Billboard Charts: November 15th, 2007

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Billboard Top 200 Albums
    Minutes To Midnight - #47 (Last week - #46)
    Billboard Modern Rock Tracks
    Bleed It Out - #6 (Last week - #4)
    Shadow of the Day - #11 (Last week - #14)
    Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks
    Bleed It Out - #9 (Last week - #10)

Minutes To Midnight is on the verge of dipping out of the top fifty spots on the Top 200 Albums charts, and will do so unless "Shadow of the Day" starts picking up airplay on Modern Rock and Mainstream Rock radio.

Speaking of which, SOTD jumped three spots to #11 on the Modern Rock charts but hasn't cracked the top twenty on the Mainstream Rock tallies.

Fear

Fear Well-Known Member

LP should drop Given Up as a single!

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I've got a feeling the next single is going to be either "Given Up" or "No More Sorrow."

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I honestly haven't even heard SOTD on the radio around here yet, but I rarely listen to the radio anyway.

As for MTM, I honestly didn't think it would do as well as it has been doing. I figured it would fall out of the charts in 3-4 months, but it's still in the top 50
    after 6 months. Not too shabby. :lol:

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I agree. It's either Given Up or No More Sorrow that's going to come next.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Over here in Vancouver, SOTD has been getting a lot of radio play. Personally though, not my favourite track off the album. I think that No More Sorrow, and Leave Out All The Rest would help out the band a lot more.

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

SOTD was a bad choice from the beginning, IMO, even if it does continue to rise up the charts.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Yea, Given Up or No More Sorrow next.
    They gotta try something new, release a heavy single.

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

yeah, i would love to see a "Given Up" video, lol..that would be cool, yet different to see the violent side of Linkin Park..and "No More Sorrow" should be the single for next year since the presidential election will be up then.

Elybe

Elybe Member

Even though they're down one spot on the chart, their sales actually increased a bit from last week (from 17,521 to 17,954).

Also, SOTD was just released a month ago and it's still climbing the charts. It takes time before a song makes enough of an impression on radio to affect album sales, especially if that song doesn't fly up the charts right out of the gate. Not every song they release can become an instant hit. SOTD is just now starting to increase in downloads and it just debuted on the Hot 100. I wouldn't write it off unless it starts entering the top-10 of at least two formats and MtM still doesn't see an improvement.

The upcoming holiday shopping season should increase sales, and if SOTD becomes a hit, it may help reduce the dive the album takes during the January sales slump. Anything beyond that depends on how their remaining singles do. In my opinion, the best songs on MtM are still waiting to be released.

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

French radios play SOTD a lot more than the two other singles but it doesn't seem to change the album sales. However I think Given Up or NMS could really boost the sales.

vampirekittenLP

vampirekittenLP Well-Known Member

yeah given up should be the next one, though i would love to see a video for in pieces >_<
    honestly, i didnt like SOTD at first but its realy grown on me,, speciall y after the cool video ^_^

lp_supastar

lp_supastar Member

In Australia, SOTD is doing a littl bit better than that actually. It was #5 of Nova last night and it doesn't even get played that much. I think people might start to see it here as the new "Numb" *shudders and prays the radio to not kill a cool song*.

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

No more sorrow could make a good run on the modern rock charts but leave out all the rest could either score a top 40 hit or be a complete bust so it's a risk

vampirekittenLP

vampirekittenLP Well-Known Member

damn. i realised that lp have said theyre having leave out all the rest as a single. so looks like maybe in pieces nor given up would be a single :(
    unless of course they do more then 4 singles. i dunno.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.