre is ridiculous. I would consider the song more pop-rock myself. I actually like the song though, so maybe I'm biased.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm not talking about the evolution of emo as a music genre but about the evolution of the word.

Tim

Fair enough, but that's all beside the point. What was the topic again?

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

It's 2007? The hell, where have I been the last fifteen years? Thanks, arbaks. I never would have known. ;)

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

These MtM threads are driving me insane! Now I know how Mod's feel lol

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

Why???

this a normal disscusion XD

general41391

general41391 Well-Known Member

The whole album is really good. I will listen to it how they meant for me to listen to it. Kthnx.

XVZ

XVZ Banned

But...I like Valentine's Day, i think it's one of the best songs on the album, but that's my opinion, still love the guiter solo in In Pieces (H)

gozorninplat

gozorninplat A Person

And after reading this thread I feel I need to listen to Given Up to get rid of some of this angst that's building up :p.

Tim

I kinda agree with you actually. No matter what the thread starts off talking about the discussion always regresses into a MTM bash fest with those who like the album and those who don't at each others throats. The albums only been out for four months!

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

thats very normal with every rock band that decides to go soft, maybe its a bit worse being LP such a big band

Josh_

Josh_ Active Member

If you have to trick yourself into liking the album then you probably don't like it that much.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Valentines Day is harldy emo, by any meaning of the word.

So what if he mentions Valentines Day? It's obviously a subject he needed to write about, whether it was about his wife leaving him, or a lost loved one, I don't care if it involves the words Valentines Day,
    as long as he's writing about real things, as opposed to half of Meteora, or like your average hip/hop album, I'm happy.

Besides, whether you believe the old definition of emo, or the new one, like The Used etc, Valentines Day sounds NOTHING like anything those bands have ever played.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

If that's your opinion on Valentines Day, let us know when you come back singing and dancing after your wife leaves you :rolleyes:

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think it's pretty obvious that and a couple of the other songs on the album are about Chester's divorce.

Tim

Good point.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Phoenix plays guitar on Hands Held High live, the guitar part is 3 notes that repeats for the entire song. Did you watch the Myspace webcast of the Clarkston show? There was footage from soundcheck of Phoenix practicing the guitar part.

I do agree with you on In Between, Mike's singing isn't bad at all, the song just doesn't have much substance or any real climax at all.