Shadow of the Day Video Premiere

Discussion in 'News' started by Astat, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHW42

CHW42 Well-Known Member

I think the real thing behind the video is that the world is gonna end...like that other guy said. It all makes sense...

1. War Zone
    2. The Fire
    3. 11:55 PM + 4:49 song...almost to 12:00 AM, hence the album name Minutes To Midnight, referring to the doomsday clock.
    4. What I've Done showcased how much LP thinks the world is gonna end
    5. Who knows...maybe a nuclear bomb gets dropped in the video...but ya just don't see it ;).

2. thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

I know but why would LP make a video about the world ending? Chester's intro commentary he said that the song gives them a feeling about losing someone in death, so it would make sense to talk about suicide or the sudden loss of somebody with the video, the world ending doesn't really make sense with what the song was trying to convey from the beginning...

I think the setting is not as straight forward as it seems, i think its more of a metaphor for whats going on in Chester's head. Why is it that hes walking down the street and is completely unharmed? Why is it that hes the ONLY member in the vid? There was a purpose, and by just having Chester is has more to do with 1 person, not the world.

If I had to bet I would bet on that, but as I said earlier I can be way off , but thats my 2 cents ;)

3. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Chester possibly represents the average person in modern western civilization. He doesn't care about whats going on around him because he can't do anything to stop it thus he is unharmed. It is emphasized with his waking rituals - he has his own life and he will commit to that life to survive. He rather represents the modern western world, because there is a clear debate on whether we are civilized.

4. Tech Artist

Tech Artist Active Member

Pretty good video. I love the feel of it and the theme to it. Definitely fits the song. Nice work LP!

5. agapong

agapong New Member

I'm a little disappointed actually because the ending was really anti-climatic. Like you expected something happen but instead its just him emoing. And for a song like shadow of the day I actually expected some sort of interesting plot about breakup, but instead its a war video that is is frankly a little aimless. I know the gloomy, fragmented nature of the world in the video captures the feel of the album but...it doesn't capture the essence of the song or make me want to watch the video like 97432079 times like I did for papercut or numb. Bah lately I've been having to search for reasons to like the joe hahn's videos instead of being totally stoked at the first watch.

Chester alone was an interesting choice though. But it would have been cool for the band to make cameo appearances. Like heyho thats phoenix throwing a molotov at rob! Or dang is that...brad's afro?

6. Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Personally, I think that the video was awesome. In parts, the sfx was a bit overpowering but in other parts I feel it worked really well.

I feel that this video is one of the strongest the band has done. Mainly because I feel that there's something to it that most of their other videos lack. It seems to have some direction, unlike OSC, Papercut, Faint and SIB.

7. The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

In my opinion, this is LP's worst video (tied with BIO). The opening was completely unnecessary and boring, and it did not improve much once he went outside. I mean, they dont give you a reason for everyone to be rioting. I think it would have more impact if we knew what was going on. Also, the sound effects really distracted from the song.

8. silve2

silve2 Banned

Love the song, love the video. Chaz is awesome!

9. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"from the inside" didn't give a reason behind the rioting. :rolleyes:

10. Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

i actually like this video,big improvement from bio but it would have been nice to see the rest of the band in there too

11. Fear

Fear Well-Known Member

People seem to not like the sound effects, but for me, they made the video so much more powerful and awesome.

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

One big QFT right there.

13. Beca

Beca Plug in baby.

Wow i forgot they were making a video for this lmao. The vid is awesome.

14. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Squared.

15. Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

I think it WOULD have been a great video if Chester slowly turned around when the high pitched part of the guitar solo came and you saw the band standing behind him playing and the sun rising in the background. And as the suns light touches the people they drop their weapons.

16. mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

:lol: that would have been so cliché I would've...I don't know, but I'd do something if that happened.

17. User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Cubed.

18. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Blocked.

19. My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

[​IMG]

20. Deewy

Deewy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.