Atlantis?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by El Muerto, Aug 13, 2007.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

What? It's not because something is not science that it's mythology... Plato did not believe in minotaurs...

Nevermind, though.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The main reason experts don't believe everything Plato wrote is that his Aristotel is much different from the way every other writer presented and described him not because of what he beleved in or not.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I'm just agreeing with what Dart said. Things that were said hundreds or thousands of years ago are, more often than not, not applicable to the modern world. Philosophy is different because it is somewhat elastic in nature.

Yes, I know Plato didn't believe in Minotaurs, I was just stating that people believed in some strange things back then. :lol:

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

:lol: Yeah sure, but their society was so much more advanced than some societies today...

El Muerto

While we're at that, people still believe in many things you can call strange :)

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

*cough Gravitation cough* :lol:

nah, but I totally agree...

El Muerto

Dart

Dart Well-Known Member

the actual problem with atlantis is that scientists think it would sink all their theories about the evolution of the human race...we think that the evolution of the human race is linear,meaning that it continues in one line...australopitecus,homo erectus,homo habilis,homo sapiens...their bad is that the existence of the atlantidians wouldn't mean that the human race evolved differently from what we think,just that some of us evolved faster...like europeans evolved in a technological(but not spiritual) sense faster than indians...just an example...anyway,it's way too complicated to be explained in just one post

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

I think I know what you mean...makes sense...Like the different cultures evolved seperately and unequaly, is what you're saying, right?

El Muerto

Well I thought different cultures did evolve seperately and unequaly :blink:

And no one said that Atlantida was THAT advanced. They were just extraordinary rich and had strong military forces.

Dart

Dart Well-Known Member

@ mr.nobody-that's it
    @-dušan-i aimed more at the spiritual aspect...as if they knew mother earth so much better than we do...there are speculations that they used some kind of acoustic levitation-nowadays,an approved science as far as i know...try looking it up on wikipedia,it should be there