Near Death Experiences

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Andrea, Aug 18, 2003.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

- Got ran over by a car

- Fell down a steep set of stairs leading into a basement and my head came inches away from slamming into a rock wall.

- Ran from the cops with my sister in her car, we topped it out at 140 mph (and yes, we got away)

- Dropped 10 feet head first straight to concrete, but luckily I stuck out my arms to protect my head. Unluckily I shattered a bone in my right wrist and broke 2 others, and broke 3 bones in my left wrist.

- When I was born the ambilical(?) cord was wrapped around my neck and I almost suffocated. I was a purplish color for 2 days after I was born because of it.

Umm...I guess I could have been killed in some of them. :lol:

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

My sister tried to kill me with chicken when I was 1 or something. I guess thats why I hate it so much now. :lol:

When I was 8 or 9… I was riding my bike and it had no breaks. I was going down some steep hill and there was a wall at the end. I was to dumb to put my hands out to stop my head from hitting the wall so I was unconscious for about 10 minutes or something like that. Then the doctor dude said I was slightly concussed or something. It was all confusing… I don’t remember that day very well.
    Now, every month I get this small bump on my head for about 3 days. Its only really noticeable if you have known me from before it happened though.

Yea.. thats close enough to almost dying.

Sludge Factory

Sludge Factory Well-Known Member

rofl!!! :lol: :lol:

When I used to live in FL (in 1991-1993); Me, my bro, and a friend were crossing a bridge over a river, and these guys (they were about 18 years old) came up to us on the middle of the bridge. One of them lifted me up and held me over the side of the bridge by my feet. If he had slipped and let me go I would have landed on a bunch of jagged rocks at the bottom. Luckily, he put me down after about a minute. But I was scared as hell.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

well when i was 12 i was hit by a car at 80mph, i was definoughtly lucky to be alive with just a fractured shoulder and torn ligaments in the knee, and a few scars, also, when i was 8 i cycled my bike into a river :wth: cuz my breaks didnt work, and was almost swept away.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

You have a bridge on your head?

I was in a theatre during a fire, so I guess I could've died.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

I was in Lebanon for the summer, and my cousin and I were shooting off fireworks. Soon, we got bored, so we purchased these new babies that shoot wherever you point them, rocket launcher style. So you could literally point them at a deer, and kill them.

So, we went out to a chicken hen/patch behind the house, and we were launching them at the free-roaming chickens. We weren't hitting any of them, so, my cousin was still launching while I was out trying to dive after the chickens. Too bad my cousin was about to shoot the same one I was running after. I dove and grabbed hold of one of the chickens, and looked at my cousin only to hear a scream and see a ball of fire and sparks heading towards my head. I don't know how I got out of the way, my friends said it looked like some Matrix outtake, but I had put the chicken infront of my face and used my feet to get out the way. I didn't even have a scratch on me...

--------------------------------

Another time in Lebanon, I was with the same cousin as I mentioned above, and I was about 11, he was about 8 or 9 years old. We were about to go out picking some food and stuff, berries, and maybe do some hunting. So we ran out to the pickup and sat in it. Then all of a sudden, my crazy little cousin wanted to back the car up for my uncle and he's like "I'll just release the break and we can use the wheel to get the pickup where we want." So we did. But his house is weirdly landscaped, and there is a huge cliff not 30 feet away from the house, which leads down to mountains and such (where we were gonna go if we waited about 5 minutes). So he released the breaks, only to notice that the wheel doesn't move how he wanted and we kept going straight towards the cliff. "Put the breaks! Put them! Put! Pu-" The car stopped and we hopped out and noticed it was like 2 feet from the edge, and his dad came out not knowing a thing saying, "Wow, I parked wrong"

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Wow! :eek:

A lot of you have had close calls with death. :wth: