Valentine's Day - Still due for live performance & Opinions

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Xenogenesis, Dec 15, 2007.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"valentine's day" is one of my top favourites on "minutes to midnight", along with "no more sorrow" -- and i could see it live. mike could have brad play the piano part during the [breakdown] while he does rhythm guitar, and, then, do harmony with chester during the bridge before going into the verse, leaving phoenix (always a winning solution! haha) to do the harmony with chester. :D

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

Should have thought that one through haha

Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

I hope they'll play Valentine's day later. And I don't think Breaking The Habit wasn't played because of emotion it was just because a lot of stronger songs which are more fun to play live were done first.

And now to In Pieces. Who the hell is Sam and why do you belive it has anything to do with him? I think it's his last marrige.

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

In Between should only be played during the intro for a song, maybe before Leave Out All The Rest. Have Mike singing a verse, maybe add a few more elements to the beat, then kick in the LOATR's beat and start the song.

As for Valentine's Day, a lot of people like the song I don't know why people on online forums hate on it. It'll definantly be played, and seeing how the arena tour coincides around Valentines day it'll be a perfect time to debut it. Although i really hope on the bridge they get more then just Chester and Mike to sing. I think it would be cool, if Chester sang the valentine day line, and Mike and Phoenix sung the " i used to be my own protection, but not now..." etc etc Chester sounded awesome on that part during the song, it sounded very my decemberish, but he can't sing both parts of the bridge by himself, so mike is going to have to step up. The only thing I don't like about Mike is that he doesn't really project into the mic well, i feel like if this song is performed live its going to be similar to TLTGYA, with Chester doing thing with the Valentine day line, and Mike saying the lines " i used to be my own protection.." and so on very subtly into the mic similar to TLTGYA where you can barely even hear him say " little things give you away, little things.." and don't get me stated on the " all you've ever wanted was some to truly look up to you" part, thats barely audible. If they don't do the bridge well live that would kill the energy at the end of the song, because the song is really centered around the buildup, so if they don't nail the end its not going to sound as good as it should sound.

Also heres an idea although I feel liek a lot of people are not going to like it. What if they had the studio versions part for the Valentines day line OR the " i used to be my own protection " line played via Mr Hahn clicking on some button haha, and Chester sang the other half of the bridge live? I think the song is only going to sound good if Chester sings it on his own, his vocals on the bridge were amazing, having Mike sing one of those parts is going to hurt the song in my opinion

lol Sam's short for Samantha, Chester's ex-wife

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
    Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

They'll bust it out around Valentines Day, no doubts about that.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I really want to hear this song live. And I think mike would be good with the harmanizing.

Josh_

Josh_ Active Member

Good, cause I got floor tickets to the concert in Saint Paul on February 13th :D

Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Me either. I don't know what's up with that. On a side note I think on YouTube there's a Valentine's Day video (just the song and a picture to stare at, nothing more) attracted more views than songs like In Pieces (which in my opinion is godly) and Leave Out All The Rest. But I'm not entirely sure. I still can't decide whether or not people generally favour or hate the song, it seems more like half-half at the moment.

LpHDFan

LpHDFan Well-Known Member

Well as Astat said they probably won't play the clean guitar intro [in the final chorus] and as for the piano Joe could do that aswell as the samples live. Mike and Brad on guitars and everything is settled. Maybe they'll only play it on Febuary 14 each year but I doubt it.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
    lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

Wha? :blink::ermm:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

so can anyone check out the clips on youTube and determine the technical aspects of a performance of "valentine's day"? like, does phoenix harmonise with chester during the bridge while mike does the verse part? and does mike play piano and rhythm guitar at the same time? :D 'cause that would be truly amazing. i can't make out anything in those videos ...

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Phoenix doesn't do any vocals on Valentine's Day. The ending is just Chester singing "on a Valentine's Day" and Mike singing the "I used to be..." part. Mike only plays piano during the little piano interlude in the bridge, he's on guitar a little bit before that and all of the end of the song.

erving.09

erving.09 Active Member

i was thinkin that valentine's day could be the next single this February :p and eventually be played live but since i read news about given up i dicarded that idea. Anyway i still thinkin that if they going to play it live it will be in the valentine month.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

...Did you even bother to read the last few posts? They've been playing Valentine's Day at recent shows.

erving.09

erving.09 Active Member

upps sorry i only read the first page...