Billboard Charts: September 20th, 2007

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Billboard Top 200 Albums
    Minutes To Midnight - #11 (Last week - #10)
    Billboard Modern Rock Tracks
    Bleed It Out - #2 (Last week - #2)
    What I've Done - #10 (Last week - #9)
    Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks
    Bleed It Out - #5 (Last week - #5)
    What I've Done - #15 (Last week - #15)

Not much movement on this week's charts. With the debut of three major albums by Kanye West, 50 Cent, and Kenny Chesney on this weeks charts, Minutes To Midnight managed to only fall one spot to #11.

Kanye and 50 Cent both managed to beat Linkin Park's record for highest opening week sales (623,000) in 2007, however.

Everything else stayed the same as last week, with "Bleed It Out" hitting #2 and #5 on the Modern and Mainstream charts. "What I've Done" fell one spot to #10 on the Modern list, while it stayed at #15 on the Mainstream charts. The song also officially fell out of the top fifty on the Hot 100 charts.

Fear

Fear Well-Known Member

Hell yeah

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

I wonder how much longer will Bleed It Out hold on longer until it hits that valuable #1 spot on the Modern Rock Tracks chart.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Anyone know how much Kanye and 50 sold in their first weeks?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

who's kenny chesney? :confused:

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Obviously someone who doesn't sell records in Australia :lol:

murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

Kanye West's "Graduation" sold 957,000 copies during the six days ended September 16, while 50 Cent's "Curtis" trailed with 691,000.

Both passed Linkin Park :(

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I could understand Kanye selling more, he's pretty good. But I heard nothing but bad things about Curtis, and after downloading, I myself thought it sucked ass. So I don't know how the hell that happened.

I still wanted Kanye not to outsell LP though. Not because MTM is better, but I wanted to see Kanye make it a racial issue.

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

50 Cent doesnt deserve to sell as much as he did..and even pass up Linkin Park! I mean, i understand maybe Kanye, but not 50. Kudos to Linkin Park for hanging in the Top 10 as long as they did though :(..i hope they get back up there sometime soon. As everyone these days say "Fuck 50". :angry:

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I know we all have our opinions, but you really shouldn't bash 50 Cent. I know I'm not a fan of his music, but you can't just throw him down like that.

It's not a big deal that Kanye and 50 sold better. It's not surprising. They're both mainstream artists that are very popular. Don't freak out about them selling better.

Not to mention, as much as it seems like fans were hyping up about Minutes to Midnight, Linkin Park also lost sales, partially due to downloading and due to the fact that people were frustrated with Linkin Park changing their sound. 623,000 is still pretty good for the opening week, and this was a transitional record.

So, point being, don't bash, and consider the factors.

murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

Linkin Park doesn´t lost sales due to people were frustrated or something like.

They lost because of the downloads and the fact that people don´t buy Cds like years ago.

Considering the first week sales os MTM and Meteora...the difference isn´t that much...

and another thing... all this mainstream artists sells a lot in US...but in the whole world...don´t have anyone with Linkin Park sales and respect.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Agreed. LPs sales were impressive considering the album leaked like a month before-hand and these guys hadn't done anything in a while. For better or for worse, 50 Cent and Kanye West have become pop-culture icons, and their sales reflect that. LPs also been around for longer as well, so it's understandable that they'll lose some fans over that period of time. N*SYNC and the Backstreet Boys sold a ton of albums and their day. Don't hear
    much from them now do we? Album sales are meaningless... quality is what counts.

Kippers

Kippers Active Member

Graduation was leaked a few weeks before release as well, so that makes over 900,000 sold in 6 days even more impressive, heh...

My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

I might be wrong, but Linkin Park still holds the title of the best-selling album of 2007, right? I remember MTM going platinum and all, but if it's still the best-selling, Graduation may surpass it in a couple of weeks.

Kanye's upcoming singles can cause many more album sales than we may think in the following months, but I doubt it. From the sucess of "Stronger" (not to mention Kanye's constant chattering about buying the album and making him #1) I don't think there are many people who havent heard of Graduation

"Shadow of the Day" is still due in October, and it's extremely different from WID and BIO, so we might see some higher album sales for LP then, because this single can gain many more fans. If I didnt hear "Mr. Brightside", I would never have thought about listening to the Killers.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

It all depends on what the upcoming singles are. LP could release another monster hit like WID or In the End and sell another truckload of albums.
    I think it's in Warners hands at this point. I would agree with the person a few
    posts above... LP is a very worldwide band. Those guys are popular in places where a lot of western bands/artists don't even go to. I'm sure they'll be at least in the top 5 highest selling albums of '07.

Blackee Dammet

On a related note Chamillionaire should have outsold all of them.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

chamillionaire released a new album? :confused:

kali90

kali90 Member

the 50 VS Kanye thing was so hyped up and getting so much publicity so i expected them to do good but itll be really interesting to see if they go number one in 32 countries like LP did...

Blackee Dammet

Yeah and that's the problem. His new CD kicks the living crap out of 50's AND Kanye's and nobody even knows it's out. Damn shame. :(

blueeye

blueeye Well-Known Member

They are still holding great in the charts.

As for 50 Cent and Kanye selling more cds, it was expected after annoyingly over-hyped/childish "I`m better then you" press statements in the last month or two.

Anyway imo they will not out-sell LP worldwide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.