Chiodos added to US Headline Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Astat, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I've noticed that too. I don't really like it.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I think people just need to accept the fact that bands change their style and who they associate with in order to stay current with what's popular. Any band that's had a long history has gone through major changes at some point. You could easily argue that back in 2001, LP was touring with "scene bands," i.e. bands that were popular at the time, by touring with P.O.D., Deftones, Taproot, Staind, etc...but none of those bands are really at the forefront of the musical scene anymore. Bands like Coheed and Cambria, My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, etc., are what's big now.

Not only is nu-metal not popular anymore, neither is touring with nu-metal bands.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I don't really think C&C are part of the "scene"...LP are probably closer to it than they are. I love a lot of bands LP tour with (Saosin, MCR, Placebo, Julien-K, Madina Lake) and don't mind most of the others (HIM, Taking Back Sunday, Coheed and Cambria, Chidios)...I just feel LP could pick bands that were a bit closer to their own style.

monkey030306

monkey030306 Well-Known Member

hey who knows i might come out liking them two bands.... who knows.... i started liking the confession from the A7X show... :lol:

elie

elie Well-Known Member

Haha, please, pray tell, what is LP's style?

Chiodos puts on a sick live show. I'm not even a crazy fan, I just happened to be at Warped Tour, their stage was packed, the kids were wild, and they had kids half a mile out into the crowd bouncing and moshing and singing along. If they bring their audience to LP, and vice versa, it's a beautiful thing, sharing of music.

Only thing i'm surprised about is how many people seem to need a pacifier every time their demigods get associated with something that is not of their style.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

You are my motherfucking hero for that sentence right there.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Hey, I don't DISLIKE Chiodos, and a lot of other bands LP tours with. I was rather ecstatic when I heard MCR were on PR'07 and it was coming to Toronto. I just found Linkin Park in general was a bit more of an aggressive band with a harder edge than most of whom they are touring with, and it would have been nice to see that reflected.

LP are alt. rock more or less...and they seem to be touring primarily with pop-punk, screamo, etc. bands.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Coheed and Cambria are very much a part of the scene.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

If LP picked bands closer to their style, it'd be one boring ass show.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Exactly. Have you seen who some of LP's former touring mates are touring with now? Papa Roach is touring with bands like Hinder and Buckcherry. The Deftones have toured with bands like The Fall of Troy and From First to Last. Slipknot toured with nothing but metalcore bands like As I Lay Dying and Unearth in their last touring cycle. Times change, bands change... we're just going to have to get used to it. Doesn't matter to me since this tour doesn't come anywhere near me, but I digress. :lol:

bunn78

bunn78 Active Member

meh,
    who cares who they tour with.
    In a year or two it will be different bands and people will complain about them.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

If Chiodos are anything like Coheed, then that's pretty cool I reckon. Something different to see live at least.
    I'd hardly say Chiodos or Coheed are 'scene'.
    If you have a problem with popular bands wtf are you going to a Linkin Park concert for?

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I'll go with an open mind altough i'm not too sure if i'll like them or not but i'll give it a shot

mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

agreed..chiodos is of a different style in that obviously theres no rapper in the band, or no dj. but yeah really, how many different bands are out there that people will actually pay to see nowadays that are like linkin park? papa roach/limp bizkit comes to mind. and where the hell are they now? bottom line is lp's a commercialized band, they wanna appeal to the masses. i've listened to chiodos a little. but i gotta say when they sunk there hands in bamboozle with thrice and tbs....i nearly creamed myself when i was right there.

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

What is Chiodos genre anyways?

Will

Chiodos is post-hardcore.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

You'll see people throw around a lot of different genres for them. Will's pretty much right with post-hardcore, but they more or less get lumped into that whole big group of "scene" bands that get a lot of "emo/screamo" labels thrown their way...basically any type of genre you can think of that ends in a variation of "core" or "emo," you'll see that associated with them.

Honestly, to me they sound a lot like Coheed and Cambria, just without the progressive storyline elements in the music, and more screaming.

Will

Their new album is more post-punk than post-hardcore though.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Well I guess I'll be the only person at the show for all three bands, being a huge fan of all three.

Will

I think I'd go for all three, too. I haven't seen Linkin Park since 2004.

I hate when people pay good money for the entire concert and only watch one or two of the five or six bands that play. It's a waste of money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.