Can you sing?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Steph, Aug 19, 2003.

Steph

Steph Ambient

I think that LP helped inspire me, but I can't give them all the credit, but they are the majority. What happened to you voice?

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

LP didn't really inspire me persay, but they did help me with my songwriting skills. I did get many ideas from their music. It also made me realize girls don't sound as good when they scream out lyrics :*(

Steph

Steph Ambient

yeah......I found that out also :lol: :p

LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Me sing? Well sortof.

whenthisbegan

whenthisbegan Well-Known Member

As weird as it might sound, I sound the best with Mariah Carey when I sing along with her songs. Or Alanis Morissette.

Steph

Steph Ambient

Alanis, used to be one of my role madels, but I don't know what happened with that :wth:

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

Alanis was naked in one of her vids. *giggles*

Anyways, I can sing the words squish over and over in a nice beat while ants die. :shifty:

Steph

Steph Ambient

:lol: :lol: :lol:

StiRofEck0s

StiRofEck0s Well-Known Member

i can sing. and i guess i'm pretty good because i've sung on a few songs that some of my friends bands asked me to. i enjoy singing, so that's all that matters :D

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I still remember, last year I was with my band and we wanted to play OSC for the schools talent show, and i originally was going to play guitar until we listened to OSC and our drummer (who started the band) noticed that I sounded like Chester. He had everyone stay quiet and me sing alone (which i dread) and had me sing it. When the song was over, everyone was quiet and the only thing the drummer Pete said was "We have a singer. Thats it." It was one of those you-had-to-be-there moments.

Steph

Steph Ambient

dude!!Thats awesome.....did you guys get to perform? I would love to sing in front of a audience!

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i wanna hear some of u guys bands

Steph

Steph Ambient

I wish I had a band, nobody where I live is even moderatly intrested in starting one.......guess I do it solo :lol: Although I don't want another chik in the band......and I don't want to be the only singer.... too much attention....

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

I'm planning on forming a band up at college ^^ that is if I can balance rehearsals with my schoolwork.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Okay everyone, here's my old group: Gentlemen Distinction, doing a Shai cover of "Yours." The lead singer's name is Lionel:

Gentlemen Distinction - Yours

[Right Click, Save Target As...]

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I... Can rap... Ironicly I dislike rap... How weird.

My singing depends on my adrennaline at the time. When I'm seriously psyched and my body is all crazy, my voice can become as heavy as Mudvayne, or Slipknot, and if I'm just setteled, it's more like Punk, or Alternative... or just rap. Mostly it's just a 'rap' voice because my voice can only take so much before it craps out on me :lol:.

fun at the gallows

fun at the gallows Member

I used to have an OK voice before I had my tonsils out (before I was told I sounded like Daria when I spoke, now I'm told I sound like Courtney Love on an extreme heroin binge). Now I just sound horribly weak. Not really sure about what I can do about that (suggestions?). I would LOVE to start a band though, putting aside the fact that I can't sing or play an instrument... :(

Steph

Steph Ambient

just keep singing (*even if you think you suck*) It'll help build your vocals up.

Alexis

Alexis Extremely H! Vltg3

I've been singing since I was very small, and I've played the lead part in two musicals and I was in the city choir for 4 years.... I also sing in 3 bands....And I'm in voice. So I guess you could say I do? Hehehe. I love to sing, it's probably what I enjoy the most in my life right now because when I sing, it's like a natural high (woooaahh! I know! :p) and I can feel great, I don't worry and I have a major stress problem around school...And singing relieves it. I have a soprano voice but I can sing lower...I also scream lol. Haha, not like Chester because girls' voice doing that just isn't that same..More like Amy Lee in Tourniquet (when she yelps I LONG TO DIIIEEE).... I don't know if I'm good, I guess maybe I am because everybody I sing for (and I'll sing for anyone who will stop to listen....And the ones that don't :p) says I am and three different bands want me to sing vocals? Meh...I sound sort of exactly like Amy Lee but I'm trying not to, because I want to have an original voice.

Steph

Steph Ambient

lol..Thats great!! I was wondering when you were gonna post in this threa :p :lol:
    I don't wanna copy everybodys singing either......but I do sound like some singers, And I get what you mean on the whole Chaz screaming thing......I can "sing-scream" but not like him..... :lol: