LP May Begin Writing New Material Soon

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Aug 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

According to an NME.com interview with Chester Bennington, new material may be in the works in a few months time. Apparently the band is starting to get sick of playing the new songs night in and out, saying they're getting old, and that usually when they begin to get sick of something, they begin writing new material. Chester explained how the creative process starts once the music becomes monotonous and boring to play, which means new Linkin Park material may be on the way for as early as a one and a half years from two months from now, permitting that Chester will be healed enough to go into the studio after surgery. It was also revealed that after the tour ends in early spring 2004, Chester will be getting surgery on his hiatal hernia and may be sidelined for awhile. With each night that goes by, with Chester screaming his lungs out, the hernia gets worse, which means surgery needs to be as soon as possible.

To read the full NME.com interview, click here.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

the real follow up to hybrid theory hopefully...

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

I so can't wait

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

hmmm...I guess that's great news. :mellow:

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Hopefully the album will be just as good, if not better than HT. I'm not saying that Meteora is horrible, because it was good, just slightly dissapointing.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I hope they have more tracks on this one and dude, what's with Chester waiting so damn long to get that surgery?

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

I hope nothing happens to Chester, I could wait forever till the next LP album but Instaed of getting my hands on it, I'd rather like to know that Chester is ok :D BUT I CANT WAIT TILL THE NEXT ALBUM and I cant beleave how much Chester loves his fans to still be singing through this hard time with his hernia even though he walked right past me when I asked him to sign my shirt :D

Gaabjuh

Gaabjuh Ambient

im very happy.. :D :D

Meteora was getting a little bit boring to listen to everyday 4 times...

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

meteora never had those tunes u can listen to over and over, hybrid theory does, and thats why its still not boring, and now even the band can see they didnt do as well as they can on meteora, so hopefully album #3 will be another classic

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

In a way, this is good news. In a way, this is bad news. You get my drift.

Ander

maybe hes a big fraidy-cat :p . the kings of all things intense has to have an achillies heel.

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

Well this is good news...and bad news, but hopefully that album will come out soon :p I just hope Chester gets that damn surgery soon before he injures himself more.

Super Xero

Super Xero Well-Known Member

I think this has been blown WAY out or proportion. First off Chester never said he was "sick of playing these songs.

"We haven't started to record yet so we're just getting used to playing the new stuff. It's now starting to get a bit old to us, so once that happens it when the creative process starts"

Read that. ONCE THAT HAPPENS. It has hasn't happened yet. He's giving a rough time on when the band is going to start writing new material. I'm also doubting the authenticity of this interview..

Don't hold your breath for a new album anytime soon. It takes time to create one and I doubt they want to rush anything.

What..the..####. LISTEN TO OTHER BANDS.

Mark

I think YOU blew it way out of proportion. He did say "it's getting old to us", which means that they're losing some interest in it day after day of playing it.

Secondly, he said nothing about having a new album coming out soon. New material may be written soon, but that doesn't not mean there's going to be an album soon. SO READ that.

Seriously man, calm the hell down. NME.com is a very reliable source, one of the most authentic out there. You don't need to blow what you think of this news post out of proportion, either. If you don't like the news we're posting, then please find us some news that we can post. Because this is up to date and we're only trying to give you every little bit of news there's out there.

I'm getting kinda sick of Meteora, so bite my head off for it, why don't you? Meteora may have the screaming, harder riffs and all that good stuff, but it lacks the depth in the lyrics that Hybrid Theory had.

Ander

i believe that, but read their other reviews on LP's stuff :rolleyes: . authentic and reliable, but not professional.

Mark

i believe that, but read their other reviews on LP's stuff :rolleyes: . authentic and reliable, but not professional. [/b][/quote]
    ahhh, i've always found them to be professional, i guess it's a personal thing per different person.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Hmm, this is good news I guess. I mean although they may be writing new stuff, a new Cd probably wouldn't pop out until at least mid-2005. I don't know why so many people dislike Meteora so much, i find it better to listen to than HT. I see Meteora as LP pretty much accomplishing whatever they didn't do on HT. Plus they experimented with a few things like having a samples in some songs, or using live orchestras. I mean i guess i can see how so many people dislike the lyrics on Meteora. But really they are kinda like the lyrics of HT, most pf the songs contain the basic idea of being hurt emotionally or physically. So i wouldn't mind in the future seeing them making songs up around other idea's. Not that the ones they used on HT and Metoera were bad just that after two full discs of it, it can get pretty boring and repetitive.

soloudandhott

soloudandhott Member

WOW...im happy that they might start writin new stuff..this really good news!!! :D I also hope that Chazy's surgery will go well....YAY..im happy fo LP...hope they dotn get too stressed out though :wth:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Apparently you can't read. It says "It's now starting to get a bit old to us" right in front of it. :rolleyes:

WTH>You

WTH>You Banned

This is the most worst news I've ever heard.

Apparently the band is starting to get sick of playing the new songs night in and out, saying they're getting old,

They played Hybrid Theory for 3 years. They need to grow up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.