Linkin Hero

Discussion in 'News' started by Todd, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm currently 16th overall on Medium for Guitar Hero 2. <_< If I'm not on an LP-related site, I'm usually on Scorehero.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Are you strumming down only, or going up and down? When you strum up and down on those parts, it's really simple.

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

is there a special guitar for those games ?

and where can i find it ? i don't think i can find it in my country :lol:
    so if there is ... please give me a link at least

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Any video game store should have it.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I couldn't agree with you more. Guitar Hero 3 isn't that bad by any means, but Harmonix should have made the game, not Neversoft. You can tell that the game wasn't made by guys who love music (most of the guys in Harmonix are also in bands), not to mention that most of the music jokes/stereotypes have all but disappeared.

Another thing that irks me about the game is that some of the animations are used on multiple characters. Tom Morello and Grim Ripper both have the same animation, as well as God of Rock and Axel Steel. The animations when you complete a song don't change much (there's only two for each character, it looks like). Let's not forget that they got rid of Eddie Knox, Pandora, Clive Winston in favor of a couple of real people, a boss, and a "rock god".

Oh, and getting whats-his-face from Poison to do the animations for the vocalist was the biggest mistake they could have made. This isn't the 80's, and vocalists are a lot crazier than a few kicks in the air. Then again, I've AOF, Cancer Bats, Every Time I Die, Taking Back Sunday, underoath, and Billy Talent live, so I could be a bit biased.

Well, that's all I have to say on that.

jman200416

jman200416 Member

Haven't posted here in awhile, thought I'd pop in and add my two cents, I'm a GH/Rock band whore. :p

The song is really easy on Expert, haven't FC'd it yet. Best I've done is about 98% of the notes and a little over 400k for the score. Haven't played GH3 for a month, popped it back in for this.

I would have to agree that Harmonix has the formula down. Been playing 'Rock Band', definately the better of the two. Guitar isn't nearly as hard (going with a more realistic approach ie. no extra notes to add difficulty), but damn, the drums more than make up for it.

To those with the 360 version, gamertag is jman200416... always looking for a challenge. :)

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

boy No More Sorrow gets you a shitload of points if you FC it (that german guy in the video got like 504k). On my first try I got 380k with 98% notes hit (on expert).

I just made a ScoreHero account and tell me, why should I manually input all my scores when I already have my gamertag linked with guitarhero.com. I mean the obvious benefits are ways to compare yourself to others and more ways to view data (sort by rank, percentage, score). Is there any other reason why I should use ScoreHero?

GigaScythe

GigaScythe Well-Known Member

I just see Guitar Hero as DDR for your fingers ~_O

Maybe I don't appreciate its finer points since I haven't actually played it.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That's pretty much what it is. :lol:

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

i dont know what your problems are with this game.
    in my view its by far the best game of the series. the tracklist is absolutely awesome and the gameplay just rules so bad. ok, it got harder, but you know what? slayer IS very hard to play in real life, get over it.
    and i can just hardly laugh at people who complain about animations and moves of the characters... come on guys, you have a look on the notes and not on the background. in the end it's about us, the players, rocking out hard and entertain the people around, sorry if you just stand around...
    the multiplayer-modes are very cool and it is such a great party game overall, that i cant understand all this bitching.

Astat

The random nature of the powerups in the boss battles have turned what was a game of skill into a game of luck. Also, the game shipped with a ton of bugs in both the controllers and the game itself (a ton of people who bought the game the day it launched had unfixable lag between the controller and the game itself). The notecharts are laughably unrealistic in spots (something that was never a problem in the Harmonix GH games), and the hammer-on/pulloff window has been increased to the point that you can keep a combo going by randomly flailing on the buttons sometimes. It's actually EASIER than the earlier games were.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

the random power ups are no problem except for lou's battle. the other battles are so easy that you just need one or two power ups to win. when playing multiplayer everything BUT random power-ups would really suck because that is the fun part while battling each other.
    i heard from the bugs with the new guitar controller, thats of course a bad thing, but rather a hardware mistake than something to blame on the game.
    the expanded HO and PO window is a really cool feature. it's not that much more but it brings so much more fun. in the end guitar hero is a party game and it rocks so bad to get your way through all these solos and nail them. it's not too easy, it's rather a big addition to the fun of the game.
    there are some songs that are damn hard, slayer for example, but it's ok to have some songs where you have to put some work into. damn hard doesnt mean impossible by any means.
    overall the difficulty was increased, everything else mentioned is just wrong. i dont know about medium or easy because i havent played those difficulties (except for slipknot on medium -> FC), but starting with hard, there is some crazy shit going on. "muse" has a weird 7/8 kind of thing in the end, as for "slayer", let me just say mosh part 1 and "in flames"' song is ridiculously hard and bad, not to mention "dragonforce" of course. from what i saw on youtube, i wont play expert for a long time. i just saw "disturbed"'s stricken on expert and it has the craziest three-chord changes i've ever seen in any guitar hero game.

everyone who knows this game agree's that it got much harder from GH2 to GH3. thank god they expanded the HO and PO's a bit :)

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Until I got to the last set, GH3 hard didn't give me nearly as much trouble as GH2 on hard did. I think overall, it's easier until you hit Slayer and Metallica.

I still get annoyed with Knights of Cydonia because I don't think half of those notes are even guitars, I think it's keyboards or synthesizers or something.....

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The problem with GH3 is that it's basically more of the same. From GH1 to GH2, there was a helluva lot more on the side of improvements in gameplay and whatnot. Harmonix took a fun game and made it even more fun. I mean, you can't get as fun as Less Talk More Rokk.

From GH2 to GH3, the basic 'improvement' that has been implemented is just 'make it harder.' That doesn't necessarily make it fun. I can probably count on 1 hand the number of songs I actually enjoyed playing expert in GH3 (Knights of Cydonia, One, Prayer of the Refugee, Through The Fire And Flames). There are some songs that are just unnecessarily WTF.

That's the difference between Harmonix' Guitar Hero and Neversoft's Guitar Hero. Harmonix knew how to make the game fun. There were some songs that you didn't know, but were fun as hell to play. There were fun little music references in the loading screens, and it was really one huge party. Neversoft feels like they cashed in on the franchise, getting well-known songs and bands that aren't necessarily the right fit for Guitar Hero. I mean, seriously? This is the first time where almost all the Bonus Tracks, while well-known in comparison to older iterations of the game, suck completely.

The only 'new feature' you've mentioned is the expanded window for HO/PO, which is not a 'new feature' as much as it is an 'improvement.' What new feature (besides the really crappy battles) has Neversoft brought to the Guitar Hero world?

So I guess that's my 2 cents along with everyone else's.

Astat

They make you play the synth part during the acapella "no one's gonna take me alive" section, but other than that it's all the actual guitar part. And yeah, I think overall GH3 is easier because if you look on ScoreHero, everything up until the final tier (Raining Blood and One) has been FC'd, whereas if you look at the first game, You Got Another Thing Comin' is a 2nd-tier song, and only a handful of people have FC'd it all this time after the game came out. Mother is a first-tier song on GH2 and people still have trouble with the ending solo. Basically for GH3 they squeezed all the REALLY hard stuff into a handful of songs.

And I think we're getting off-topic here, so...how about No More Sorrow? Quite the easy FC.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

guitar park.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.