Possible story hidden in Meteora?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Shrazer235, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Shrazer235

Shrazer235 Well-Known Member

Someone said that I was the only person they heard say that there was a story somewhere around Meteora, and I felt that I should explain why. I also thought it should go here and not in a thread at the latest news section.

- "Don't Stay" expresses depression caused by one person to another, and wishing for them to leave, thus curing the one of the depression.
    - "Somewhere I Belong" seems to express what happens after the person leaves, and the one seeking for a new purpose.
    - "Lying From You" is basically an interlude.
    - "Hit The Floor" is the answer to the question in Somewhere I Belong: "What is my purpose now?" That purpose happens to be putting an end to that person to prevent anyone else being hurt like the original victum or threatening them about doing it again.
    - "Easier To Run" is reflecting back on HTF, and wishing to take it back, but not being able to; therefore, running away.
    - "Faint" is "I'm on my own, and things'll never be the same."
    - "Figure.09" seems to be expressing that when you terorize someone so, it haunts you, so in Figure.09, it's the one person losing it and wanting to be away from the one who originally was the victumizer.
    - "Breaking The Habit" seems to be more of an interlude.
    - "From The Inside" is relizing that the victum cannot trust themselves w/ that person (as said in the chorus obviously).
    - "Nobody's Listening" seems as though to be telling that time has pasted since HTF, and now the victumizer has gone at it again and the original victum is trying to warn others not to go near that person, but nobody listens,
    - "Session": interlude.
    - "Numb"'s more of an interlude to me, but I guess it can also work by expressing that the one person has fallen victum again.

That's just what I think. There's probably others who have different opinions about it, but this is what I think of the album.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

That's not a story

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I think they're all just the same shitty teen-angst themed lyrics in every song so it has the illusion that they all are related.

Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Huh. I guess it's all connected, but not really a story, I don't think.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I like how you just called "interlude" the songs you couldn't find a meaning for.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

WTF you talking about I use interlude in my stories all the time.

Papercut - A guy gets a papercut.
    One Step Closer - Interlude
    With You - Interlude
    Points of Authority - It's about the point of the paper that cut the guy.
    Crawling - The bacteria from the papercut is crawling in his skin, these wounds he cannot heal. He doesn't have a bandaid.
    Runaway - Interlude
    By Myself - WTF is there a song about being with somebody at one point and at the other point the guy is by himself? I'm just going to write this in as an interlude.
    In The End - I tried so hard, I got so far, but in the end, I still have a papercut. Nope? Interlude.
    A Place For My Head - I guess the dude got papercut on their head? Interlude.
    Forgotten - I completely forgot I had a papercut.
    Cure For The Itch - That cut is itchy now.
    Pushing Me Away - Interlude.

Bleed-It-Out

Bleed-It-Out Well-Known Member

LOL ^ LOVE IT

Will

:lol:

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

You win one internet. :lol:

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Exactly what I thought. No offence Shrazer.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

You are God. :lol:

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

:lol:

Kippers

Kippers Active Member

lmao! XD It makes so much sense! lol

As for the Meteora 'story'...I don't think so imo.

erving.09

erving.09 Active Member

Its a good way to see it, but i dont think that LP wanted to do something like that from the beginning, its just a simple coincidence that you found maybe:p

and for this: lol a good one...

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I don't see Meteora as a concept album. There are some omnipresent themes, sure, but this is true with most albums. Meteora dealt with feeling alone, feeling hurt and betrayed, and having a hard time controlling your own actions (as Zak said, basic teen angst). These do form the basis of pretty much every song, but that doesn't mean they make a chronological story.

You could probably do what you just did for almost any CD out there.

Fear

Fear Well-Known Member

There's no story in the lyrics, all you did was compare the lyrics to try and make them seem like there was some sort of story, when there isn't. All the songs have a somewhat different meaning to them that aren't linked, and besides, no same person really relates to the lyrics in the same way. For instance, while someone may see Don't Stay as a negative song, another may see it as a positive song, depending on how you relate to it.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

QFT. Someone buy this guy a drink. :lol:

Shrazer235

Shrazer235 Well-Known Member

Then what would it be?

They sound more like they could be connected, but not illusionated.

Thank you.

:lol: I needed that laugh. I never thought of the HT album being like that. Course, that is quite stupid (not literally or in a bad way) when you consider the lyrics to the songs. I still like the laugh though.

None taken or thought of. In "coincedently ploted stories", if you look/watch carefully and pay attention, you can find little "interludes" here and there.

xD It DOES makes sense, but for the Meteora one, I was being serious, not screwing around.

Ya never know, but I do think it's more of a coincidence.

Could be, but everyone calls ALL rock music "teenage angst", so it's kinda lost it's meaning to me. Besides, all teens are appearently known as is emos. But, I doubt I could do this with almost any CD. I couldn't with HT, MTM, CC (like that actually matters though), HTEP, or any of the other albums I have.

I could of, but not consciencely.

And Don't Stay is very positive for me, because I've already gotten more than my fair share of crap in the new school year, and I can relate to the song quite a bit.

Ha ha, yeah.

Will

You do realize almost everyone in this thread said your idea has absolutely no backing/makes absolutely no sense right? Not a single person agreed with you.

And also, I wasn't being serious when I said I liked how you just called "interlude" the songs you couldn't relate to the rest of the "story," which was more than half of them, therefore the story isn't throughout the whole album, shooting your idea in the foot right off the bat.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I'm locking this now before it spirals down into the depths of hell......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.