North American Union

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Nick, Jan 2, 2008.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

[YOUTUBE]T74VA3xU0EA[/YOUTUBE]

This is just....wow

thoughts ? if you live in the US, Canada or Mexico. Or even in other countries for Observation

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Oh how lovely. One step closer to a worldwide dictatorship. Wonderful.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Haha, I love the wording of the poll at the end, nice little slap in the face to the administration.

But anyway...great, now I can't just flee to Canada when this country descends into complete chaos (which, mark my words, it will), I'm gonna have to go to fucking Sweden or some shit like that.

ragingxchaoz

ragingxchaoz Active Member

If one country is really going down and citizens have to flee, the first thing that other countries would do is to close up their borders to those people. They don't want spies and gangs and mafias and local terrorists all those tigers and bears to gang up in their countries. And those who made it to the plane and departed would end up being Tom Hanks in JFK.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2008
    Astat

I don't plan on being a refugee. There are a few things that I would take as warning signs, and there are several countries I would potentially consider (England, Sweden, Canada, and Australia being the main ones). Should I see enough warning signs that this place is about to completely go down the shitter, I plan on simply buying a plane ticket, getting all the crap together that I can take on a plane, leaving the country, and finding a U.S. consular officer in whatever country I wind up in, and renouncing my U.S. citizenship. I would then apply for citizenship in that country, and have my family back in the states mail me whatever I left back home (Thankfully I've met enough awesome people through LPU and whatnot that I'd probably be able to find a place to stay until I got my shit together in another country).

In other words, I literally plan to immigrate to another country.

(Sorry about editing your post, I accidentally clicked "Edit" instead of "Quote" and didn't realize it, lol)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2008
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

It's very strange and I don't think it's at all coincidental that at the same time there are several parties across Europe who are pushing for the whole European Union to unite and become The United States Of Europe.

Astat

And the police state just keeps getting bigger...

Luke

I thought this video was pretty interesting:
    [youtube]vuBo4E77ZXo[/youtube]
    Albeit this guy's opinion could be quite drastic but if you think about it it's not impossible whatsoever.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Lou Dobbs is a worthless, xenophobic pundit who will spin anything to agree with his Mexican-hating views. I wouldn't take a word he says seriously. He ranks only slightly lower than Bill O'Reilly on the bullshit meter

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

*aherm*

ZOMFGZ YEAR ZERO IS HAPPENING.

Ok, had to get that out.

Anyways, should this occur, Jay and I will hop on a plane and immigrate legally to Ireland.

Luke

I'll join you. Not that I live in America but Ireland is such a nice place. :lol:

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Well "1984" doesn't look so far away now...

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

It's time for me to immegrate to Japan, I was planing to anyway but this just gives me another reason to. If this happens, bye bye USA.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

The stupid part is I guarantee no one would've had a problem with this if the three governments had done it with consent from their governing bodies (U.S. Congress, Canadian Parliament, Mexican Congress).

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

That's ridiculous... I mean think about all the fences they wasted to split Mexico from America and now they're uniting them?

You know all my life I've been talking about moving to the US because it seemed like a cool place to live... now Belgium doesn't look so bad after all.

@Luke: The EU is stupid indeed, they keep welcoming more and more countries from the East and so all borders are now open all the way from Poland... people can just walk travel across Europe without going through any check-ups.

Human smugglers and drugdealers are having a fieldday.

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Todd

These people are taking this way too seriously. There are no plans by either of the 3 countries to create such a union and pretty much everything thus far has been a conspiracy theory. Lou Dobbs is an idiot who is scared of anything that exists outside our borders, and that stopthenorthamericanunion.com website looks like a fucking joke created by a bunch of wacko libertarian conspiracy theorists who are frightened by the words "Mexico" and "Canada"

And while I don't support the idea of a union either, I do support the idea of the 3 countries working together, rather than trying to do what these morons want and isolate ourselves from our neighbors. NAFTA has helped out the economies of the 3 countries immensely. A defined superhighway would make trade and travel between the 3 countries much easier (of course, it does need controls at the borders). Instead, the US is taking actions to make entering the US harder. Once the WHTI goes into effect later this summer, you will need a passport to enter the US by land. So if I drove from the US to Canada, when I returned to the US, I'd need to provide a passport to show I'm a US citizen, as if my birth certificate, drivers license and my car's license plates from one of the 50 states isn't enough. You'll be treated as an illegal alien and criminal until proven otherwise. It's only going to hurt our economy, as many Canadians who live close to the border would travel to the US to buy stuff because it's cheaper here. If they can no longer easily enter the US, businesses that are just on our side of the border are going to take a pretty large hit.

And I don't know much about it, but aren't some of the things about the EU good? The countries over there are small enough that you can drive all day and end up going through several different countries. Doesn't the Schengen Agreement mean that you can just drive through, without having to stop every few hours and wait in some long line at customs? And the Euro....again, since you can be going through several countries in a relatively short period, isn't it nice having one common currency? Due to the large size of the US, Canada and Mexico, I don't think something like the Schengen Agreement or the Euro is needed, but in Europe, it seems like anything else would be impractical.

Luke

Well that's the thing that puzzles me the most about all of this. Now that there will be little or no border control between Mexico and America it'll make it so much more simpler for drugs etc. to be smuggled in to North America from the South now that there's only the Mexican boarder to conquer.

What's more is that there's all this complaining going on in Europe that the EU laws are allowing too many immigrants into various countries and there'll surely be the same problem in North America now.

It's almost as if the EU and North America are welcoming more problems for themselves.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
    Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

QFT. I'd take anything I heard from Lou Dobbs with a grain of salt. Remember, this is the same guy who's convinced that Mexicans are bringing over leprosy in record numbers, and are all a part of some conspiracy to destroy the American middle class. This is all just paranoid speculation... nothing else.

Todd